Inception (FYE Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Added 12/6/2010:

In US, Ebates offers a % cash back at FYE for clicking through to their site, when placing orders.

In addition, their Backstage VIP program (yearly membership) provides extra % off on each purchase-thanks, DB.

Art now added at FYE as of 11/24:

main-150.jpg

Direct pre-order link is http://www.fye.com/Inception--f-y-e...productId121433551VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

Saw this on another forum and had to share.

At the moment guys, don't get your hopes up - I think this will be DVD sized...
but anyway...

2010-10-25171240.jpg

Thanks to RyRyMcNizzy13 for the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
update!!!

I pre-ordered this at my local FYE. They were actually pushing it too. asking everyone if they wanted to pre-order the exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook for Inception. the guy at the store said that if they do good with this that we may see more Steelbooks from FYE in the Future.

Last edited:
hell yeah! My very first exposure to steelbooks was back when "Cloverfield" came out on DVD...and I've never been the same since.
I will be going to my local FYE tomorrow and demanding this!

i got to ckeck it up! i have a 1 fye around from i work and another 1 close to my house ah?

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

i just hope it will be a different art from the one in germany because i allready pre ordered that one

i just hope it will be a different art from the one in germany because i allready pre ordered that one

my guess is that the FYE steelbook will look like the Mexico / Future Shop steelbook.

The German one is pretty unique at this point.

i know and i pre oredered it for only 21 euros awsome eh?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

it will be interesting checking out for the fye i have a membership card that allows me an extra 10% off and a friend gave me a gift card for 40 so if i decide for it, it will be free yeah! lol

right. Well for the sake of the issue at hand, i called up my local store and got a price Quote on it. Its $39.99 regular price. The FYE employee did tell me that it will be on sale for less (but she wasn't sure exactly how much less) and that there will also be a coupon that comes with it.

Does anyone know if the Best Buy Exclusive is a steelbook? It has a different cover than the others and it is $34.99 also it is a bluray.

Does anyone know if the Best Buy Exclusive is a steelbook? It has a different cover than the others and it is $34.99 also it is a bluray.

No one can say for sure at this point, but I don't think it's a steelbook as the FYE advert says "exclusive". :cool:

yeah i'm the one who posted the original pics of signage. my blu-ray buyer was actually in my store saturday and when i was asking him about this he said if it sells good then we'll be seeing more steels for our store which means for the US. i also asked him about the cover and all he said was it looked nice so i dunno what that means

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

What was the price at FYE? If it's $34 or below I'll stop by and pre-order a copy.

well the computers have it as msrp $39.99 so i bet it will be atleast 34.99 or even lower. thats how they always treat new releases.

I pre ordered a copy today for the heck of it. I'm hoping the artwork is different from the Canada and Mexico releases.