Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi / MCM Expo Comic Con Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Steelbook collectors should definitely stop by our stall (1361) at MCM Expo Comic Con... We'll be selling an Ultra Limited run of the Young Frankenstein #Steelbook with this electrifying artwork. Only 1000 copies! Good ol' Igor, we're glad he made the back cover.

Any unsold copies should be available online within a few days of event.
Via Zavvi Facebook page
Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < (Sold out)!

10697414_10152317061050146_2605977833952145561_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They originally planned to put 200 of the remaining 650-700 unsold at the con. Who cares if they put all remaining stock up on the website? Its still limited to 1k. This will just mean there is less of a chance of zavvi selling it at cons in the future. If they do sell it again at next years con they might have saved 50 max.

I'll admit, I had trouble finding this on Zavvi's site. I tried to search from their main page, but results turned up nothing. I eventually spotted a link posted on Twitter, but still showed up as Sold Out. After hitting F5 a few times, it eventually appeared live, but not at 2pm as Facebook stated. Definitely something wrong with Zavvi's system, as it seemed to let other people order ten to twenty minutes earlier than others! I tried on my laptop and my smartphone, so I know it wasn't a cache / browser issue :/

This never ceases to amaze me: At first everybody is pissed off that it doesn't go live at 2 pm sharp, but like 5 minutes past. Then they are all super excited that they got one, THEN they are pissed off again because it is still live 20 minutes later and already supect that there are 900+ copies available. I'm not a big fan of zavvi myself, but give them a break will you...

Give them a break? Hahaha

Considering the absolute **** most people on here have had dealing with Zavvi. A break?? They are lucky despite it all people still want to order from them. There is no way they only had 200 or it would be sold out. I've seen things that were limited to 1000 sell out in 20 minutes

Give Zavvi a break??? Aww thanks mate that will keeping me laughing all winter ;)

I'll admit, I had trouble finding this on Zavvi's site. I tried to search from their main page, but results turned up nothing. I eventually spotted a link posted on Twitter, but still showed up as Sold Out. After hitting F5 a few times, it eventually appeared live, but not at 2pm as Facebook stated. Definitely something wrong with Zavvi's system, as it seemed to let other people order ten to twenty minutes earlier than others! I tried on my laptop and my smartphone, so I know it wasn't a cache / browser issue :/

Well, if you read the last 3 pages on here, you'll see that it went live a few minutes past 2 for everybody, at least for everybody who cleared their cookies or changed browsers...

There is no way they only had 200 or it would be sold out. I've seen things that were limited to 1000 sell out in 20 minutes
This isn't a Marvel release, it's unlikely there were 200 people just waiting about to try and buy at 2PM on the dot IMO.
Also, it doesn't help that some people don't even realise it's in stock yet because of their website bug & having to clear cookies/switch browser to get it to show as in stock.

FYI: The Sucker Punch Steelbook from San Diego Comic Con was also limited to 1000 and took days to sell out.
Give Zavvi a break???
Considering you find Zavvi so terrible, why do you even order from them? If I felt as strongly about it as you seem to I certainly wouldn't.

Where did you see that they had 650-700 unsold ?
There's been a fair bit of dis-information in this thread, they probably just made a mistake.

I'll just quote these:
MCM Comic Con was on for three days. Say they sold 300 the first day (based on what HUBMUSWELL said), that means they only had to sell 250 on each of the remaining days to be left with the 200 they say they held back.

Considering the two remaining days were the weekend, which I assume it'd be busier during, I'd say that seems pretty likely.
And...
LOL @dfoles about 200 were held back and will go back on sale tomorrow at approximately 2 pm UK time http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/young-...usive-limited-edition-steelbook/11030614.html
Good luck all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lutzo
If what has been stated is true about there only being 200 or so units left then this should be as rare as hens teeth when its sold out.
Only 200 units for general public I'll take one.