Inglourious Basterds (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: October 18, 2021 (Edition 1) - November 15, 2021 (Edition 2 - Complete Edition)
Purchase links: Collectors Edition #1 - Collectors Edition #2 - Complete Basterds Edition
Price: £39.99 (Edition 1 - Edition 2) - £89.99 (Complete Edition)
Notes: Each edition is individually numbered & limited to only 1000

ib_1.jpg
ib_2.jpg
ib_3.jpg

Collectors Edition #1
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Steelbook
  • 36-Page Photo booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Character Cards

Collectors Edition #2
  • Metallic finish Rigid Slipcase
  • Engraved Rifle (deboss) Steelbook
  • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
  • 4 x Art Cards housed in Envelope
  • 8 x Playing Cards

Complete Basterds Edition
  • Rigid Jacket Slipcase with Foil Stamped Title & Magnet Close
  • Full-Colour Inner Jacket Wrap & Hidden Drawer to house elements exclusive to Complete Basterds Edition:
    • Individually Numbered (embossed) Card XXXX / 1000
    • Acetate Collector’s Card
    • Cast Poster
  • Collector’s Edition #1 & #2, as above, including
    • 36-Page Photo booklet
    • 36-Page Behind-the-scenes booklet
    • 8 x Art Cards housed in x2 Envelope
    • 8 x Character Cards
    • 8 x Playing Cards

Last edited by a moderator:
No
Arrow designed releases would be under Arrow Video Label

Reminder Zavvi do not own Arrow Films
Zavvi are not involved in the running of arrow films
Zavvi are only a on-line retailer that sells products offered to them to sell from distributors

THG yes purchased majority shares in Arrow Films but all the THG companies are separate from each other and run seperately

THG is is group of lots of different business a lot you likely not even aware about if you not followed the company
There is lot's of companies registered at THG head offfice but the actual business are located at different addresss

THG don't own Arrow Films they only have majority shares in Arrow
This gives them voting rights who can be a director of arrow films and as they have majority shares is registeried as a company at THG head office
Arrow Films are still based at the previous location and is run as a separate business

Zavvi can gain from THG having shares in Arrow but are not involved in design or production of releases
Please tell me when I said Zavvi own Arrow. Also, EXTREMELY naive to think that when a big company buys out (outright or as a majority shareholder) a smaller one, they won't exert some kind of immediate influence over its operation and generate a level of brand synergy and co-operation. Since THG acquired 75% of Arrow, there's been a noticeable increase in Zavvi exclusives as well as repackage/compilation box sets, something they didn't do previously.

Last edited:
Please tell me when I said Zavvi own Arrow. Also, EXTREMELY naive to think that when a big company buys out (outright or as a majority shareholder) a smaller one, they won't exert some kind of immediate influence over its operation and generate a level of brand synergy and co-operation. Since acquiring 75% of Arrow, there's been a noticeable increase in Zavvi exclusives as well as repackage/compilation box sets, something they didn't do previously.
It's THG that purchased shares in Arrow not Zavvi
THG is lot's of different companies each are run as separate business

The youtube videos Zavvi bought Arrow is incorrect and hilarious
Zavvi is a separate business from Arrow Films
Zavvi is only a on-line retailer
THG purchased the Zavvi website after Zavvi closed down in 2009 to operate as a on-line retailer only
Zavvi get offered exclusives from lots of distributors

Zavvi was getting Arrow VIdeo Steelbook exclusives for years long before even THG purchased any shares in Arrow
THG purchase of shares all that means is Zavvi gain from getting more exclusives and at a cheaper dealer price and bigger file discount than other retailers will get

Arrow Films is run as a separate business to Zavvi and also are all the other companies THG own
THG change some directors on the arrow board due to having majority shares which gives them voting rights

Zavvi are not involved in arwtork design that is done by the distributors and film studios

When arrow design or work on a release it will be released under their label arrow video
Zavvi some will get as a exclusive and other will be trade wide

Do you even know how many companies that are part of THG
It's a lot of companies

Shanghai Pudong Development Bank invested 1 billion into TGH with option for shares in THG
Most of THG business is beauty products sector and (a new technology venture this will be run as a sepearate business from THG)

IF you was to say to Cult Beauty a recent purchase by THG
I see Zavvi bought your company employess at cult beauty they would be what you on about

Reactions: Stygian
It's THG that purchased shares in Arrow not Zavvi
THG is lot's of different companies each are run as separate business

The youtube videos Zavvi bought Arrow is incorrect and hilarious
Zavvi is a separate business from Arrow Films
Zavvi is only a on-line retailer
THG purchased the Zavvi website after Zavvi closed down in 2009 to operate as a on-line retailer only
Zavvi get offered exclusives from lots of distributors

Zavvi was getting Arrow VIdeo Steelbook exclusives for years long before even THG purchased any shares in Arrow
THG purchase of shares all that means is Zavvi gain from getting more exclusives and at a cheaper dealer price and bigger file discount than other retailers will get

Arrow Films is run as a separate business to Zavvi and also are all the other companies THG own
THG change some directors on the arrow board due to having majority shares which gives them voting rights

Zavvi are not involved in arwtork design that is done by the distributors and film studios

When arrow design or work on a release it will be released under their label arrow video
Zavvi some will get as a exclusive and other will be trade wide

Do you even know how many companies that are part of THG
It's a lot of companies

Shanghai Pudong Development Bank invested 1 billion into TGH with option for shares in THG
Most of THG business is beauty products and a new technology venture that will be run as a sepearate business from THG
Please calm down.

Also, and I re-iterate, please show me when I said Zavvi own Arrow. Your reading comprehension needs a bit of work, mate.

Please calm down.

Also, and I re-iterate, please show me when I said Zavvi own Arrow. Your reading comprehension needs a bit of work, mate.
All what happens in regards to THG involvemet in Arrow Films is Zavvi gain from getting more exclusives and at a cheaper dealer price and bigger file discount than other retailers will get

All what happens in regards to THG involvemet in Arrow Films is Zavvi gain from getting more exclusives and at a cheaper dealer price and bigger file discount than other retailers will get
Well, we poor consumers aren't seeing any of that cheaper dealer benefit are we....arrows 4K prices are obscene.

Anyway, what's this pedantic nonsense got to do with this release ?. I certainly are not buying it, simply have no trust in Zavvi anymore, and you can expect some disaster with this anyway, it's usually the case something goes wrong with a big release.

Good luck to all those red-carpeteers who get these, on the surface they are nice looking sets, but ultimately pointless sets, I just want the steelbooks on their own, none of the useless tat.....

So for both this and "Carlito's Way" it's mentioned rigid slipcase. I wonder how they will turn out compared to the previous ones like "Animal House" or "The Sting".

Well, we poor consumers aren't seeing any of that cheaper dealer benefit are we....arrows 4K prices are obscene.

Anyway, what's this pedantic nonsense got to do with this release ?. I certainly are not buying it, simply have no trust in Zavvi anymore, and you can expect some disaster with this anyway, it's usually the case something goes wrong with a big release.

Good luck to all those red-carpeteers who get these, on the surface they are nice looking sets, but ultimately pointless sets, I just want the steelbooks on their own, none of the useless tat.....
You don't need to be a red carpert subscriber to purchase this release
It can be purchased since midnight on the other Zavvi websites
It's only Zavvi UK website that was red carpert exclusive till 6 PM

You do know you can use the other Zavvi websites to place an order you not limited to Zavvi UK

Zavvi USA also has USA only releases you won't find on Zavvi UK

Zavvi also been using better packaging than previously for box sets
Most are now shipped in cardboard mailers like what HMV use or a box depending on the size of the item ordered

I not had an order shipped in a jiffy bag from Zavvi since early last year as in nearly 12 months ago
The box sets have been shipped in a box with padding inside or cardboard wrapround mailer

• Informative
Reactions: Masta Norris
Looks like box set #2 is sold out
I ordered it via the US site this morning but wish I had checked the Irish site as I would have been able to pay in GBP and avoid a transaction fee
Not a big deal overall though

Apparently 2 out of the three versions are out of stock now. But it seems I may not need one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210827-223537~2.png
    Screenshot_20210827-223537~2.png
    742.8 KB · Views: 83
I'm glad it's sold out because it means we hopefully got more exclusive films like this instead of relying on film arena and other site. If it hadn't sold out what would be the incentive on doing more?