Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens - In theaters December 18, 2015

Gaveecho

Premium Supporter
Nov 22, 2011
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Tagline: The Force Lives On...

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Mark Hamill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carrie Fisher[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anthony Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Driver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Oscar Isaac[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Andy Serkis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Domhnall Gleeson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Max von Sydow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Mayhew[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenny Baker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gwendoline Christie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lupita Nyong'o[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Warwick Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Grunberg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maisie Richardson-Sellers[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miltos Yerolemou[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pip Andersen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dixie Arnold[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Christina Chong[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jessica Henwick[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Billie Catherine Lourd[/ACTOR]

Plot: A continuation of the saga created by George Lucas, set thirty years after Star Wars: Episode VI – Return of the Jedi.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
lPMLNr8IEvwRMy36sPd5Zw6dk6D.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

[/media]

sw-fa-728.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't understand it either it has nods to the old films nothing more. The new characters are brilliant I love Finn and Rey and BB8 kills it, i have never seen a film twice at the cinema (mainly due to price) but we may go and see this again as its spectacular

This is the first movie I have seen at the Cinema twice.

Hopefully we get a worthy steelbook.

Quick question probably in wrong thread but still. Starkiller base is it a reference to Luke Skywalker's original name. I thought it was his name in the early Star Wars early scripts

Yeah it is, think JJ has commented on it.

This is the first movie I have seen at the Cinema twice.

Hopefully we get a worthy steelbook.

I hope so can't wait to own it. I was so looking forward to this film and it did not disappoint, it has everything and brought tears to grown men in the cinema around us

Reactions: BluSteel2012
The new character's are good and totally different. Kylo is pretty messed up.

I have seen comments in various places that basically say it's a carbon copy of A New Hope, which I can't get my head around.

I can't understand it either it has nods to the old films nothing more. The new characters are brilliant I love Finn and Rey and BB8 kills it, i have never seen a film twice at the cinema (mainly due to price) but we may go and see this again as its spectacular

Okay so ive got to go into this because I find it hard that these things don't come across simular to the other films.

Only read if you have seen the film

Now I'm not looking for arguements but I'm just saying I don't get how you can't see how they are simular

First off we start with a droid that has information and it's sent off to keep this info safe and gets lost (like R2 with a message for someone), we have a main character who has no mother or father and searching for something in life who is great at fixing things and flying living in a place like tatoine (like Luke - and also that's all good because if she is lukes Daughter then it's stuff he was good at - but they are essentially the same character but rey seems less of a pu**y than Luke lol - both find a droid who been separated from their master with life changing message) who then becomes a Jedi like in A new hope (like Luke). (Or if the new theory that rey is obi wans granddaughter then living the same way of life) who meets a friend who then is willing to save her in the end (like Luke and leia) along with other help (Han and chewie) by breaking into a huge destroyer place.
As noodles mentioned the destruction of the base like the Death Star with a plan like that in new hope . aswel as building it in he first place to destroy planets.

Also it's not just simularities to a new hope but also to the other films-

We have a son killing a father (Kylo / han like Luke and Vader - and also a legend dies in both a new hope and force awakens), a duel of possible family members (Kylo /rey like Luke and Vader) who also asks to train her like Vader to Luke.
Kylo has been brainwashed to the dark side by a powerful figure (like Vader and emperor) - that we also see in the last 3 films

Now I know Kylo is completly different to Vader but I'm just saying.

You could say both villains and their masks but Kylo has a thing for Vader and I believe he wears his to pay tribute to Vader but still - although Kylo loses his I think)

(And cool homage and nods to the originals like the bar with all the creatures, lightsaber in snow, Jedi mind trick and other cool things)

And then the way it ends looking like Luke will train rey in the next film just like the empire strike back with Luke and yoda.

Now again I absolutely loved this film BUT it could of been a bit more imaginative - but I'll still enjoy like I do the others and probably more than the last 3 even though I have some love for them as I was young when they came out

Reactions: Noodles
biggest ever non chinese release in china is $400million for FF7. the original star wars movies were not released in china at the cinema, therefore are not as big a deal there as in the US and Uk, so the chances are that the takings will not be anywhere near some people are thinking. People are overestimating the impact the chinese market will have on the taking for Star Wars

(personally I loved the film this isn't a criticism.)
I wasn't aware of that... now I feel sorry for China. :(

@Flloydo I'd actually forgotten about...
...the new cantina scene. That was definitely another really cool nod to the original!

Yeah it's a cool nod. So many others that I've forgot too.
Still think my favourite moment is BB8 giving finn the thumbs up with a flame oh and I love the little creature that pops up and has a little alien moan when bb8 is going across the desert on his own - also reminded me of the originals.

One of the only things i wasn't a fan of was R2 waking up with the missing map. Whether it was programmed to wake up to Rey or bb8 or Luke using the force
And also Finn being able to have a half decent saber fight. Don't get that.

I like the possibility that Kylo is weaker since killing his father explaining why rey might of been able to defeat him even though if that's not true it don't bother me that rey defeated him because she seems like she will be a stronger Jedi than Luke and already seems stronger than he was after 3 film lol.

My mate hated that rey was all of a sudden strong (which I kinda understand) but I said I reakon Kylo unlocked it in her more when he went delving in her mind (hense Jedi mind trick) and I said also if she's Lukes daughter then A) she's going to be stronger than Leia's son Kylo and B) you don't know who her mum is - possibly a Jedi too making rey much stronger than Kylo and also if that's not true and she turns out to be obi wans grand daughter then the same thing - she will be stronger than Leia's son.

Okay so ive got to go into this because I find it hard that these things don't come across simular to the other films.

Only read if you have seen the film

Now I'm not looking for arguements but I'm just saying I don't get how you can't see how they are simular

First off we start with a droid that has information and it's sent off to keep this info safe and gets lost (like R2 with a message for someone), we have a main character who has no mother or father and searching for something in life who is great at fixing things and flying living in a place like tatoine (like Luke - and also that's all good because if she is lukes Daughter then it's stuff he was good at - but they are essentially the same character but rey seems less of a pu**y than Luke lol - both find a droid who been separated from their master with life changing message) who then becomes a Jedi like in A new hope (like Luke). (Or if the new theory that rey is obi wans granddaughter then living the same way of life) who meets a friend who then is willing to save her in the end (like Luke and leia) along with other help (Han and chewie) by breaking into a huge destroyer place.
As noodles mentioned the destruction of the base like the Death Star with a plan like that in new hope . aswel as building it in he first place to destroy planets.

Also it's not just simularities to a new hope but also to the other films-

We have a son killing a father (Kylo / han like Luke and Vader - and also a legend dies in both a new hope and force awakens), a duel of possible family members (Kylo /rey like Luke and Vader) who also asks to train her like Vader to Luke.
Kylo has been brainwashed to the dark side by a powerful figure (like Vader and emperor) - that we also see in the last 3 films

Now I know Kylo is completly different to Vader but I'm just saying.

You could say both villains and their masks but Kylo has a thing for Vader and I believe he wears his to pay tribute to Vader but still - although Kylo loses his I think)

(And cool homage and nods to the originals like the bar with all the creatures, lightsaber in snow, Jedi mind trick and other cool things)

And then the way it ends looking like Luke will train rey in the next film just like the empire strike back with Luke and yoda.

Now again I absolutely loved this film BUT it could of been a bit more imaginative - but I'll still enjoy like I do the others and probably more than the last 3 even though I have some love for them as I was young when they came out

Fair enough. For me there is a he'll of a lot that is new or fresh. Take Rey, she is totally different character wise to Luke. You could say polar oposites. Luke had a family, true not his true parents but still. He wasn't left alone to live in a Old ATAT. We have a ex stormtrooper who has deserted the empire who helps a pilot to escape. There's a thousand things I could say, but there's no point. There are bound to be some similarities as it's about the Skywalker family.

Fair enough. For me there is a he'll of a lot that is new or fresh. Take Rey, she is totally different character wise to Luke. You could say polar oposites. Luke had a family, true not his true parents but still. He wasn't left alone to live in a Old ATAT. We have a ex stormtrooper who has deserted the empire who helps a pilot to escape. There's a thousand things I could say, but there's no point. There are bound to be some similarities as it's about the Skywalker family.

Oh mate I completely agree, there is a lot of new stuff. I said some simularities I never said its a rip of the old films. Of course the storm trooper stuff is new but then again something I just thought is its always Jedi to dark side so in this instance from first order to resistance lol
But I don't see rey as a polar opposite as such. Her flying skills and fixing things tells me she's a similar character. She just seems more independent than Luke and learnt to fight at a younger age.
Again living in the ATAT isn't he same.
I think some People take this all literal. But obi was living on his own somehere.

But none of it "bother" bothers me like it would with other films because like you said it's a skywalker story.

Oh mate I completely agree, there is a lot of new stuff. I said some simularities I never said its a rip of the old films. Of course the storm trooper stuff is new but then again something I just thought is its always Jedi to dark side so in this instance from first order to resistance lol
But I don't see rey as a polar opposite as such. Her flying skills and fixing things tells me she's a similar character. She just seems more independent than Luke and learnt to fight at a younger age.
Again living in the ATAT isn't he same.
I think some People take this all literal. But obi was living on his own somehere.

But none of it "bother" bothers me like it would with other films because like you said it's a skywalker story.

i guess people interpret things differently. As you say Rey is more independent than Luke and that is a big difference. The fact she has had to work things out herself as a posed to Luke who's had a relative sheltered life on the farm. Same with Kylo he's very different to Vader.
I still think Rey could be the daughter of Han and Leia as opposed to Luke.

Reactions: Flloydo
Yeah it's a cool nod. So many others that I've forgot too.
Still think my favourite moment is BB8 giving finn the thumbs up with a flame oh and I love the little creature that pops up and has a little alien moan when bb8 is going across the desert on his own - also reminded me of the originals.

One of the only things i wasn't a fan of was R2 waking up with the missing map. Whether it was programmed to wake up to Rey or bb8 or Luke using the force
And also Finn being able to have a half decent saber fight. Don't get that.

I like the possibility that Kylo is weaker since killing his father explaining why rey might of been able to defeat him even though if that's not true it don't bother me that rey defeated him because she seems like she will be a stronger Jedi than Luke and already seems stronger than he was after 3 film lol.

My mate hated that rey was all of a sudden strong (which I kinda understand) but I said I reakon Kylo unlocked it in her more when he went delving in her mind (hense Jedi mind trick) and I said also if she's Lukes daughter then A) she's going to be stronger than Leia's son Kylo and B) you don't know who her mum is - possibly a Jedi too making rey much stronger than Kylo and also if that's not true and she turns out to be obi wans grand daughter then the same thing - she will be stronger than Leia's son.
Haha yep, I loved that scene between BB8 and Finn too... it actually made me laugh out loud in the cinema (as did many other moments). BB8 stole the show! It'll be interesting to see him bond more with 3PO and R2 in the next film... if he does at all, that is.

R2 unexpectedly waking up towards the end was a bit of WTH moment... it's as if they forgot about him for the entire film, then suddenly remembered at the last minute and had to squash it in before the film ended lol. But I do like that certain bits like that have left everyone thinking and coming up with theories to fill in the gaps/make sense of it all.

While watching the film it honestly never crossed my mind that Rey might be Luke's daughter, so once I got home from the cinema and started reading spoilers, I was surprised to see so many people saying how obvious it was, because to me it wasn't at all... and I'm still not convinced! I actually think that idea would be too simple (I mean, this is J.J. we're talking about), and to me it'd make more sense for her to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter, so I'm totally for that theory. Whoever's relative she is, the force is clearly very strong with her, and it's only going to get stronger in the next film, which will be very exciting to see!

As for Finn somehow being quite good with a saber... this article I read earlier today about the "bato-wielding" Stormtrooper that called Finn a traitor (the one fans have cleverly named TR-8R lol) was actually someone he trained with, so I guess he was also trained to use it too, which I imagine is probably similar to wielding a light saber and would explain why Finn seemed a little experienced. Here's an image of their training using riot control weapons from Greg Rucka's Before the Awakening book...

1.png

Reactions: Flloydo and lights
i guess people interpret things differently. As you say Rey is more independent than Luke and that is a big difference. The fact she has had to work things out herself as a posed to Luke who's had a relative sheltered life on the farm. Same with Kylo he's very different to Vader.
I still think Rey could be the daughter of Han and Leia as opposed to Luke.
Haha yep, I loved that scene between BB8 and Finn too... it actually made me laugh out loud in the cinema (as did many other moments). BB8 stole the show! It'll be interesting to see him bond more with 3PO and R2 in the next film... if he does at all, that is.

R2 unexpectedly waking up towards the end was a bit of WTH moment... it's as if they forgot about him for the entire film, then suddenly remembered at the last minute and had to squash it in before the film ended lol. But I do like that certain bits like that have left everyone thinking and coming up with theories to fill in the gaps/make sense of it all.

While watching the film it honestly never crossed my mind that Rey might be Luke's daughter, so once I got home from the cinema and started reading spoilers, I was surprised to see so many people saying how obvious it was, because to me it wasn't at all... and I'm still not convinced! I actually think that idea would be too simple (I mean, this is J.J. we're talking about), and to me it'd make more sense for her to be Obi-Wan's granddaughter, so I'm totally for that theory. Whoever's relative she is, the force is clearly very strong with her, and it's only going to get stronger in the next film, which will be very exciting to see!

As for Finn somehow being quite good with a saber... this article I read earlier today about the "bato-wielding" Stormtrooper that called Finn a traitor (the one fans have cleverly named TR-8R lol) was actually someone he trained with, so I guess he was also trained to use it too, which I imagine is probably similar to wielding a light saber and would explain why Finn seemed a little experienced. Here's an image of their training using riot control weapons from Greg Rucka's Before the Awakening book...

View attachment 211421

Lights - yeah I agree and Kylo is different to Vader - so far.
For a moment in the film I thought she was hans daughter but then Han and leia never mention a daughter and then leia sending her now only daughter off to find Luke - unless leia don't know it's her but I can't see that happening.

Noodles - yeah bb8 stole the show and I also fell in love with daisy. Something about her cheeky face. Lol
It is like they forgot about R2 and I also love the theories.
Literally when she was fixing stuff in the falcon I thought ohhh she's lukes daughter just after first thinking its hans - I think we spoke in PM about the deaths and who's who's child - not sure if we got any right becuase I thought chewie would die and if not him then Han but defo not luke.
But I am starting to think she could be obi wans grand daughter - and apparently isn't a obi film going to possibly be one of the solo films? That could be interesting and explain where Reys parents went and who they are in the end. Also her force vision is both obis taking (Ewan and Guinness) - another inteesting thing and on my second viewing it's clearly him as the guy who's with young rey is Simon peggs voice (the guy who gives food and owns the falcon) at least I'm sure it sounded like him.

Oh yeah I was going to mention Finns training and maybe he was just going for it. That stormtrooper TR-8R was great with it and would explain Finn being ok with a sword/saber weapon. Love the online memes - yeah that kinda makes sense

@luke98 - what cameo?

Lights - yeah I agree and Kylo is different to Vader - so far.
For a moment in the film I thought she was hans daughter but then Han and leia never mention a daughter and then leia sending her now only daughter off to find Luke - unless leia don't know it's her but I can't see that happening.

Noodles - yeah bb8 stole the show and I also fell in love with daisy. Something about her cheeky face. Lol
It is like they forgot about R2 and I also love the theories.
Literally when she was fixing stuff in the falcon I thought ohhh she's lukes daughter just after first thinking its hans - I think we spoke in PM about the deaths and who's who's child - not sure if we got any right becuase I thought chewie would die and if not him then Han but defo not luke.
But I am starting to think she could be obi wans grand daughter - and apparently isn't a obi film going to possibly be one of the solo films? That could be interesting and explain where Reys parents went and who they are in the end. Also her force vision is both obis taking (Ewan and Guinness) - another inteesting thing and on my second viewing it's clearly him as the guy who's with young rey is Simon peggs voice (the guy who gives food and owns the falcon) at least I'm sure it sounded like him.

Oh yeah I was going to mention Finns training and maybe he was just going for it. That stormtrooper TR-8R was great with it and would explain Finn being ok with a sword/saber weapon. Love the online memes - yeah that kinda makes sense

@luke98 - what cameo?

Unless They Make Her Like A making (I maculates conception, would explain her been dumped on a planet. With regards to her been Han's, that scene in the Falcon where she is co-pilot, got me thinking that. Also the hug with Leia at the end, Bearing in mind they have never met.
It was simon peg, he was also in the costume. Daniel Craig was also the stormtrooper who got mind tricked.

Unless They Make Her Like A making (I maculates conception, would explain her been dumped on a planet. With regards to her been Han's, that scene in the Falcon where she is co-pilot, got me thinking that. Also the hug with Leia at the end, Bearing in mind they have never met.
It was simon peg, he was also in the costume. Daniel Craig was also the stormtrooper who got mind tricked.

Then again too much like Vader - I wouldn't Belive it a second time.
I think Han knew she was lukes daughter or at least thought she was even if she's obis. Kinda like his cousin or neice I think - get confused with all that and he knew so he trusted her more and also she was great with the falcon.

Thought it was pegg. I knew he voiced the guy with the food - apparently he's not in the suit.
And yeah I read about Craig but nothing was confirmed so on my second viewing someone mentioned he's the Jedi mind trick trooper and it's blatently him, can reall hear his voice and then struts off like bond lol quality. And he was making bond at the time lol

@Noodles anothwr bit I found funny was the 2 storm troopers walking down the hall when Kylos going mental with his saber in one of the rooms and they stop and give the hand signal "**** that" and turn around lol

And chewie in general- he was so funny. Grabbing Finn in the falcon and getting treated at the end by apparently meyhews real wife. Brilliant

Then again too much like Vader - I wouldn't Belive it a second time.
I think Han knew she was lukes daughter or at least thought she was even if she's obis. Kinda like his cousin or neice I think - get confused with all that and he knew so he trusted her more and also she was great with the falcon.

Thought it was pegg. I knew he voiced the guy with the food - apparently he's not in the suit.
And yeah I read about Craig but nothing was confirmed so on my second viewing someone mentioned he's the Jedi mind trick trooper and it's blatently him, can reall hear his voice and then struts off like bond lol quality. And he was making bond at the time lol

@Noodles anothwr bit I found funny was the 2 storm troopers walking down the hall when Kylos going mental with his saber in one of the rooms and they stop and give the hand signal "**** that" and turn around lol

And chewie in general- he was so funny. Grabbing Finn in the falcon and getting treated at the end by apparently meyhews real wife. Brilliant

He wasn't in the suit? I saw a picture of him in it with the head off. Unless they had to re shoot.
Why would Luke leave her on Jakku though? I always thought Jedi didn't have families.
I thought that scene with the two stormtrooper was funny too.

It was really his real wife? They had someone else in the suit for action scenes as Mayhem has problems with his legs. Did you see his walking stick at the Premiere? (Lightsaber walking stick )