Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you 'load money on a credit card'?

Isn't the whole point of a CC to give you the credit to pay back later......?
Credit Cards have spending limit and expiry date
Payment can fail if your credit card limit is maxed or has expired.

Some banks don't allow going over your credit card limit

But some do and charge you for doing so!
Yes but will depend on the amount involved
Usually banks only allow you go over by small amount and any more transactions can be rejected.

I had happen I went over my limit by €0.01 and was charged €7.00 overlimit fee and told any more transactions maybe will be rejected.

Check Zavvi website after release date

Likely to be some cancellations due to failed payments

Watch this thread for updates and Zavvi twiiter for info if any going to back in stock
It varies as to when cancellations are made available these have to be manually added to Zavvi system
Is this the type of thing that would come back in stock a few seconds after midnight on the release date? Will there be a group buy for any restocking?

Is this the type of thing that would come back in stock a few seconds after midnight on the release date? Will there be a group buy for any restocking?
It varies as to when Zavvi make available cancellations stock can be a few days to a few weeks after release date they add back to their website
Sometimes its done just before release date.

If its only a small amount might not be added back to website at all
Zavvi sometimes keep some stock for replacements instead.

Zavvi ship worldwide no need for Group Buy with the items they sell

It varies as to when Zavvi make available cancellations stock can be a few days to a few weeks after release date they add back to their website
Sometimes its done just before release date.

If its only a small amount might not be added back to website at all
Zavvi sometimes keep some stock for replacements instead.

Zavvi ship worldwide no need for Group Buy with the items they sell

I know they ship worldwide. The group buy would be done due to the limited Stock remaining. It’s done at bd forum

I know they ship worldwide. The group buy would be done due to the limited Stock remaining. It’s done at bd forum
Still no need for a GB on any web forum with Zavvi releases

It would not make any difference as 2 per order would only be allowed anyway
These Star Wars Steelbooks have a limit of 2 per order
A order of multiple amounts can be cancelled by Zavvi if not pre authorised in advance.

Just keep watching the HDN thread and Zavvi Twitter/Facebook for any announcements if these come back in stock

If there is only small amount of cancellations it may not come back in stock on Zavvi website.

No they don’t.
Star Wars 1/2/3/4/5/6
Had a limit of 2 per order
The limit was added after general sale went live with those steelbooks as in after 12pm (Midday)

During red carpet live period it was possible to order more than 2
Some of these red carpet large bulk orders got cancelled by Zavvi.
Some orders of more than 2 still active can also be cancelled by zavvi before release date if zavvi want to do this.

A new hope a lot of bulk orders was cancelled that was done during red carpet period and is why it took until 12.50pm on May 7th to be back available.

The limit can only be added to the system after gone live for all
This has to be done manually on their system after going live on a release involved.

Force Awakens so far don't have a order limit but the previous steelbooks did

Reactions: Felix_ro
you can trick out their system @paulboland ;) did it multiple times.
Zavvi can cancel any order at any stage if they feel it's required
Your sale of contract is not complete until your order is dispatched and delivered

Zavvi like most other retailers know the different tricks involved to get around a order limit

If its a release not selling well they won't care how many is ordered for obvious reasons.

A lot of new hope bulk orders got cancelled and is why there was a delay in going live after Midday on May 7th.

Some customers will only find out their bulk order was cancelled when their order is not dispatched

No need for anyone be ordering more than 2 with a release when it's known is high demand

Star Wars 1/2/3/4/5/6
Had a limit of 2 per order
The limit was added after general sale went live with those steelbooks as in after 12pm (Midday)

During red carpet live period it was possible to order more than 2
Some of these red carpet large bulk orders got cancelled by Zavvi.
Some orders of more than 2 still active can also be cancelled by zavvi before release date if zavvi want to do this.

A new hope a lot of bulk orders was cancelled that was done during red carpet period and is why it took until 12.50pm on May 7th to be back available.

The limit can only be added to the system after gone live for all
This has to be done manually on their system after going live on a release involved.

Force Awakens so far don't have a order limit but the previous steelbooks did

I’ve ordered 3 every time without a problem. One for me, one for my boyfriend, and a backup just in case. I haven’t seen anything about a limit, and the orders have gone through just fine.

I’ve ordered 3 every time without a problem. One for me, one for my boyfriend, and a backup just in case. I haven’t seen anything about a limit, and the orders have gone through just fine.
Did you do a pre order during red carpet 8am to 12pm or general sale after 12pm for steelbooks 1/2/3/4/5/6

The limit of 2 was applied after going on general sale
The limit was applied a few min after 12pm and some it was later as in 1-2 hours after going live.
When limit was active it auto reduced to 2 at checkout.

Force Awakens is the only one of the star wars steelbooks so far that has not had a limit applied.

Dear @zavvi, I want to report a serial offender in purchasing 3 copies, denying a true Star Wars collector a chance to have a gloss steelbook with no embossing :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you do a pre order during red carpet 8am to 12pm or general sale after 12pm for steelbooks 1/2/3/4/5/6

It was right when the general sale started on the US site each time, around 7 AM EST. Got order confirmation emails and everything.

Dear @zavvi, I want to report a serial offender in purchasing 3 copies, denying a true Star Wars collector a chance to have a gloss steelbook with no embossing :rofl:

Oh come on lol. Only one is for me!

Reactions: GeoRattray
I'm kidding with you, I used to get a spare when I started, due to spine slashes and dents... not anymore :thumbs: