Snow White and the Huntsman (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Swarovski Crystallized-6 qty [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Available via a contest-6 in existence. Per website, contest ended 3/10/2012.

Thanks hubmuswell and others for posting.

Per Wreck, this is also confirmed to be legitimate.

From Graziadaily contest:

"So here's where you come in. To celebrate the release of Snow White & The Huntsman on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Download on 1st October 2012, we're giving our dear readers the chance to win a one of a kind, custom made Swarovski crystallized Blu-ray Steelbook. Oh yes! The case was specially made for the film and only SIX exist in the entire world so it really is a gem. All you need do to be in with a chance of winning is answer the question below. And if you can't possibly wait, pre-order your copy now by clicking here."

snowwhite crystal.jpg

If anyone has won one, feel free to post pics:)

Last edited by a moderator:
image.jpeg
Mods, please feel free to use my photos in the op if you want to.

Did I get a good deal? Well, let me say this.

Who knew it was listed on the bay? The wording excluded "blu ray" and "Steelbook", therefore not a single collector was aware of its existence. One bid at its starting price.

Who else amongst all of you took the opportunity to declare an interest? To my knowledge probably no one, or maybe one other.

I offered a price I knew covered costs of the bidders purchase. Thankfully it was accepted. I did my homework.

To me, its priceless and I've already turned down opportunity to more than double what I paid. But I'm a collector, it would be irreplaceable.

The value is not in what others put on it, but what I get from it. And boy does it shine, shines like a diamond!

Last edited:
Consindering people are selling Blufans and Kimchi for high prices, if this had bluray steelbook on the listing title it would have went for much more.

Heck I sold an original UK Jack Reacher for 127 at the time!

What a mince film though, but as is Iron Man etc. in terms of film history but that doesn't stop us all feeding our weird habbit of buying fancy cases for massive prices!

Who knew it was listed on the bay? The wording excluded "blu ray" and "Steelbook", therefore not a single collector was aware of its existence. One bid at its starting price.

Who else amongst all of you took the opportunity to declare an interest? To my knowledge probably no one, or maybe one other.

I offered a price I knew covered costs of the bidders purchase. Thankfully it was accepted. I did my homework.

To me, its priceless and I've already turned down opportunity to more than double what I paid. But I'm a collector, it would be irreplaceable.

The value is not in what others put on it, but what I get from it. And boy does it shine, shines like a diamond!

Sounds like you certainly paid a lot more than £8 extra for it.

I'm glad your happy with it but I wouldn't get carried away thinking you were an exception to the rest of us by enquiringly first. The other guy came here with the intention to sell and few were interested. If you're happy that's the main thing.

Thing is YOU Love it . It lifts your mood ALL THAT MATTERS FLOWER . Nothing else .

I have a batterd beat up Steel of Deus Ex video game . Got it knowing the damage seller was FANTASTIC asking IF I knew what I was doing . The damage adds to the steel and for me echos the story of the character of the game . Emotionally , Physically , Pyscologicaly Jensen is batterd .

No way a thing of beauty and in the same class like yours . The thing both your's and mine both have in common is they have found thire way HOME to someone who loves them .

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE Starling . LOVE TO YOU AND YOURS .

Reactions: Starling
So i could not find the thread for the Normal UK Release so i am posting it here.

What is the best version of this film on a steelbook format? are they all the same? The only difference i saw was the Bestbuy and UK front cover art. I am asking because i am going to buy a copy.

Thanks guys

Reactions: digitalbabe
Which looks nicer in hand to you or others?

I've owned the US release of this for a while now. It's a decent edition with a matte finish and spot gloss on the details on the front. No spot gloss on the back, but it does have a metallic sheen on a few of the elements.

I recently picked up the other version on a whim from Amazon Germany for less than 8 euros, and I must say, it is a really gorgeous steelbook. Full gloss and I find the color pallete used makes the art more striking. Defintely a steal at such a low price.

Both have color interior artwork but are quite different images, so that really boils down to personal preference.

Hope this helps!

Since someone else bumped this thread ... just thought I'd point out that when I said this guy came here to sell it via promotion or bring light of it (ebay etc) and he claimed thats not why he was here ..... Last post Jan 7th, (this thread) last time logged on this site. Jan 9th! :p We weren't born yesterday!

tryna blast me, pfft!

Since someone else bumped this thread ... just thought I'd point out that when I said this guy came here to sell it via promotion or bring light of it (ebay etc) and he claimed thats not why he was here ..... Last post Jan 7th, (this thread) last time logged on this site. Jan 9th! :p We weren't born yesterday!

tryna blast me, pfft!
I was reading the whole thread yesterday after it got bumped up, had not read it back then. And I also immediately got a funny feeling with his posts. First "just want to show the pictures". Then casually dropping that "it's not really his cup of tea". Then "wife got mad, might need to sell it."
Very subtle indeed. :D

Reactions: harry
What some dont see is back then, he deleted a post where he kinda went off on me for making such accusations ... of course I can see deleted posts. ;)