Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - In theaters March 25, 2016

What did you think of Batman v Superman???

• PERFECT! WOW!!!!!!

• Very good. Few up & down but overal, very good!

• Ok. Felt underwhelming...

• Piece of crap movie!!!

• Haven't seen... won't see! No interest here!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ash333

s'Mod
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Mar 3, 2011
Seattle, WA, USA
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Laurence Fishburne, Holly Hunter

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 151

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Just got back from seeing this, i thought it was amazing :woot: Ben Affleck was badass :cool: i loved Jesse Eisenberg, he was crazy :D i thought the ending was great, lots of action in this film :thumbs: i think Ben Affleck is the best Batman we got :thumbs: it was a dark film but it was also fun too.
i will admit, i teared up a little when superman died :bag::(:arghh::banghead:
It was very intense :OMG: i will be getting the blu-ray :hungry:

Just got back from seeing it a 2nd time but in 3D this time, was better than the first time.
Completely agree with you!!! I've been doing this for some time now (2nd viewing on big blockbuster) and seems like I enjoy more and more the movies this way. The 1st time is always TOO MUCH to see and you kinda get lost and loose some points in the BIG movie viewing experience.

For BvS, seems like it was even more obvious with my 1st viewing. SO much going on: the introduction to a new Batman, the desert setup, the upcoming fight, Lex being Lex, the Knightmares, the Dawn of Justice, the cameos, the fights, Doomsday, The *** of *******, geez.... WAYYY too much to digest in only one time.
After my 1st viewing Thursday, even if I truly enjoyed it, I found many flaws and was kinda not 100% satisfied. With taking the whole week-end to read other COMIC BOOK FANS reviews, you guys here and AVOIDING the Critics (they know NOTHING on CBM), reading all about Easter Eggs/Cameos, I understand MUCH better all the "Dawn of Justice", the Knightmares and especially the truly SPECIAL/WEIRD cameo of
Armored Flash who travel thru time to warn Batman about an upcoming treat, that he was right all along (about what.... we don't know...), about Lois being Special (hum....) and that he HAS to find the Metahumans "Find us".

So... if like me, you enjoyed your 1st time, do yourself a favor and GO SEE IT AGAIN! Your experience can only be better!

Finally, my only BIG disapointment after all this:
The BATMOBILE and the Batwing!!!
Seriously... the look of the car is too much a crossover of the 1989+Tumbler (my 2 favorite cars EVER in a movie) but I dunno... kinda not sold (at the moment)... For the Batwing, I hoped for a 89 design with The Bat emblem look.... but no... :(
and also the way Superman stops the Batmobile in the middle of the chase! That was just... meh! Feels like Superman is just dumb stupid and prefer to let the bad guys win.... oh well....

It's at the top of my list, but so many things hold me back from going to the cinema... mainly the cost and the fact that I hate sitting with other people to watch films lol. I'd rather spend my money on a copy that I can watch countless times in the comfort of my own home with no idiots talking and/or crunching their popcorn in my ears. :sour::p

And breath. :p

Personally, I rate films by the amount of enjoyment I get out of them, not how perfect/imperfect they are. I found Sucker Punch to be a lot of fun... turn off your brain and enjoy the ride kind of fun! Same goes for Pacific Rim... although I didn't think it was as great as most people, I still enjoyed it for what it was. I do get where you're coming from anyway mate.

As for the critics... I never take much notice of what they say, because you can never be sure if they're being honest, or whether they've been paid, or whether they have something against the director/studio, or any other selection of reasons. Something definitely seems fishy in regards to their reviews on BvS though, especially when compared to reviews of fans... it doesn't add up. I tend to just go by what my friends say anyway, and even then I still go in to a film with a fairly open mind. At the end of the day, I like what I like! ;)

One thing that both annoys and amuses me in regards to BvS, is that the critics say it lacks humour... did they watch the same f****** trailers as I did? Because they all looked rather dark/gritty to me. Seriously, what were they expecting?! Comments like that just make me think they're all Marvel fanboys, or that they've received bigger cheques from Marvel than they did Warner Bros, so they're playing favourites lol.

I actually love that DC are basically the opposite of Marvel (who'd want two of the same thing anyway?). Marvel films are quite light-hearted and funny, whereas DC are dark and serious, and I'm a fan of both. Oh, and I agree that Aquaman does look crap on paper (as do some Marvel characters), but I reckon he's going to surprise people. :D

I planned to reply to the rest of your post mate, but I'm super tired right now and we'd only be going further off topic. Obviously not everyone's going to like the same films anyway, and that's cool! Some of my favourite conversations with friends are about our varying taste in movies... it can be pretty interesting and also funny at times. :)

Lol breathe

Skipped this thread for a few days but just caught up

Don't get me wrong I love big action films and mindless action and there are some really sh*t films I love (just like films I find sh*t and can't understand why other like it) one of my weird favourite films is cabin fever but I've never found anyone to say the same lol plus i used to smoke a lot of weed for years and years and can pretty much watch anything therefore I can easily turn my brain off for big action films and so on.

I completely agree about critics and being paid or having problems with the director or actors etc but I sometimes (only sometimes) like to see what some think, it's the same with fan boys - it's hard sometimes to understand why they liked it or to take them too seriously or on a recommendation - unless they have truly f*cked with the story then most are going to love it even if it is cr*p. I'm a marvel & batman fan boy as you know and over the years I've raved about films and told my mates to watch them and they do and they tell me they hate it so it made me realise because I'm a fan anyway then maybe im being biased. Even Someone in this thread has already said "is it a perfect movie? No, did I enjoy it? I loved it"!!!! Lol so it was perfect for that person?! Hmmm
That person is clearly as we all know a huge batman fan and it takes me back to a point i raised in my last post. By they way I'm not trying to cause an argument with this person but sometimes it's hard for a fan boy (like myslef) to accept if something they love is actually rubbish (something I'm personally getting better with and not just loving everything)

I don't judge people by what they like, my best friend might hate everything I like and vice versa but he would still be my best friend (it would just be annoying when we are trying to watch a film together lol - saying that most my exes have hated my film taste except the odd couple of flicks)

Yeah reading the critic comments on humour is quite funny. I'm not sure what they was expecting either. Have they seen man of steel? I love that DC is darker (usually the joker is the one that makes you laugh but becuase of how evil is - pen trick in dark knight and that convo, the party scene when he throws the drink away and drink the remaining drop, very poor choice of words lol)

I also like that the MCU and DCU are different in terms of tone and humour etc. I wouldn't of wanted DC to follow marvel becasue like you say who wants two of the same. But then all the batman and superman films lack in humour which is good except maybe the villain at times. So I don't know why the critics thought that would change for this film.
Yeah after Ant-man I'll give most characters that I thought might be stupid a go now.

I do love talking to mates about films but sadly most of them have gone off superhero films bar x-men so it's harder to talk about it plus they all hate superman and none of them want to see this so I'll either go on my own next week or just wait to watch the R rated cut.

Glad most are using spoilers for this although some people have ruined things and I now know Jesse is Lex's son (which kinda makes sense - love Jesse but I always found it strange he was cast as lex). And read a few other bits but managed to not read around it befkre spoiling too much

It's all good when people post how much a film is making but that don't mean the film is any good. When it's batman and superman in a film for the first time of course it will be up there with force awakens and Jurassic world, avengers and Harry Potter and That's what annoys me about film studios who green light a sequel to a awful film because it made a load of money but not realising the ratings and critic and back lash it gets. Not saying it's the case with this as it was always going to do well.... What super hero films don't but it just makes me laugh. Saying that most recent film that's have done extremely well on the money side like the films mentioned have all been pretty good IMO.
And that's the other side of that argument. Your very happy when you do like something and it breaks all records like Jurassic world and Star Wars. Catch 22's all around!

Anyway back on track now and sorry to anyone who thinks I'm derailing (serioulsy I don't care lol).
Well I'm still looking forward to seeing this, I just don't know when it will be

giphy.gif

So, after seeing ‪Batman v Superman‬ last night, Ben Affleck is my favorite Batman to date, Gal Gadot is wonderful as Wonder Woman, Henry Cavill’s great once again as Superman, and the movie is simply AMAZING! Well done Zack Snyder!

View attachment 230155 View attachment 230156
THAT'S EPIC MAN!!! :OMG::OMG::OMG:
I sooo want that life size Superman!!! Where can I buy it from? :rofl:

And I'm glad you loved it! :thumbs: Batfleck is my favorite to date as well; he simply stole the show. I'm still #TeamSuperman though. :)

http://fortune.com/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-box-office-rules/

30% repeat viewings!!???! That is a crazy number of repeaters but really not surprising as a movie of this scale and importance in the kickoff of the DCU would draw viewers wanting more nuggets of info about that universe and it's superheroes. This is yet another feather in WB's hat for picking Zack Snyder as its director and helmsman for the DCU movies as most of us have experienced the increased richness in the story texture that comes from repeated viewings of Watchmen, Sucker Punch and MoS.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/29/batman-v-superman-box-office-rules/

30% repeat viewings!!???! That is a crazy number of repeaters but really not surprising as a movie of this scale and importance in the kickoff of the DCU would draw viewers wanting more nuggets of info about that universe and it's superheroes. This is yet another feather in WB's hat for picking Zack Snyder as its director and helmsman for the DCU movies as most of us have experienced the increased richness in the story texture that comes from repeated viewings of Watchmen, Sucker Punch and MoS.
I"m part of that 30% I guess? :rofl: Already seen it twice past weekend, and I'm pretty sure I will end up seeing it once more before it leaves theatres.
You know, to make sure it's not a "bad" movie :whistle:

That article from Forbes that you linked couple of pages back was a real good read. I can't understand why these so called professional "critics" can't see the layers (in storytelling) for this movie :confused: Just because it's not laid out in front of you, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I can understand if the tone and pacing of the movie isn't your cup of tea, but that doesn't make it a bad film.

Reactions: ash333
The layers are there and certainly the professional critics know about them. Question is do critics read other critics' reviews and choose to play safe instead of doing a little more analytical thinking and go against the flow like Mark Hughes of Forbes did?

Anyway, I hope these reviews have not deter those undecided from going to catch this on the big screen.

Reactions: AlienKing
THAT'S EPIC MAN!!! :OMG::OMG::OMG:
I sooo want that life size Superman!!! Where can I buy it from? :rofl:

And I'm glad you loved it! :thumbs: Batfleck is my favorite to date as well; he simply stole the show. I'm still #TeamSuperman though. :)

You can buy it from Dubai, I'll get you the name of the seller the next time I'm there. And yes I know you're joking about buying. :p

Reactions: AlienKing
I am not sure what the enormous criticism is about, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. There were some small issues I personally had but I loved it. I find it funny when such an epic film gets slaughtered by the critics. I do wonder, are they so jealous of its potential success they slate it in a bid to stop people from going to see the film. I am happy that by the looks of it people are not so easily swayed and are going to see the film and loving it. The characters huge fan base I think is gladly strong enough to defy the critics.

The film took me on a small ride of self-discovery, who was my hero, Batman or Superman? I have always been a huge fan of both characters but if I had been asked to choose Batman had always been my guy. However Affleck’s portrayal of Batman did make me question that. I am a fan of Affleck as an actor but I wondered if Batman was too big a role for him to take on. There have of course been many actors who have portrayed Batman over the years but having particularly been a fan of Christian Bale as Batman to then have yet another different actor I was not so sure. I don’t think there is enough of an introduction to another actor playing Batman at the beginning of the film. It’s hard to warm to this Batman at first as he seems to be pretty mean. I oddly found myself falling a bit out of love with Batman as the film played. He was too different, too angry and I questioned should I have picked Superman all along? My mind wandered back and forth between the two, why had I picked Batman when Superman was the epitome of a hero? I really like Henry’s portrayal of Superman but as the film progressed I warmed to Ben’s Batman and fell in love with Batman in preference all over again. I accepted this was a very different take on Batman and I loved the different costumes he had, the trench coat and goggles in his dream and the armoured Batman suit was incredible.

I sadly like many others didn’t realise that Jessie was not supposed to be Lex Sr and I hated him throughout the film, then later realising he was supposed to be his son only mildly reduced my dislike for his performance it was all a bit over the top, a tad unnecessary and frankly annoying. Again I am not sure there was enough emphasis on his introduction to tell you he was not in fact Lex himself. I don’t know perhaps my Batman or Superman dilemma was too in my head to hear the bit about he’s not Lex. His portrayal was the biggest issue I had with the film.

Wonder Woman on the other hand was amazing, the wee girl inside me cheered when she appeared in full gear, it was done so beautifully in a serious tone which I think is great. I noticed Chris Pine in the old photograph of her and knew this was no small chance appearance. I later found out he is to play Steve Trevor. Trevor was the main love interest of Wonder Woman in the comics and Pine will feature as Steve in the upcoming Wonder Woman film which sounds awesome.

There was very little that I didn’t like about the film. I think it has a great story/script and good acting (excluding Jessie) great fights, not too over the top CGI for me. I loved Jeremey Iron as Alfred and the film for me had real passion and ethos, I loved seeing the three of them (Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman) standing together to fight.

The only small things I was disappointed about were, firstly Aquaman’s extremely limited role in the film. He seemed to have literally a two second part which was a shame. I just personally expected a bit more considering the promo, the Aquaman merchandise, figures and huge hype surrounding the character. I guess we shall have to wait for his own film to see more of him. I am also a bit sad that Grant Gustin’s portrayal of the Flash is not being used when it is already incredibly successful and all set up. However instead someone who is described on his Wikipedia page as an actor/musician/model well I have personally never heard of him although I know he has done some stuff. I give everyone a shot and if he is good in it then fine but if I was to choose I would have kept Grant. The suit, the graphics are excellent and the fan base already exists. Zac can say what he wants about the tone but it seems pointless when everything is already set up instead of having to embrace yet another person but we shall see.

I think anyone still on the fence but truly loves these characters should go and see the film. It is a very dark take and yes there is little comedy but I think the tone was good and am slightly concerned about these reshoots on Suicide Squad supposedly to make it funnier as Batman vs Superman has been criticised for its lack of humour. I hope they don’t get the tone of that wrong, they are villains, setting it just like this would be perfect for me.

P.S. I did almost cry when Superman died :arghh:

"I do wonder, are they so jealous of its potential success they slate it in a bid to stop people from going to see the film."

really, you do really wonder that ? I mean you are fan, but really ?

let's see, why would critis then EVER praise any film, if they are jealous as*holes ?

it's ok that you love the film. but, come on. there are films that are critically claimed and have BO succes.

BTW ... HERE

@Flash

Last edited by a moderator:
"I do wonder, are they so jealous of its potential success they slate it in a bid to stop people from going to see the film."

really, you do really wonder that ? I mean you are fan, but really ?

let's see, why would critis then EVER praise any film, if they are jealous as*holes ?

it's ok that you love the film. but, come on. that is just plain stupid comment. IMO. there are films that are critically claimed and have BO succes.

BTW ... HERE

@Flash

Your opinion and I was giving mine no need to be rude. It has happened many times and I do wonder which I am allowed to do.

Last edited:
Your opinion and I was giving mine no need to be rude. It has happened many times and I do wonder which I am allowed to do.

I did not meant to be rude. truly not. but IMO thinking there is somekind of critics conspirasy against BvS is ridiculous. I mean, most of the critics here in Finland has bashed this movie, did they contact their collagues around the world to set this up. really, you think so ? really ?