USA
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Tomorrowland
Price: £23.99

1.jpg 2.jpg

11123662-1544298489432325.jpg
tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This steelbook turned out to be quite awesome, well Disney steelbooks tend to be like that even though I don't collect them. Shame that this film isn't really that good, would have considered buying it otherwise.

Now for a page or two on if this is de-bossed or embossed . . . :)
Looking more gloss than matte now, going by the new pics just posted, with the sheen and the way the light plays on the surface.
Glossy or matte doesn't matter to me with this one, as it's a good-looking steel either way.

Nice. This is the kind of embossing I like. I really dislike the picture frame type boarder embossing for most releases that have it...especially on most of the Zavvi Disney and Pixar steels. Looks beautiful IMHO and it might be one of those weird titles like Lone Ranger that does not get a ****-ton of releases.

Yeah, they definitely nailed the embossing/debossing, but I still hate that the front is blank with just the badge in the middle... especially when the back has a nice, colourful image. It looks like two different steels slapped together IMO.

Reactions: snooloui and luke98
I was quite surprised to find this at home, it's alright I like the bonus feature that we don't usually get in our Disney new releases; a 'title on the spine'.

Going by the J-card shot, the specs appear to be:
Languages:
English DTS-HD MA 7.1/Dolby Digital 4.1
Czech DTS Surround 5.1
Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0
English Audio Descriptive

Subs:
Czech
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Portuguese
Swedish
English (hearing Impaired)
I read Czech DD5.1 and Spanish DTS 5.1 :wow::wow:

Last edited:
Yeah, they definitely nailed the embossing/debossing, but I still hate that the front is blank with just the badge in the middle... especially when the back has a nice, colourful image. It looks like two different steels slapped together IMO.

Maybe think 'Tron Legacy' steelbook ?

Just noticed that the full title is on the disc but only Tomorrowland on the spine. I like that they have done that

This one getting off to a slow start with only a dozen or so offered by re-sellers at between GBP 30 - 35.
I'd say it's a bit early to be paying 10 quid over cost for this steel and I'd be most surprised if it's not back for sale on release day and around for a good while after that . . .

Got mine today after dispatch e-mail yesterday!!!! Quickest Zavvi turnaround ever!!!!!

Follow that lead and all 3 BTTF steelbooks will turn up tomorrow as i had 3 dispatch e-mails early this morning!!!!!

A big thumbs up to Zavvi....for once!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

The film is not to my liking
The Steelbook though looks nice

You can be sure this will come back in stock soon sometime next week most likely

A lot cancelled their orders so I expect this will be available for a while when it comes back available

If the price drops I might get it just for Steelbook itself

That would have been equally nice, though I suppose the motif stands out better against the black background and is more 'dramatic'.

I knew the Steelbook itself would turn out great! Excited to get my copy and watch this movie again. Hopefully it doesn't seem worse a second time around.

Good to read that some are happy with the super rapid money grab and dispatch for this - for myself I'd have preferred the standard notification time to have given me the chance to cancel in time if I'd been that way inclined.
Same applies to all pre-orders.

Steelbook arrived yesterday, very happy with it, decent quality finish, it has a sort of gloss 'light' finish to it, when you touch the front/back it 'feels' like a good matte finish, but glossed, weird.

Watched the film last night and enjoyed it, very funny in parts and I've got no idea why people seem to have something against it, should have done much better than it did originally. Those robot FBI guys certainly struck a pose.

The extras on the disc are good as well, Hugh Lauries' science hour outtakes are very funny.