Purchase link: Maleficent (sold-out)
Price: £24.99
Notes: 4,000 copies, Full gloss finish

01.jpg

02.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg
Maleficent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Recieved mine and I hadn't seen this thread. Absolutely pissed off, they are lying b*rstards! I can't stand the terrible boring back on this and was looking forward to a white design. They will be getting an earful from me. How they can confirm on Twitter it's white is shocking!!

I hope people don't back down and all email and complain about this. I'm sure two people at Zavvi confirmed that it was in fact the white version when people emailed here… They're just getting worse.

slightly annoyed as i to was hoping for white artwork as advertised but i also love the black steelbook from the great pics in the Spanish thread. Mine hasn't arrived yet but cant wait to see this in hand.

Reply from Zavvi states 'incorrect information from supplier' which I've called them on as an unacceptable answer.
They must of known what they were ordering, if not then there just muppets, but we all know that anyway. They must have had them a week or two before release and yet they were still saying its white. Plus its even still white on their website and in their ebay store.

• Informative
Reactions: MK50 and levi
I'm very surprised with the lack of communication between Zavvi & HDN on this release normally you get the updates " guys just FYI X amount left of X title" or "X title going live at X time"

Most likely no communication as Zavvi KNEW cancellations whould come by the dozen. Think Zavvi will need to think about what information thay display on a relise.

I like the look even MORE excited about this dropping on the mat now.

Not surprised at the final artwork, but quite disappointed. It would've been great to receive the Maleficent SteelBook that Zavvi are advertising and selling... :grumpy:

Reactions: MK50
The general impression I get from the comments here is a mix if naivety and opportunism. It is a little naive to trust customer service employees (we often know more than they do about Steelbooks), especially those who work for a company that is generally distrusted on this forum. On the other hand, I think some are going to use this as a chance to claw a few pounds back. If it's such a big deal no less than a refund is acceptable but I don't think many will be returning their copies.

Zavvi always cover their backsides by adding a disclaimer about artwork to their listings anyway, so I don't think there is any obligation from a legal view.