Basil The Great Mouse Detective (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order October 13, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £18.99

43694596_10155486462355146_7188007749907644416_n.jpg

11912758-1964617561447267.jpg 11912758-2114617561677169.jpg 11912758-1764617561752268.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it’s just embossed but the title is cut out creating debossing. Don’t twinbossing have to be 3 layers like maleficent? This is like the back of roger rabbit but the other way round. If you get what I mean
That's what some of us have been thinking (read last pages lol) but @virkia thinks differently.

Has anyone else not received this steel. Mine was sent out the same day as The Rescuers Down Under. Got that one two days later but still to receive this one.

this is a great wave so far, all of the new releases are amazing but i got this today and is easily my favorite so far, art and finished are great, love the embossing/debossing on this and those blue colors make this pop and at the same time make this a very elegant steelbook! love it!

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Mine still hasn't arrived and i emailed Zavvi and they started insulting my intelligence by saying "Did you check with the neighbour etc". I was blunt as possible and made it clear, it hadn't arrived without being rude and could I have a replacement copy because after two weeks (my copies take 4 days max) it's not going to turn up!

this is a great wave so far, all of the new releases are amazing but i got this today and is easily my favorite so far, art and finished are great, love the embossing/debossing on this and those blue colors make this pop and at the same time make this a very elegant steelbook! love it!
agreed, great wave.

only complaints are lack of 3D - yes I know technically the UK didnt get Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons 3D blu-ray but the US did and seeing as we are getting re-prints of Basil The Great Mouse Detective and the Rescuers double movie disc for the Rescuers Down Under steelbook so why not the same US based treatment for the rest?
Also, too many too soon. Some Averaging 2 per month - personally, one every 6 weeks would feel like a nice, slow building collection. Especially considering we had The Incredible's 2 out this week and have 3-5 Marvels(if considering those Disney too - 3 released to date with Ant-Man & The Wasp, and Agents of Shield 3 yet to come)
Slow it down some. Please.
One of each Disney Classic/Pixar and one MCU Disney a month max IMO for a number of reasons it just better.

I was happy to receive this and see the proper original release name is even on the J-card. :thanks: That b*stardized name is still on the disc, but that's just because they used the UK Blu-ray discs. :D

• Haha
Reactions: dfoles
The correct name is on the Disc...pssht on you :p

Some day you'll learn that the correct title is The Great Mouse Detective. If you wanted to make a case for Basil of Baker Street, then you'd have an argument. Anything else would be like me renaming you yeskay in the US. Until the day, I'll take joy in knowing you have to look at The Great Mouse Detective plastered across that beautiful SteelBook. :D

• Haha
Reactions: dfoles