Snow White and the Huntsman (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Swarovski Crystallized-6 qty [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Available via a contest-6 in existence. Per website, contest ended 3/10/2012.

Thanks hubmuswell and others for posting.

Per Wreck, this is also confirmed to be legitimate.

From Graziadaily contest:

"So here's where you come in. To celebrate the release of Snow White & The Huntsman on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Download on 1st October 2012, we're giving our dear readers the chance to win a one of a kind, custom made Swarovski crystallized Blu-ray Steelbook. Oh yes! The case was specially made for the film and only SIX exist in the entire world so it really is a gem. All you need do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the question below. And if you can't possibly wait, pre-order your copy now by clicking here."

snowwhite crystal.jpg

If anyone has won one, feel free to post pics:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning,
It just caught my eye one day and I thought I'd have a try at buying it. As previously mentioned this isn't normally my bag. I normally prefer models/art as I had reservations about the quality. But now its in hand all i can say is I'm more than happy. It feels like a production piece, the way it's done doesn't feel or look like a handmade item that could be reproduced easily. I'll post up some closè ups to try and show the finish better.

Thanks for your replies

Hi,

Sorry to drag this thread up! I've only recently found this forum.. I just thought I'd share an impulse buy of mine recently. I have what I consider to be a small collection of various film items although this particular item isn't my usual cup of tea I went ahead on a whim! Happy viewing. SimonView attachment 209025View attachment 209026View attachment 209027View attachment 209029

Doesn't seem to have worked, I'm not so great at forums!

Can people see the images? Or is it because I'm new i don't have the correct permissions?

View attachment 209030 View attachment 209031 View attachment 209032 View attachment 209043

Thanks for sharing these awesome pics :thumbs: and welcome to the Nut House :LOL::rofl:

Morning,
It just caught my eye one day and I thought I'd have a try at buying it. As previously mentioned this isn't normally my bag. I normally prefer models/art as I had reservations about the quality. But now its in hand all i can say is I'm more than happy. It feels like a production piece, the way it's done doesn't feel or look like a handmade item that could be reproduced easily. I'll post up some closè ups to try and show the finish better.

Thanks for your replies

There's loads more detail on this one than I expected.

Nice work obtaining it and thanks for sharing the pics.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

I just thought id add some close ups of the edges and details for those interested. It appears to have been CNC machined around the edges to get the sharp finish. Also the detailing on the front around the apple has been etched possibly by laser. I have the paperwork of the competition entry, it details this was in conjunction with Universal pictures as what seems a promotional item. After the roasting i got from my other half on this this one it`ll probably be departing very shortly! I collect... but also have a terrible habit of buying things without thinkng and this one has landed me in the dog house!
image[1].jpeg image.jpeg image[2].jpeg image[3].jpeg photo.JPG

Just to open a friendly discussion. Am i missing something, these prizes were commissioned by universal pictures in conjunction with The Mirror. Much the same as every endorsed item you buy off the shelf, people sit down discuss and design covers/films/merchandise. As this must have done by the promo team within universal. This item wasnt made by someone that thought they`d just sit down and make a few then set up a competition to give them away. So to suggest if you want one just sit down and make one is a little unjust. There is supporting articles and paperwork with this item that it was a limited number made to promote the film. All be it with strong opinion that they could of made the effort with a different title would have been better. But none the less... if this had been done with better title would there be the same response of make your own or would there be overwhelming praise for such a nicely crafted item that people would love to own with all the supporting docs. As in all honesty i`d like to see someone make this to the same standard with the machining and laser etching. Rather than dismissing it as rubbish.

Agreed its not the best title by far... But it still shouldnt take away the fact its a genuine item that has had thought put in to it by Universal to be produced and to a good standard. That by certain people, me included.. Would be happy to own.