Purchase link: Tomorrowland
Price: £23.99

1.jpg 2.jpg

11123662-1544298489432325.jpg
tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Showing as 'Zavvi Sold Out' ATM

zavvi sale tactics again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
no way has a 1 disc film sold out at £23.99 that is complete bull.
they hope by pulling it 2 weeks before release it will generate intrest again.
this has been on sale since friday 22nd may, which is 18 weeks and not sold out.
you think they is creaming there pants over this, i do.
my 50pence bet is this will be down to £17-18 by end of year because thats what it is worth really disney or not.
people just won't be robbed blind anymore :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

basil :thumbs:

Admittedly bad VFM this one when compared to recent and upcoming releases such as 'Oz . . . ' and 'John Carter' which both have 2 discs and 3D and are both around the 17 quid level if I remember correctly and I would have been more comfortable with a 'live' price of GBP 19.99 for this but just thinking of another recent high priced Disney steelbook 'Into the Woods' (which to my knowledge has not had more than a couple of quid knocked off its price during the 4 months since it was released - in the end got so fed up waiting for a reduction that I bought it from a re-seller two days ago) I realised that maybe this is not so completely OTT price-wise.

Haven't seen the film yet unlike some members but I'm encouraged by what has been said about it here and look forward to watching it next month.

The steelbook itself looks v. nice to me with good though very different artwork front and back and I like the spine with the motif which if also embossed would be fab (if it's possible to have embossing on a steelbook spine ?).

We will see. So far this is a worldwide exclusive. No one else has even announced a SteelBook for this film yet.

The thing with Zavvi is that it is easier to reserve in advance just in case, and cancel later if a cheaper release comes out. You also avoid the dreaded return market for scratch-and-dent SteelBooks.

However, Disneys almost always hold their value because of their audience and there is also a built-in collector market that will buy anything Disney.

I cancelled my order
It might be a nice steelbook but too many releases and it had to go its not high on my must have list

Sorry. Random question.
I am considering cancelling my Steelbook from Zavvi as just don't know what to make of this movie.
It has left me really confused and don't know what to make of it.

I actually think it is the music that are find most appealing about it and that might be misleading.

Could someone with decent movie experience just answer one question for me. Is this movie brilliantly good or brilliantly awful because I can't decide..? lol!

Saw it last weekend and liked the first hour, but thought the last hour was a bit too easy... really non-suprising.
So I cancelled my pre-order.
Same here... finally checked out the film recently and the first hour was pretty good and really pulled me in, but then it all got a bit dumb IMO. I don't regret cancelling this.

Be ready for an early GBP 23.99 grab from your account for this item due for release a whole week from today (n)
Zavvi have probably started to give us false release dates!!! :p

The real release dates are 1 week prior to the dates we've being given so that people don't cancel in time any more!!! :rofl::LOL:

Debit Card has now been charged for this, zavvi getting earlier and earlier with these, either hoping to stop people cancelling too soon or they are just getting better at despatching early ?? !??!?:rolleyes:

Either way, looking at sites such as ebay or amazon, this film is doing really poor in it's sales, hardly anyone on ebay is selling this, and it's quite low in the amazon sales rankings. I can't believe either this steelbook is sold out on zavvi, just doesn't make sense...

So why did I buy this ?....I need to think hard. o_O

. . . for the same reason I bought it - because it's not a bad-looking steelbook and hopefully 'live' pics posted here before the end of the week will show just that.
Too damned expensive though.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy