Official MMA Thread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Yes, I think it's about time I start this! :scat: Place all info relating to MMA in this thread!

UFCLogo.jpg

wec_logo_3.jpg

strikeforce_logo15.gif

Last edited:
I'm not sure how I feel about the main card. Cain destroyed JDS like before, but times two. JDS's boxing even seemed inferior to Cain's. The same scenario happened to Roy Nelson. Heck both JDS and Nelson gassed out in the first round. JDS got stronger, but his speed and cardio wasn't even close to Cain's. At this point who can take on Cain? Other fighters can't even take on JDS?

The best fight of the night (the year actually) was Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Cain strategy worked again, and JDS let him do his game again.

I was expecting an epic clash, but it was a let down for me.
Probably b/c I'm a JDS fan. The fight seemed reminiscent of their second match.

I'm not sure how I feel about the main card. Cain destroyed JDS like before, but times two. JDS's boxing even seemed inferior to Cain's. The same scenario happened to Roy Nelson. Heck both JDS and Nelson gassed out in the first round. JDS got stronger, but his speed and cardio wasn't even close to Cain's. At this point who can take on Cain? Other fighters can't even take on JDS?

The best fight of the night (the year actually) was Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez.

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Yeah, Melendez vs. Sanchez was freking awesome, espcially by the end of the rounds when they tried to strike each fiercely with punches! Crazy stuff.

JDS did manage to hit Cain and manage stand up for long time even after being beat up, no doubt about it. But he couldn't escape from Cain's fence game, and that's something he should've learned by now.

fight should of been stopped in the 3rd or in the corner after the rnd, Cain is a beast but respect to JDS that guy is too tough for his own good and I fear for his health if he faces Cain again,

Cain ate some big bombs early on and has a very under rated Chin and I see nobody giving him a challenge at HW,

Werdum will get tko/ko'd by the 3rd rnd

will be fun watching Travis Browne get destroyed though

Jones is the only fight I could get excited about but I don't think he would cope any better than JDS and gets his face bashed in pretty bad and finished

Sanchez fight was nuts:hilarious:

Like I said before the card, if JDS got tired by 3rd it would be over. Said and done, JDS got gassed by the 3rd and it was over. Had a few moments, but far too few and it just simply wasn't enough.

BULLSH1T! Johny Hendricks clearly won. These f^%king judges are incompetent as always. JH is the uncrowned champ.
This is Jones vs. Gustafsson all over again. :angry:

Also Sergio Pettis needs to work on his knockout power, he let his opponent stand there and catch his breath. His opponents are only going to get tougher.

I didn't see the fight, but a talking head on the radio said that if you were judging by GSP's face alone, clearly Hendricks won, but he also said GSP won 2 rounds, Hendricks won 1, and there were 2 that could've gone either way. He surmised that Hendricks thought he had it in the bag going into the 5th and losing that round cost him the belt.

I didn't see the fight, but a talking head on the radio said that if you were judging by GSP's face alone, clearly Hendricks won, but he also said GSP won 2 rounds, Hendricks won 1, and there were 2 that could've gone either way. He surmised that Hendricks thought he had it in the bag going into the 5th and losing that round cost him the belt.

Dana White himself is pissed off because of the result. Even he doesn't believe GSP won, but it was still an electric fight.

R I P Shane del Rosario

he seemed a very nice guy and my sympathies go out to his family and friends

UFC heavyweight Shane del Rosario, 30, dies two weeks after cardiac arrest

Last edited:
I can't believe what I just witnessed. I don't think Anderson Silva will ever be the same again.
When Chris Weidman checked Silva's leg kick, Silva's leg snapped in half. :(
Silva was in so much pain. I think it's safe to assume that Silva's reign is over. Although he still has (I believe) 8 fights left in his contract, but he'll never be the same again. This reminds me of Frank Mir's bike accident.

UFC fans are the ABSOLUTE WORST fans of mma. I think I'm going to stop watching this promotion. I can't believe the horrible comments I've been reading about Anderson Silva. UFC fans simply have no loyalty, and somehow it (inevitably) ends up about race. Seriously? This is a combat sport, it's about skills not race. To put it simply, UFC fans are bandwagon fans.

This guy completely read my mind. F*%K UFC FANS & THE UFC. The fighters have no real/loyal fans.
I think I'll see how Bellator is, lately their fights have been quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bluprint
Sad to see Anderson go out like that, he was flash ko'd in the first rnd by the shot that dropped him he should just retire IMO nothing else to prove and his chin isn't anywhere near as durable as it once was, if he's back at 40 he will get mauled by Weidman

Completely sad for what happened to Anderson, was cheering for him. I guess he won't be able to fight like he once did, too. Frank Mir took ages to recover and never fought like before. I'm not sure if Anderson was going to fight the remaining fights, there were talks of his retirement after the second Belfort fight, if he won Weidman.

Sad, really sad.

Wow, just got off work and just finished watching 168... EEK!

I remember watching UFC: Fight for the Troops 2008, when Corey Hill got checked by Dale Hart, and thinking man that was the most gruesome EVER... Until last night! Thoughts and prayers. Fight of the Night was Rousy vs. Tate, man that was intense! Great card, top-to-bottom, some top shelf Ju-Jitsu, and class striking but DEFENSE WAS THE STORY OF THE NIGHT! Wow! :eek: