Young Frankenstein (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi / MCM Expo Comic Con Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Steelbook collectors should definitely stop by our stall (1361) at MCM Expo Comic Con... We'll be selling an Ultra Limited run of the Young Frankenstein #Steelbook with this electrifying artwork. Only 1000 copies! Good ol' Igor, we're glad he made the back cover.

Any unsold copies should be available online within a few days of event.
Via Zavvi Facebook page
Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < (Sold out)!

10697414_10152317061050146_2605977833952145561_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Zavvi are brave doing this, just after the Maleficent fiasco. I wonder how many disgruntled customers will be asking what happened? :naughty:

still prefer the italian exclusive
anyway i appreciate the effort on trying to make a fresh cool artwork, even though they failed

Last edited:
I'm planning on going Sunday. Might pick up some if a) there is enough interest b) they don't limit the per person number (i.e. 1 per person)

I'd like a copy as well as i don't even have a copy of the film on blu-ray at all. Obviously it all depends on how many you can get on the day I really don't see this one making it's way to the zavvi store or if it does go on ebay, stupid money....... You just know a lot of people there will be picking it up to sell for stupid money on ebay.... Sad but that's crappy business models for you.

I did look at this convention a couple of weeks ago, but there is no one I wanted to meet or even heard of for that matter I'm not bothering. Besides, I haven't even heard of the film.

Never heard of it? Classic Mel Brooks comedy. You must be in your teens.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJ IXS
Never heard of it? Classic Mel Brooks comedy. You must be in your teens.

Oh crap, I forgot Mel Brooks done it. I haven't seen it, that's probably why I forgot it. I do like the Mel Brooks films I have seen. I'm now curious about it now. No I'm not in my teens, by a long way.

Reactions: Ricker
Yes do check it out, Lester, you'll enjoy a good roll in the hay! :p Have they confirmed a price on this? I'd guess £25 cuz 'ultra rare' ? Highly doubt they'll even stock more than a couple hundred at the event to be honest and even then I don't anticipate a sell-out. Unless steelbooking is just far more fashionable than I'm reckoning. Think most people should manage to get one if it is 25 squid.

Reactions: Lester
It wont be £25. The only time a zavvi exclusive has been that price is when it's a new release, i.e. Maleficent, GOTG, Under the skin etc.

The blue colours look crap on the steel compared to the slip.