USA
Release date: October 5th, 2015
Purchase link: Tomorrowland
Price: £23.99

1.jpg 2.jpg

11123662-1544298489432325.jpg
tl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook arrived yesterday, very happy with it, decent quality finish, it has a sort of gloss 'light' finish to it, when you touch the front/back it 'feels' like a good matte finish, but glossed, weird.

Watched the film last night and enjoyed it, very funny in parts and I've got no idea why people seem to have something against it, should have done much better than it did originally. Those robot FBI guys certainly struck a pose.

The extras on the disc are good as well, Hugh Lauries' science hour outtakes are very funny.
I agree. People have a lot of hate for this movie when it's not the worst movie ever. It's just not the best movie ever. This one's got some good bits to it...

Reactions: Le Marquis
I agree. People have a lot of hate for this movie when it's not the worst movie ever. It's just not the best movie ever. This one's got some good bits to it...

You'll need to name those bits, I've watched more movies than I care to remember but this is a colossal Turkey.
Reminded me of clooneys monuments men in that the premise and set up sounded great but the execution was well wide of the mark .

You'll need to name those bits, I've watched more movies than I care to remember but this is a colossal Turkey.
Reminded me of clooneys monuments men in that the premise and set up sounded great but the execution was well wide of the mark .
The whole premise thing is true about the movie, where it sounds great but falls short. IMO
when the main character Casey goes off to find out what the pin means and when she finds Clooney that's the start of her "adventure" Also the action bits where they actually go to Tomorrowland and the part with the robots in the collectibles store.
Just to name a few ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
By some accounts this is another overblown big budget affair ($190 Million) and the type of film that will have me nodding off if it's anything like 'Interstellar'. . .
Much prefer intimate 'underblown' sci-fi in the style of 'Starman' or even 'K-Pax'.

By some accounts this is another overblown big budget affair ($190 Million) and the type of film that will have me nodding off if it's anything like 'Interstellar'. . .
Much prefer intimate 'underblown' sci-fi in the style of 'Starman' or even 'K-Pax'.

Wow, if you prefer STARMAN to INTERSTELLAR, I really don't know what to say.

TOMORROWLAND is not a Bruckheimer action film. It's a fantasy adventure film. It's not a movie where you will get car chases every 10 minutes. It actually has a story and characters that evolve.

If you are expecting THE AVENGERS (minimal story, maximum action), then look elsewhere.

Cancelled this a week ago have to admit having second thoughts.
Trouble is I was disappointed with film more so than the FF reboot as this had no studio meddling, was an original film, with an amazing director. Visually some parts were great, couldn't help but think if some kids saw this at the cinema they might have got bored by this and I know not everyone may agree but I think Clooney works better in an ensemble rather than as a leading man.
FF had shades of great film and wonder what could have been.
Hope Disney still take risks on original movies as well as remakes/reboots.
May still get this but waiting on Blufans/Nova/etc first.

When I say intimate 'underblown' sci-fi in the style of 'Starman' (1984) as opposed to overblown 'Interstellar' I'm not referring to car chases / action films or 'The Avengers' and the like.
I admit to being a fan of small-scale sci-fi / fantasy films in the style of 'Another Earth' though of course I have a soft spot for bigger budget affairs such as the first 'Alien' film, 'The Thing', the first 'Predator' film and various others.
As this steelbook is on its way to me I'll be able to form an opinion one way or t'other after I've watched the film :)

That is one smart looking steelbook and I'd say they got the artwork and colouring just right throughout - good job all concerned :thumbs:

well Zavvi screwed me again on this release. I ordered using paypal, and they said there was a problem with paypal so I need to replace the order. How do you order something thats sold out ZAVVI?

This film was way better than that Avengers Age of Ultron rubbish. I saw that on the plane and had to hit fast forward at times...