Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #15) [China]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Release date: April, 2015
Print run: 2000 (1300 lenticular, 700 1/4 slip)
Notes: Embossed steelbook
3D and 2D slipcover
Finish will be matte with spot gloss
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.
Group Buy: Click here for the Hi-Def Ninja Blufans Marvel GB

154907hwwhzurhgddjqhhq.jpg

154903bb9kglb8qe8gl5jm.jpg 154912jreber385hbbu3zo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is gloss, or just a different finish from the other Thor TDW steels then i will get it to go with the first... I am a little dissapointed though, im contemplating just forgetting this now...

Reactions: DodgyDave
embossed and debossed

The artwork could not be changed because of weak sales in China, while being successful elsewhere.

At least Blufans got to remove the images on back cover and have title on front and spine.

Will have a collector set for Thor 1 & 2.
Preorder mid August.
Tentative release in September.

Failed artwork. Even approved artwork got rejected.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The artwork could not be changed because of weak sales in China, while being successful elsewhere.

At least Blufans got to remove the images on back cover and have title on front and spine.

Will have a collector set for Thor 1 & 2.
Preorder mid August.
Tentative release in September.

Failed artwork. Even approved artwork got rejected.

The first one is INCREDIBLE !!!!! EEK!EEK!EEK!EEK!

The 1st one of the rejected mockups is by far the best. Too bad Marvel is strict. Even if the artwork is the same as the US version, I'm still gonna get the Blufans release because it'll be better with gloss and extras.

I would have paid more money than I've ever paid for a steel for that first mock-up!! EEK! Gutted they're not going for it, but at least it saves my wallet a little cos I'm definitely not picking up another version of the same steel - unless the slip is unbelievable of course! :naughty: :hilarious:

The failed artworks are EPIC!!!! I'm gutted they were all rejected...:(

Although the steel will be almost identical to the WWR the finish will wipe the floor with the others I'm sure. ;)

The Best Buy one especially which had one of the worst finishes I have seen on a steel.....:naughty:

I will be going for the double pack....:D

I'm in the minority for this one maybe, but I don't mind the WWR with the new back (no smaller character pics within frames) as long as it has a full gloss finish.

My personal favorite would have been this (used on kimchi's lenticular release):

Thor-dark-world HDN.jpg