30 Days of Night (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Limited to 2000
Release Date: 11 August 2014 (was 04 August 2014)
Price: £14.99
Buy Link: 30 Days Of Night

WwXN7s1403869731.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:
Really? You'd put This Is England in the same pile as 30 Days Of Night? Really?

EDIT: Tongue bitten.

yeah, they both have more of a cult-type following only this had a comic based predecessor and TIE has a post-movie TV life....both still live on in their varied forms due to said fandom/following.

plus I love both movies for what they are so dont see it as an insult at all.

can I ask, is your dislike of TIE due too you not being English at all (forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems the charm of said movie/tv show is lost on many non-brits)

Reactions: hellboydce1
yeah, they both have more of a cult-type following only this had a comic based predecessor and TIE has a post-movie TV life....both still live on in their varied forms due to said fandom/following.

can I ask, is your dislike of TIE due too you not being English at all (forgive me if I'm wrong, but it seems the charm of said movie/tv show is lost on many non-brits)

English through and through, have seen TIE and the 1st tv mini series, and they were...ok, in a channel 4 bbc 2 kind of way, just somewhat boring and not in my opinion worth more than one watch, I just love 30 days :happy grin

Or am I getting mixed up in the replies

Last edited:

I'm 100% English. Well, apparently my surname is French but that must've been from a fair few generations ago.

I love English films. Lock Stock, Snatch, Layer Cake, Filth, basically every Danny Boyle film (apart from Slumdog). I just didn't get on with TIE. And tbh I wouldn't put it in league with 30DON. But that's me, I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to good vamp films and comic book movies.

One viewing of this film was enough for my lifetime, and I'm not a fan of that artwork... the "splatter effect" is used so much nowadays that it's become a really lazy design choice imo.

Pass for me, but I'm happy for those that wanted it. :D

Going to get this.

For me it was the last good Hollywood Vampire film before the Twilight crap that's ruined the vampire genre.

They tried with Daybreakers but it fell flat in my opinion.

Shame this ended up getting a crappy low budget sequel AND they recast Melissa George.

Reactions: ghost1
I agree. I film with bite (in the proper sense)
The Twilight films are dire in my view. Caught the first one on Film 4 one night.
Wouldn't want to watch any of the others.

Absolutely phenomenal vampire film. For my money the best since Near Dark.

Day one for me, can't wait. I had zero interest way back when I saw the trailer but was dragged to see it on the big screen and I fell in love with it.

Was much different than expected. Loved the vampire dialect, the tension throughout, The eerie music during the snowstorm leading up to the arrival. It's so subdued and mature, not hyper like I thought it would be.

I'll never forget my first Blu-Ray experience with a few friends over at mine. That surround activity, WOW, chills up the spine!