Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #25) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 15th, 2014
Purchase link: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
01.jpg 04.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 450
Last edited by a moderator:
They're really getting the hang of these Disney steelbook designs now, aren't they? Kind of makes me wish they'd redo a few of the previous ones they messed up... don't want to give Zavvi any ideas though! :muted:

I wish the announcement had included a statement about full gloss. Should we assume that Zavvi knows what everyone of us wants by now? Full gloss and no freaky embossing (Toy Story I'm looking at you). Great art. Another double-dip.

I hope I'm not the only one bothered by the lack of a head on the spine (same thing for The Lion King) and the addition of "Walt" :(.

Not that I love those heads, but the rest of the collection has them, so it'd fit in better if they continued to include them, unity is what makes a good collection too.

Other than that, perfect artwork, for this and The Lion King :woot: :woot: (I already have the Taiwanese version, but I think I might double dip if it's no more than £20.99).

Front, Back and Inside art looks amazing. Especially loving the back to this :thumbs:

This steelbook is one of the biggest disappointments in the whole Disney steel collection. I think the back and front are equally disappointing. There's just something weird about the whole thing. As far as I remember this was one of the last Disney projects to use watercolours, and it really creates a distinct look. That glossed over cover is a whole different thing. And not only that. Several characters look really strange on this cover. It looks like they've traced a random film cell from the film (especially the Prince and the witch on the back) which makes the poses look weak ("'What to do with my hands', The Prince thought to himself"). The forshortening on the back looks really strange. And the colouring and shading and the way all the characters are squeezed together...

It's not all bad. I actually think the inside art would make a decent steel. Snow White looks way better on that one, and the pose is good. The background is nice as well (reminds me of the Pinocchio steel, which is good), except for the fairy dust.

Now, if I could just convince the right people to swap the artwork around. A dollar for another mockup. Anyone? ;)

Last edited:
CRAP!!!
This looks SO DAMN GOOD!!!

I promised myself I wouldn't double-dip on that title... but seems like I'll have to be unfaithful to myself! :p

you whor* bag drum :rofl::rofl::rofl:

all being said i'll be buying it as well as looks bloody lovely :D

basil :thumbs:

p.s. any idea on live time mods at all please as i'm out during day???
cheers

Reactions: Drum18
the back art looks like some sort of graffiti. i can imagine it on a wall in the street. i also think a child would find that image terrifying lol

Stunning! Love that the style of artwork and colours are consistent throughout. If they don't mess it up with random embossing, then this will easily be one of the best yet imo.