Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray Wooden Collector's Set) (UHD Club Exclusive) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

38132189_2182863988451069_647298670118567936_n.jpg 38537204_10155833901338240_9058323981337100288_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received documentation that I will have reviewed. Its all in Chinese, so dont expect me answering in a day.
First rule of establishing the facts. Never ask the guy you suspect for documentary evidence they are telling the truth.

You may be right but at the same time let's face it, China has little respect for IP trademark laws that the most of the world recognizes and they bootleg everything under the sun. If they're legit that's great but people have the right to be suspicious when they have a long and storied history of making business out of it.
I really don't care anymore. I love their stuff and going to buy as long as possible

Lars, your post clearly says "trademarking" which is the same thing as "registered trademark". His question is on point.
The trademark are registered as associated trademark in cases where two marks registered under same class are identical or so nearly resemble each other as to be likely to deceive or cause confusion, if used by a person other than the proprietor in respect of the same goods or description of goods or services......

Not always @Apollon, not always...

In case you are referring to me. 1) I never said they weren't nice. 2) I own some great "unofficial" stuff.

And some people who did buy btw, got letters from customs of seizure as discussed in the hellboy thread. fyi. But that never meant that the hellboy edition wasn't awesomely made.

Remember SteelArchive? They ran off with thousands of dollars from members.
People take caution is all cause not every retailer will or can economically reimburse those whose items get caught etc. Consumers and members of the Community do not know the difference of what is 100% legit and what isnt. What has a license for x territory and not global etc. Just a matter of slowing down the process, trying to make sure people are safe. That is all.

Really ? Did not know that ... so SA is goner for good ?!

I'm already 7 hours looking and searching for the word registered in my post...... Still can not find it....

thank you for finally making a post that proves your just trying to be a pompous ass and not claim stupid like you've done in all your previous sarcastic comments towards me.

Whether its a trademark or a registered trademark the registered version takes a long time to gain as with it taking over 10 years for steelbook. You can be patent pending for a long time.

There are many packaging suppliers who offer printing on wood, hence why i asked to see some type of proof is all. I have no problem being wrong on anything as im only seeking the truth that is all. I know that upon searching the world trademark database there is nothing for uhd club. Perhaps to help further boast your claim they have a parent company to which their design is patent pending trademark.

My Chinese contacts claim they have such for the box and leather version as well. Tho anyone making anything would likely claim such as well, so just simply trying to see evidence is all. Any trademark info is ALWAYS available ONLINE ... so its not hard to link.

Anyone who has gone as far as to trademark something, would likely also be selling online via 1) their online shop or 2) selling this packaging to other Companies as there is much more money to be made B2B then to consumers if you have trademarked packaging. Selling secretly on facebook and forums is done to avoid certain things. There are other Companies that do this as we alll know .... I have no problem with them joining that bunch if that is the case ... but there is a way to go about doing that and it has always been the art chosen that raised the eyebrows.

Reactions: gigan72 and Noodles
Really ? Did not know that ... so SA is goner for good ?!

If you give any money to SA now consider it a donation. They ran off with the money on their last releases. Cant remember what title it was. But Aniv lost like thousand bucks, and I know a guy on IG who lost like $700. They contacted him via all social channels and direct emails and once everything was past the paypal limitation he stopped responding to all.

If you give any money to SA now consider it a donation. They ran off with the money on their last releases. Cant remember what title it was. But Aniv lost like thousand bucks, and I know a guy on IG who lost like $700. They contacted him via all social channels and direct emails and once everything was past the paypal limitation he stopped responding to all.

Gladly did not have money in. Got Spring, Neon Demon and couple of others. Thanks for heads up ! :thumbs:

thank you for finally making a post that proves your just trying to be a pompous ass and not claim stupid like you've done in all your previous sarcastic comments towards me.

Whether its a trademark or a registered trademark the registered version takes a long time to gain as with it taking over 10 years for steelbook. You can be patent pending for a long time.

There are many packaging suppliers who offer printing on wood, hence why i asked to see some type of proof is all. I have no problem being wrong on anything as im only seeking the truth that is all. I know that upon searching the world trademark database there is nothing for uhd club. Perhaps to help further boast your claim they have a parent company to which their design is patent pending trademark.

My Chinese contacts claim they have such for the box and leather version as well. Tho anyone making anything would likely claim such as well, so just simply trying to see evidence is all. Any trademark info is ALWAYS available ONLINE ... so its not hard to link.

Anyone who has gone as far as to trademark something, would likely also be selling online via 1) their online shop or 2) selling this packaging to other Companies as there is much more money to be made B2B then to consumers if you have trademarked packaging. Selling secretly on facebook and forums is done to avoid certain things. There are other Companies that do this as we alll know .... I have no problem with them joining that bunch if that is the case ... but there is a way to go about doing that and it has always been the art chosen that raised the eyebrows.

I was wondering that too. Why not www pages at all. Takes 5 min to set ones up.

How did it work out for Filmarena when they just stole some fan-art on the web and used it for their most wanted edition WoW? I remember it was pointed out to the ''designer'' and he contacted FA and they made a deal.... But now I'm very curious if FA got approval from Universal to release this edition with an internet-fan-art as main art

WOW! :oops: Did not know that about SA... :squint: I knew there were issues but last I saw he was selling copies of Prisoners and Turbo Kid on his eBay shop. Didn't know he actually made off with folks money beforehand! What a ¢#%@! :angry: I thought him and @Aniv were "good friends"??? :blackeye: (Can't say I'm surprised though...)

I do remember pre-ordering Prisoners when it was meant to be a WEA Steelbook and that eventually got cancelled so everyone who ordered were obviously due back refunds. Many of us here had a struggle getting our money back in a "reasonable" amount of time and had to resort to opening PayPal disputes, yet some here were still defending him! :facepalm: (wonder what they'd have to say now, still make excuses for him??!! :stop:)

Shame on @DuckDogers :punch::mooning::BS:

• Thanks
Reactions: Aniv and luke98
Upon reviewing the documents I have been shown. Its only been more odd. I have a contact who says he is in direct contact with MLIFE/WCL and they are again stating they have nothing to do with UHD. 2 diff companies. Yet the agent has told me he is actually all of them. And has had contracts for all. If you arent the same, how would you have private contracts for all? I'm lost on that one.

Never the less I have never doubted any chinese film from MLIFE/WCL ... I have never doubted any of the discs themselves even for hollywood films being bootleg. The contracts which do look official enough prove that these discs are legit as I suspected. (we've been offered such things here in USA to help me better judge etc.) My doubts for any of it the entire time was the freedom of art and the small qty helped prove that as money talks, and people in same regions spending much more money can't get that stuff approved so that was the red flag to me. So my suspicions only ever came from that part of the process. Not the discs.

There has been nothing that mirrors the approval process in which we dealt with in both USA/UK on creative assets/art etc. and its more rudimentary. One could claim well this is China, not USA/UK but some of which are same studios we dealt with. Point being from the one small snippit of info i saw in this regard it would at least cover them to then get a slap on the hand and perhaps be told to stop selling if the art has unapproved actor likenesses etc. (or a c&d if that even exists in china) However if they are using assets/art that is already approved then they should then have little to no risk as their deals are official for china. In that case it would mirror that of other Chinese labels people are familiar with. Granted I was informed of no language in the contract about the packaging itself. So not 100% sure if their would be any issue in that regard. I doubt there would be much care so long as other parts are legit and that its not USA based. The licensor is dealing in multiple film studios thus is an International Film Agent and in that regard its been lax on the art approval. In business some things are "what risk are you willing to take" and it seems that if the screen shots are legitimate then in the case of 2 titles that the risk is on the agent/distrib not the Company in question on that one.

Personally speaking, I think this is why there has been a move towards more official art being used. Just like this blade runner release.

We will allow coverage of these titles here until we are told otherwise by the powers that be if there is ever anything to worry about.

I have now seen the certificate of patent for the wooden box for uhd and it appears its for china only. Not a globally recognized patent, and if it is anyone can freely link that evidence of findings to prove otherwise.

How did it work out for Filmarena when they just stole some fan-art on the web and used it for their most wanted edition WoW? I remember it was pointed out to the ''designer'' and he contacted FA and they made a deal.... But now I'm very curious if FA got approval from Universal to release this edition with an internet-fan-art as main art

Film Arena has been guilty in such instances as well. But the difference is that they likely sent that for approval despite jocking the art from noodles whether they knew or not ... minimalist stuff gets approved by studios all the time. takes no approval process from actors and no chance for studio (whom are profiting) to get sued by such actor for using their unauthorized likeness.

I know for a fact that the art used on back of deadpool FA which was mondo was used without mondo knowing. But thing is, a lot of times when getting a license to make art you have the right to use the art for whatever your license/product is for but turn over ownership rights of the art to the studio. in fact very seldom its not. Nature of the beast of not owning the IP. So this is why it was "news" for tyler stout and mondo to see the stout star wars art yearsssssss later on puzzles and tshirts. So either studio adds the art to their creative brief/assets and FA used based on that, or took a risk and nothing others could do about it. Where as some will "try" to get studio to sign off on letting them keep ownership so they get a sub license royalty basically on all sold of another company using such product but most time studio wont mess with that crap so your SOL if u want deal to be done you just do it.

@larson1977 I posted on the previous page a clear warning to anyone that tries picking on other members for asking proof/legitimacy and you clearly ignored it and went after Damon today. Your post has been deleted and consider this your last warning. Any further action of this kind will get you booted from this thread.

This forum is for folks to have fun and discuss amicably any and all topics, personal attacks will not be tolerated.

WOW! :oops: Did not know that about SA... :squint: I knew there were issues but last I saw he was selling copies of Prisoners and Turbo Kid on his eBay shop. Didn't know he actually made off with folks money beforehand! What a ¢#%@! :angry: I thought him and @Aniv were "good friends"??? :blackeye: (Can't say I'm surprised though...)

Shame on @DuckDogers :punch::mooning::BS:

Only people I blindly trust can do anything like that. Yeah I dont know what went wrong, was a great guy. Its been so long that I am not #hurt anymore about the issue. Luckily I turned it into a profit venture and sold off all spares of his stuff @ good prices on the bay to recover my loss. lol. I know some other friends sold their copies too, I am still hanging on to one set for old times sake.

Anyhow if he decides to talk to me again someday I wont hold any hard feelings, if you know me IRL you would know its not always about money.

What I dont understand is HDzeta had the rights to release Wonder Woman. So how in hell is UHD club release of Wonder Woman legit????????

What I dont understand is HDzeta had the rights to release Wonder Woman. So how in hell is UHD club release of Wonder Woman legit????????
Thats not that uncommon tho.

Most times a studio or licensor wont give you exclusive rights to a title. Also sometimes the retailer etc. wont want exclusive to a title as they charge more. Global licenses are VERY expensive which pretty much make the deals not economical and add even more red tape.

Other times licenses are based on scale, packaging etc. I've never heard of it for blu-rays etc. but it could be happening.

I'm sure its no coincidence that blufans pretty much doesnt touch wb titles and hdzeta doesnt touch disney.

in the statue and figure world they base licenses on scale. This is why you see new Companies pop up with weird scales at times. Its not cause they think people will want that more. Sometimes funny things are done to bypass this. There are some "legit" licensed marvel statues that are basically 1/4 scale but they are marketed as "phone chargers" on the base of statue will be like removable rock or piece that has a charger port in there. It allows them to bypass that someone else has the license for that scale. Because no one has the license for statue phone chargers. ;)

Only people I blindly trust can do anything like that. Yeah I dont know what went wrong, was a great guy. Its been so long that I am not #hurt anymore about the issue. Luckily I turned it into a profit venture and sold off all spares of his stuff @ good prices on the bay to recover my loss. lol. I know some other friends sold their copies too, I am still hanging on to one set for old times sake.

Anyhow if he decides to talk to me again someday I wont hold any hard feelings, if you know me IRL you would know its not always about money.
Ok , hey let me borrow a G ... I'll pay you back ..... someday. :p