HDN Event HDN Halloween Celebration 2013 - Last flick watched [See you in 2014!]

Do you watch more Horror movies around Halloween?

• Yes I do!

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • No, I watch them all year!

Votes: 22 43.1%
  • Not a horror fan at all

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Maybe I'll consider it this year!

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hey Horror/Halloween fans!​

Some people watch one flick per day for October,to celebrate Halloween. Others start early. Feel free to chime in with favorites you've seen, those you're watching and or recommendations/reviews-feel free to include movies watched at home or the theater. Subscribe to the thread to see what everyone else is watching!

Have fun & welcome back to the horror thread for this year!

See below for threads from 2011 and 2012

HDN Halloween Horror movie chat 2013.jpg

Visit the 2011 thread here

Visit the 2012 thread here

Last edited by a moderator:
The mrs and I watched Sinister last night.

Very good film actually, didn't find it overly scary personally but a very messed up movie! I hope the sequel goes ahead

Do you guys consider Gremlins a horror movie? It does have horrorish scenes but also very dark comedy. Is it a staple to watch during Halloween or Christmas due to the setting of the movie?

Gremlins is a Xmas movie :D

Yeah, it is a horror IMO with dark comedic elements to it.

We also watched 'House at the End of the Street' the other day too. Not really a horror IMO, more of a cheap thriller and I figured out the twist pretty early on

I've watched "The Initiation of Sarah" (1978) last saturday and loved it :)

Also, I gave a try to "Case 39" and it was enjoyable...

Arrived today just in time for Halloween! :LOL:

Can't wait to sit down and watch these again :scat:

tvm8.jpg

rzpq.jpg

Nice inside art on the Amarays too...

t0by.jpg

vwqs.jpg

wk5.JPG

Reactions: cooey
I've watched "The Initiation of Sarah" (1978) last saturday and loved it :)

Also, I gave a try to "Case 39" and it was enjoyable...

Saw 'Case 39' a few years ago...definitely very creepy!

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Share your favorite horror movie villain, monster or character here

Last three in the theaters were Insidious 2, The Conjuring, and You're Next. Last three at home were Night of the Creeps, Entrance, and The House of the Devil. I LOVE horror. It's hard to find good horror, but I thought all of those were well done. I agree with digitalbabe that Insidious 2 wasn't as good as the first, but indeed it was still a decent way to spend a couple of hours. Going to see the original 1978 Halloween at the Alamo Drafthouse at an 11PM showing on Halloween night! Oooooooohhh! Spoooookyyy!!

Kensington-glad you're enjoying your horror! They are also playing Halloween near us too, very cool, imo!

Watched 'The Unnamable' today...not that great of a movie, but I love the 'creature', and some of the cliches of the general genre still make me laugh. It's a DVD set from the UK...the 2nd one was so bad (I had never seen), I took it off :hilarious:

Have you seen In Dreams? Annette Benning and Robert Downey Jr (While he was still a mess and could act) Not really a horror, but a great creepy thriller. Right up your alley DB

Hey DB love your New Avatar. Loved that movie because it took place in Maine. Favorite scene is the Feather Sleeping bag.

Just finished watching The Crazies - better than I remembered it to be, not sure why. Like someone mentioned, it's like Contagion, 30 days of night, Dawn of the Dead and Children of the Corn combined. Hmm, might like to spin up Children of the Corn again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.