Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #15) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 lenticular, 700 1/4 slip)
Notes: Embossed steelbook
3D and 2D slipcover
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

154907hwwhzurhgddjqhhq.jpg

154903bb9kglb8qe8gl5jm.jpg 154912jreber385hbbu3zo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in the minority for this one maybe, but I don't mind the WWR with the new back (no smaller character pics within frames) as long as it has a full gloss finish.

My personal favorite would have been this (used on kimchi's lenticular release):

IMO it makes the Kimchi Lenti King of the castle. The baby to have. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the minority for this one maybe, but I don't mind the WWR with the new back (no smaller character pics within frames) as long as it has a full gloss finish.

My personal favorite would have been this (used on kimchi's lenticular release):

That would be awesome if they used it as a steelbook artwork. :scat:

Lets wait and see what artwork slip they are going to use now.

Reactions: Hatori
Whilst I love the kimchi lenticular, it is the bare bones steel underneath with no title. This will be a notch above that. The back art is better by a mile too. There will also be a slip or slipbox.

If the steel sits in the slip, it's the slip you're admiring. Doesn't matter which steel is in it.
That's why the non exclusive Korean Thor 2 is one of the best to look at. "Fawn Over" as someone on hdn once said.
IMO. :)

Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #13) [China]

So Kevin said it will be full Gloss, title debossed and possibly debossed Thor.....:oohyeah:

So with the slip/goodies, this will be the best version of "Thor: The Dark World"......IMO :scat:

I'll try and get this so I can compare them.
Then we'll see who goes the full 12 rounds. :)

I'll try and get this so I can compare them.
Then we'll see who goes the full 12 rounds. :)

I have the Best Buy one with the debossed title, Taiwan for the slip, and the Kimchi lenticular....;)

And I would bet my house on it that it WOULD not be difficult to beat the finish on the US Best Buy Thor.......It's as rough as my dogs turds...IMO :hilarious:

So Kevin said it will be full Gloss, title debossed and possibly debossed Thor.....:oohyeah:

So with the slip/goodies, this will be the best version of "Thor: The Dark World"......IMO :scat:

So does that mean the title going to be raised with the border frame or debossed like the US/FS version? The pic has a embossing frame so im a bit confused.

Well I hope its just the embossed border with embossed title and a nice gloss finish with some bling effect maybe. Im glad Blufans arent canceling due to artwork disagreements like Gravity. This will still be the definitive edition out of all Thor 2 releases because its the only one thats gloss and would match the the other Marvel Avengers steels embossing-wise. Im actually quite excited for this even if its not WEA.

Also can a mod update the OP and thumbnail with the official mockup?:D

well another reason to save my money....i hope the iron man from K does not disappoint!

I'm not sure if Marvel will be the deciding factor. I think it's Paramount so it's easy for me to say that Kimchi will have an amazing WEA artwork.

As for this title, I'm still going to get it. It's Blufans and they never dissapoint. Even if it's the same as BB/FS (which I already own), there's just something special about the word "BLUFANS" that will still make the steelbook different and desirable :cool:

Reactions: Actarus