Official Alcohol Discussion Thread!

Jan 28, 2009
Manteca, CA
Can we get a sticky for this? :D

What do ya'll prefer to drink? Beer, Wine, Hard Liquor, Wine Coolers? All of them?

I only drink Beer and Hard Liquor. Mint Mojito is about the only thing close to a wine cooler I'll drink though LOL

Hey fellas I am still at work!! lol I'd like to take on this hobby one day, I don't have the time or space to do something like this now. That peach wheat ale sounds good...you are lucky some of us aren't your neighbors lol :D

Hey fellas I am still at work!! lol I'd like to take on this hobby one day, I don't have the time or space to do something like this now. That peach wheat ale sounds good...you are lucky some of us aren't your neighbors lol :D

I'd say unlucky! haha, I always split a glass or 3 with my neighbors... they get curious when they hear the roaring propane burner in the garage with copper coils and garden hoses sticking out and I'm campin in my chair with brew in hand. Besides, the guy right next to me is nice enough to shovel our driveway when it snows so I see no harm in splittin a few... hard to drink 5 gallons all to your self! But it does go quick

Went to a Scotch Ale tasting last night. My favorites were definitely Founder's Dirty Bastard and Traquair Jacobite.

Also bought a bottle of Rochefort 10 and Dogfish Head Burton Baton. Probably try them this weekend.

Went to a Scotch Ale tasting last night. My favorites were definitely Founder's Dirty Bastard and Traquair Jacobite.

Also bought a bottle of Rochefort 10 and Dogfish Head Burton Baton. Probably try them this weekend.

Never tried Traquair Jacobite... and Founder's is local is it not? Haven't seen it around here anyways...

Yeah Founder's is based over here in Michigan. On Beeradvocate.com some of their beers are ranked as the top beers on the Planet.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout is ranked #6, and is amazing! I was lucky enough to find three 4 packs of them which i have aging right now.

Breakfast Stout is #16 and also amazing.

Canadian Breakfast Stout is #44 and I have yet to try it.

If you ever see any thing from them try it out.

LOL. Same here :D At least I get some variety at bevmo. Haven't tried any of the "craft brew" beers though.

Yeah Founder's is based over here in Michigan. On Beeradvocate.com some of their beers are ranked as the top beers on the Planet.

Kentucky Breakfast Stout is ranked #6, and is amazing! I was lucky enough to find three 4 packs of them which i have aging right now.

Breakfast Stout is #16 and also amazing.

Canadian Breakfast Stout is #44 and I have yet to try it.

If you ever see any thing from them try it out.

I'll bug the crap out of my local store and get them to order some in for me - I had to do that to get them to order in the Eku 28, they thanked me for it later but they were sure no one would buy 6 beers for 18 bucks - just goes to show you the budmillercoors mentality in the midwest...

I'd be curious to try your barleywine, that type of brew holds a special place in my heart - I love the hell out of Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot... Perhaps we could swap sixers and do some critiquing/info sharing some day

I saw some EKU 28 at the beer store I go to, 18.99 a 6er. My beer guy said he would hook me up though when I wanted to buy some.

I dunno where you live and I dont know how i would do it but I do know a place that has some Kentucky Breakfast Stout available but I could send you some if you wanted. or whatever else you want. Bell's Brewery also has some awesome beers. If you have never tried hopslam I suggest you try it once.

And as for the Barleywine that wont be ready until probably February. It has lots of aging to do. Bigfoot is what got me into the Barleywines. we should def trade some time im looking for someone to critique my beers cause they are def not perfect.

oh yeah, guess I haven't gotten to that part on my profile yet.. I live in Kansas

From what I've gathered ... the best way to ship the brew (because it's illegal by USPS) is to use someone like UPS and pack the bottles good so they don't break/clink around.. I guess the trick is if they ask you just tell them you're shipping bottles. That's what the brewclub I'm in advised since they ship bottles for competitions.

I'm a pretty good critique - I'm still learning though.. I'm studying for the BJCP and should be certified by summer.. I can't remember what month the test is but I only have 2 more classes to go to before the exam. Beer school is pretty fun :smashed:

yeah i would like to take that class as well. maybe after I learn a little more. but yeah if you want me to try and ship you some stuff let me know. I dunno if it would be cheap tho.

I don't think it would be cheap... That's my hold up.. I haven't shipped any before and it wouldn't seem too feasible to ship 6ers if it's going to cost an arm and a leg... We have a club meeting this weekend I'll ask what they generally pay