Official MMA Thread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Yes, I think it's about time I start this! :scat: Place all info relating to MMA in this thread!

UFCLogo.jpg

wec_logo_3.jpg

strikeforce_logo15.gif

Last edited:
I agree with this article. I'm not the biggest fan of Mayhem Miller but I've listened to him on satelite radio and he is a huge jokester who likes the stage. It doesn't suprise me he invaded Jake's spotlight, but it would be nice to see who really started this. Also, WTF for saying this kind of stuff happens sometimes.

I agree with this article. I'm not the biggest fan of Mayhem Miller but I've listened to him on satelite radio and he is a huge jokester who likes the stage. It doesn't suprise me he invaded Jake's spotlight, but it would be nice to see who really started this. Also, WTF for saying this kind of stuff happens sometimes.

I am right there with you, I can't stand him. Apparently, during that blackout with the camera Jake shoved him and his team jumped on Miller since he was going to retaliate. Regardless of that this whole brawl just gave MMA a bad spin

MiddleEasy has reported that the winner of the fight between Fighters.com seventh-ranked welterweight Josh Koscheck (14-4) and “SemTex” Paul Daley (20-9-2) will be the coach opposite Fighters.com and UFC welterweight champion “Rush” Georges St. Pierre (20-2) on “The Ultimate Fighter 12″ television series on Spike TV.

The following is from the report: “Today, I received an email from someone who trains in Team Roughhouse. Apparently over the weekend, Joe Silva called Paul Daley to let him know that the winner of his upcoming UFC 113 bout with Josh Koscheck will be the new coach on The Ultimate Fighter Season 12 with Georges St. Pierre coaching the opposite team. You’re probably already putting the pieces together. Whoever is Georges St. Pierre’s rival coach on TUF 12 will eventually face GSP at the end of the show and it will be for the UFC Welterweight title.”

This would seem to go hand in hand with Dana White’s statement he made after UFC 111. “I’m working on something right now that I can’t talk to you guys about because I don’t have it done yet,” White said of the Koscheck-Daley fight, which takes place May 8 at UFC 113 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. “But it has to do with that fight, so we’ll see what happens.”

While I disagree with Daley having done enough right now to deserve a title shot, a win over Koscheck would put him up there in contention. The argument could be made that both men are ready for a shot at the champion.

Sadly, this news means that Dana is sticking to his guns and will not put on the super-fight between St. Pierre and UFC middleweight champion “The Spider” Anderson Silva (26-4). Following Silva’s performance and showboating at UFC 112, Dana said he did not want to put Silva in against GSP. Fans are clamoring for this fight to happen but Dana is not going to back down.

I really have no desire to see GSP fight anyone else other than Silva at this time but regardless, it will be a while until we see him back inside the Octagon.

The taping of the show needs to take place, then it has to air before the coaches can fight. I have been pretty vocal about the use of champions on TUF. It ties up a title for far to long and fans generally dislike seeing a champion out for long periods of time.

Should Daley beat Koscheck, I wonder what he will do for ratings on the reality show given he is well known to the hardcore fan but not to the casual viewer. Granted, the show will be able to showcase him and his trash talking to help build a fight against GSP but I am curious to see what the ratings will be like when you have a well known and much loved fighter coaching against a relatively unknown to most of the TUF audience.

Obviously having Koscheck on the TUF would be the better choice as he is the more established fighter here in the states. Also, with him already having fought St. Pierre before it brings in an added bonus to the promotion. They can use his first loss to the champion as a marketing tool. We would be blasted with clips from the first fight over and over again all the while the UFC will tell us that after stringing together three wins, Koscheck is now ready for his second shot.

I want Daley to win.

im not on twitter, but i might join after reading some the stuff that Rampage and Rashad are saying to each other!

Example: Rampage to Rashad - mama so fat he bought her a UFC shirt & even danawhite thought it stood for ugly fat chick!!

:hilarious:

i hope Rampage knocks his ass out! ;)

me too, I cant stand Rashad.... I'm not a gigantic Rampage fan but I definitely want him to win here.

Whether or not he will is a different story.... they are both pretty good fighters. I think Rampage is nearing the end of his career while Evans has just had a couple slips recently. It's a tough call for the winner though...... Evans?

im not on twitter, but i might join after reading some the stuff that Rampage and Rashad are saying to each other!

Example: Rampage to Rashad - mama so fat he bought her a UFC shirt & even danawhite thought it stood for ugly fat chick!!

:hilarious:

i hope Rampage knocks his ass out! ;)

I'll have to start following them just to see the verbal beatings.

@sugarashadevans A man with a glass jaw shouldn't talk so much crap. Get the bottom of your feet sponsored son.. cause you getting laid out!

I'm following both of them on Twitter and they've got some funny stuff on there.

That was one sick knockout!! :scat:

Damn kimbo done blew his shot he should just try out boxing it fits him more anyway.

Kimbo looked so bad once the leg kicks began! towards the end of the first round I thought he was done.

After the show DW said Kimbo is out of the UFC. Paul Daley has also been let go due to the cheap shot he threw at Josh Koshcheck after the fight.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Jason McDonald broke his leg during his un-aired match on Saturday night.

Mcdonald.gif

The UFC will be counter-programming the Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery event with "UFC's Ultimate Fights" and it will feature:
Shane Carwin vs. Frank Mir, UFC 111: "The Engineer of Suffering" smashes Mir in round one, earning the Interim Heavyweight Championship and a Knockout of the Night bonus.

Leonard Garcia vs. “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung, Aldo vs. Faber: Greatest slugfest since Frye/Takayama. Inspired a best-selling t-shirt.

Mark Munoz vs. Kendall Grove, UFC 112: Munoz survives multiple attempts on his life in round one and scores a TKO over Da Spyda in the second; earned Fight of the Night awards for both men.

Terry Etim vs. Rafael Dos Anjos, UFC 112: Another action-packed two-rounder that ended with Dos Anjos picking up a Submission of the Night bonus for his armbar of Etim.

Matt Serra vs Frank Trigg, UFC 109: Serra snaps a two-fight losing streak, picks up the event's KO of the Night award, and bounces Trigg out of the UFC. It doesn't get much sweeter than that.

Nate Diaz vs Rory Markham, UFC 111: Diaz tests the waters at 170 and scores a flawless victory over the outmatched Markham

Paulo Thiago vs Mike Swick, UFC 109: Thiago makes it 2-1 against the AKA camp by putting Quick Swick to sleep with an arm-triangle, earning a Submission of the Night bonus in the process.

Jon Jones has turned down Lil Nog fight on UFC 114

Kevin Iole reveals in latest Yahoo!Sports mailbag that up-and-coming UFC light heavyweight star John Jones declined a slot on the upcoming UFC 114 card as a fill-in for Forrest Griffin against Antônio Rogério Nogueira because he didn't feel that one month was enough time to prepare for the fight. Jones explained that he hadn't been in the gym since his win over Brandon Vera a month and a half ago at UFC LIVE: Vera vs. Jones in Broomfield, CO.

Now I'm not saying his excuses aren't legitimate, but I don't see a training camp being two weeks shorter than usual for a guy who walked away from his last fight still in shape and unscathed being to the detriment of a fighter of Jones' caliber. Jason Brilz seemed pretty eager to step up to the challenge in spite of the short notice. Just sayin'.

Maybe hearing that Shogun fought and won the UFC light heavyweight title seven weeks after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix has jaded me a bit.

Weird, keeping in mind that Jon Jones always said he was hungry for more.

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Junior Dos Santos vs. Roy Nelson Likely for UFC 117

According to a report published this morning on MMA Junkie, a heavyweight tilt between Junior Dos Santos and Roy Nelson is being targeted for UFC 117 (August 7th, Oakland). Nelson was previously slated to fight Cheick Kongo at UFC 116 in July, but Kongo won't be able to make that date because of a back injury, and since Dos Santos had been stuck in a holding pattern without an opponent, it seems that the UFC will have Cigano and Big Country square off against each other. Dos Santos has already stated that he'd be down to fight the TUF 10 winner, and Nelson would also welcome the matchup:

"That might be a fight that might happen. I'm hoping, all you can do is hope...If you think about who's out there fighting for the belt, or getting ready to fight for the belt it would be Brock (Lesnar) of course and Shane (Carwin), and then right underneath them it's Dos Santos and Velasquez. So those are the four guys I'm looking for that can kind of catapult me right into belt contention."

Dos Santos has rolled over all five of his UFC opponents with his savage boxing skills, picking up four first-round KO/TKOs in the process (Fabricio Werdum, Stefan Struve, Gilbert Yvel, Gabriel Gonzaga). But Nelson brings a level of experience, grappling prowess, and unconventional body type that might throw the streaking Brazilian off his game. UFC 117 will be headlined by the middleweight title bout between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen. Also reported for the card are...

Thiago Alves vs. Jon Fitch
Ricardo Almeida vs. Matt Hughes
Clay Guida vs. Rafael dos Anjos
Tim Boetsch vs. Thiago Silva
Dennis Hallman vs. Ben Saunders

I don't like Big Country so I hope JDS takes the win.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a brighter note, next issue of Maxim will feature the lovely Arianny Celeste in the front cover. Here's a peak for you MMA fans ;)

Arianny-Celeste-Maxim-2.jpg

*All this comes from Cagepotato.com!

Paul Daley has been officially let go from his UFC contract for his sucker punch of Josh Koscheck following their UFC 113 clash Saturday night in Montreal, but the British fighter won't be unemployed long. CagePotato.com has learned that he will be fighting on the July 3 Impact Fighting Championships show at Trusts Stadium in Auckland, New Zealand.

Daley's management confirmed the news originally reported today by MMA Weekly that "Semtex" received his pink slip this morning and clarified that he will be fighting for the IFC at the upstart promotion's July 3 event.

In signing with the promotion, Daley will join fellow disgraced UFC castaways Josh Barnett (who will face Geronimo "Mondragon" Dos Santos) and Ken Shamrock (who will lock horns with Mark Coleman) on the IFC roster. Both Barnett and Shamrock will compete on the promotion's scheduled July 10 show in Brisbane, Australia.

Besides the July 3 and 10 shows, the IFC is also planning a third event that month on July 18 in Sydney. No participants have been announced for the card as of yet.

An opponent for Daley has yet-to-be decided, and it is unknown if the Auckland commission will observe any possible sanctions handed down to Daley by the Régie des Alcools des Courses et des Jeux (RACJ) in the wake of the incident at UFC 113.

He should of gotten a second chance. I think DW is just trying to make an example out of someone after the whole Strikeforce fiasco which Nate Diaz was part of. Nate is still contracted with the UFC and no punishment was served.

Pick your winners!!

Rashad Evans v Quinton Jackson
Michael Bisping v Dan Miller
Todd Duffee v Mike Russow
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira v Jason Brilz
Diego Sanchez v John Hathaway
Amir Sadollah v Dong Hyun Kim
Efrain Escudero v Dan Lauzon
Melvin Guillard v Waylon Lowe
Luiz Cane v Cyrille Diabate

Main fight is going to have fireworks! lol :scat:

Rashad Evans v Quinton Jackson
Michael Bisping v Dan Miller
Todd Duffee v Mike Russow
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira v Jason Brilz
Diego Sanchez v John Hathaway
Amir Sadollah v Dong Hyun Kim
Efrain Escudero v Dan Lauzon
Melvin Guillard v Waylon Lowe
Luiz Cane v Cyrille Diabate

I agree with you on all but one. I think the main fight will be nasty! Can't wait! :oohyeah: