Inception (FYE Exclusive Blu-ray Steelbook) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Added 12/6/2010:

In US, Ebates offers a % cash back at FYE for clicking through to their site, when placing orders.

In addition, their Backstage VIP program (yearly membership) provides extra % off on each purchase-thanks, DB.

Art now added at FYE as of 11/24:

main-150.jpg

Direct pre-order link is http://www.fye.com/Inception--f-y-e...productId121433551VVcatId455366VVviewprod.htm

Saw this on another forum and had to share.

At the moment guys, don't get your hopes up - I think this will be DVD sized...
but anyway...

2010-10-25171240.jpg

Thanks to RyRyMcNizzy13 for the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at FYE last night as I had to pre-order a few more of these. I inquired about the art work but they have nothing to show. Nothing on thier system, nothing as far as adverts, just nothing.

I was at FYE last night as I had to pre-order a few more of these. I inquired about the art work but they have nothing to show. Nothing on thier system, nothing as far as adverts, just nothing.

we'll probably get it when we get our black friday signs. it never shows artwork on the 1st wave of signs for the holidays but then they'll show it next time around. once i see it i'll post it

I wish it was certain f.y.e. would start carrying more steelbooks it might make the Backstage Pass worth it. I'm definitely getting this one though just wish we had some sort of art to go off of by now.

I Agree, FYE is too expensive even with the backstage pass. More Steelbooks would def give them some more appeal.

and WTF is up with the no artwork yet? Movie is out in 2 weeks!!

I don't know...:) The average Futureshop Steelbook,or any Steelbook (not on sale) is as much as the FYE one. And if you factor in Ebay prices on some, I'd say we (USA price) are in sync with "standard" retailer pricing from import Steelbooks listed at retailers around the world (especially after taxes and shipping):)

No idea why there is no art-a bit strange...

DB

DB, steelbook prices are Kosher, i meant thier prices for everyday BD titles. They just charge an average of 5 bucks more than other retailers for most titles, FYE's biggest saving grace in my eyes is their "used bin".

Hey Black Sunshine-gotcha-yes, you are correct, their regular prices are way too high, to compete effectively. FYE's niche is definitely a "convenience" type set up, when no significant competition is present (malls, etc). Usually I've only seen those shopping there, that are picking up gifts (don't necessarily care about price), digging in the bargain bins they sometimes have, or when the store is going out of business.

Hey Black-it's the art they uploaded at the order link, on their website. I have no idea if it will change again, but it was speculated that the art would be the same as the Mexico and FS ed. There are no guarantees until someone posts an actual pic:)