USA
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Tomorrowland
Price: £23.99

1.jpg 2.jpg

11123662-1544298489432325.jpg
tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled this last night. Not sure if I'll regret it but sounds like I made the choice at just the right time?

Yeah I also cancelled just before they took payments. I haven't seen the film yet but I decided to cancel because all of the mixed reviews. Just going to get it on amaray and see what I make of it :emb:

Going by the J-card shot, the specs appear to be:

Special Features:
Remembering the Future: A Personal Journey Through Tomorrowland with Brad Bird
Casting Tomorrowland
A Great Big Beautiful Scoring Session
Animated Short: The Origins of Plus Ultra
Brad Bird Production Diaries; The First Day, NASA.
Blast from the Past Commercial
Deleted Scenes with Filmmaker Intro
The World of Tomorrow Science Hour
(Apparently there are 4 Easter Eggs on there also)

Languages:
English DTS-HD MA 7.1/Dolby Digital 4.1
Czech DTS Surround 5.1
Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0
English Audio Descriptive

Subs:
Czech
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Portuguese
Swedish
English (hearing Impaired)

Reactions: Il Furiano
Looks perfectly fine, to me going by the pics :)

Good to see the title etc. on the quarter slip as per the mock-up instead of on the steelbook itself :thumbs:

Matte black background, as (I) expected, with embossed motif - what's not to like . . . apart from the pricing of the thing ?

Only one other thing I'd change on this - but it's the same with every steelbook release unfortunately - and that is the colouring of the disc itself. A black, silver, or even a white disc would complement the internal artwork SO MUCH better (not expecting Mondo disc artwork where the disc artwork fits perfectly with the internal artwork of the steel - at least on the few examples I've seen) but these one-colour discs which clash with the artwork are starting to bug me :(

Last edited:
Looks perfectly fine to me going by the pics :)

Good to see the title etc. on the quarter slip as per the mock-up instead of on the steelbook itself :thumbs:
I wish more were like that - where the eye is drawn to clean and tidy artwork instead of to text.

Matte black background, as expected, with embossed motif - what's not to like . . . apart from the pricing of the thing ?

Only one thing I'd change on this - but it's the same with every steelbook release unfortunately - and that is the colouring of the disc itself. A black, silver, or even a white disc would complement the internal artwork SO MUCH better (not expecting Mondo disc artwork where the disc artwork fits perfectly with the internal artwork of the steel - at least on the few examples I've seen) but these one-coloured discs which clash with the artwork are starting to bug me :(
This is confirmed matt then? Damn :(

*Edit: Sorry, just noticed you said 'going by the pics'.*

Confirmed by pics as far as is possible to tell from them.
Waiting for more info / more pics / more feedback from recipients.
Looks matte to me though.

Actually going back on my last comment, some people may argue it's embossed because the whole area outside of the "T" in the circle acts as a border.

Tricky when it's like that because I see it as both