Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi / MCM Expo Comic Con Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Steelbook collectors should definitely stop by our stall (1361) at MCM Expo Comic Con... We'll be selling an Ultra Limited run of the Young Frankenstein #Steelbook with this electrifying artwork. Only 1000 copies! Good ol' Igor, we're glad he made the back cover.

Any unsold copies should be available online within a few days of event.
Via Zavvi Facebook page
Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < (Sold out)!

10697414_10152317061050146_2605977833952145561_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a word of warning to all Ninja's that ordered this from the Zavvi website the other day, mine has just arrived in an A1 cardboard envelope no protection at all. No wonder Zavvi's got a bad rep.

I'm guessing your copy was dispatched from the UK mainland distribution centre...

I'm guessing your copy was dispatched from the UK mainland distribution centre...

I'm guessing that means that every copy will be shipped the same way. Disaster. I'm glad I decided to skip this one now.

Last edited:
I just got mine in a mailer no protection. Can someone please calm my OCD and tell me if all the weird marks and the lines on the top are part of the design (i am pretty sure they are not) :(

Last edited:
I just got mine in a mailer no protection. Can someone please calm my OCD and tell me if all the weird marks and the lines on the top are part of the design (i am pretty sure they are not) :(
Sorry, but you're correct - the Zavvi slasher has been at that.

IMG_0887_rs.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, even the version I got sent to me from Comic Con wasn't quite mint, it had a couple of paint chips plus faint scratches at the top left and that was sent in bomb-proof packaging from a HDNer to me, so I assume happened at the factory it was made in.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles and Flash
I know, as i said and hence why I was so angry at Zavvi is that it happens to me far too often.

They of course don't have anymore, so the age ol' either keep it damaged or return it and don't have it. It's got more marks I have just noticed, it's going to have to go back.

I honestly am gutted really wanted this :(

Last edited:
Thank you so much that is super kind of you to offer. But someone else has also offered me another one first but honestly thank you so much. Nice to know there are some decent people around :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would advise that you hold fire until you've received one good copy, I have a feeling this thread could turn into a Zavvi fest when these start dropping through the letter boxes...literally.

Reactions: Flash
Why do they have to ship the rarest steels in those envelopes. This could be V for Vendetta all over again.

How can they claim themselves as the house of Steelbooks and provide the worst type of shipping experience known to man?

Reactions: DJ IXS and Flash
The thing is mine was clearly not damaged in transit it was badly ***** under the wrapping clearly in production or the zavvi spine slasher knew it was mine and went mental :(

Reactions: dfoles
My copy just arrived, came in the normal white zavvi box. I ordered mines between 4-5pm when it went live. The work experience kiddies must have clocked of at 4pm, you know the ones that were using the a4 cardboard envelopes.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBMT