In the Heart of the Sea (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #40) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: August 15, 2016
Purchase link: Film Arena
Price: 899 CZK (34,20 €)
Note: Limited to 1001 numbered copies
HDN Group Buy: hosted by carllenc

13517466_1383683431648207_2517322858155844350_o-jpg.247656

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it reminder me a lot master and commander (one of my favourite movies) during the first (and best) half, crossed with attacks of the whale (great !).
SPOLIER ALERT : Then, there is the second half, less engaging, about survival after the boat is sinked.
Still, it's a good adventure movie with great sfx and light.

Warner probably did the film a disservice by postponing the original release date - probably turned some people off. Everyone knows these kinds of delays are for a reason (script problems, strife on set, difficult actors etc). This film literally vanished after about a week. I've been skipping watching films in theaters these days so I'm not too upset it came and went so quickly. I'll more than likely pick it up on Blu since it's a Ron Howard film. He usually makes entertaining movies. Usually :)

I found it pretty underwhelming, but only because I expected a lot (probably too much) from it. It's still a decent film which I'd happily watch again. :)

• Informative
Reactions: harry
I enjoyed the TV version! The Whale (2013).

I'd planned to see this, but totally forgot about it.