USA
Release Date: September 23rd, 2013
Purchase link: Starship Troopers Live!!
Price: £14.99
Note: 4k qty confirmed.

st.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to ricster)

Last edited by a moderator:
Received mine today. Opened it up because the disc was loose inside but the two streaks present on the disc rubbed off with a clean cloth.

I like the look and finish of the Steelbook. Sure it could have been better but no complaints here. :thumbs:

I got mine in the mail today and the disc was loose too! Frigg'in Canada Post! :angry:

So disappointed in this. Has to be one of my worst steelbooks. How boring and un-original.
I get the feeling that some companies/film studios are jumping on this steelbook lark and just releasing any old garbage hoping people will buy...and yes, I am one. I think I may have to go thru my zavvi pre-order list and delete a few if they are going to follow this trend!

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
So disappointed in this. Has to be one of my worst steelbooks. How boring and un-original.
I get the feeling that some companies/film studios are jumping on this steelbook lark and just releasing any old garbage hoping people will buy...and yes, I am one. I think I may have to go thru my zavvi pre-order list and delete a few if they are going to follow this trend!

Send it back, it might help them get the message.

Glad I cancelled this. I don't think the current Zavvi wave is all that bad in terms of artwork (it's the low print quality and finish that bothers me the most)...with the exception of this steel, of course.

There's definitely room for improvement in terms of artwork for this steel. Would of loved to see a big mobile infantry logo on the cover. Can't win them all I guess.

Definitely a dull steel, in both the artwork and the cheap finish, but... to its credit, none of the artwork is outright bad, just boring, and there's no unnecessary text or taglines, and most importantly, the debossed title is fantastic. We don't get enough tasteful debossing these days.

This to me is a lot like ID4: Unremarkable, but still very much worth owning if you like the movie. Even moreso considering this is ST's first steel.

My copy arrived today. I haven't opened it yet. As I didn't have this on blu ray I'm quite happy with it at the price.

I like to be positive at the best of times and this is a movie I really enjoyed when it first came out. But when one of our resident imagery wizzes (in this case pbtour4il) puts out photos and they still look bad you know there's something wrong. To all those who just got this for the movie then you will surely still enjoy, but for anyone else the lack of clarity and detail in the picture coupled with the finish that's been chosen is very disappointing.

Just got this one and wanted to say I really like it. I love the front image and the debossed title. If the matt finish would have been a higher quality this would be one of my favourite steelbooks. My opinion and thought I would give some positive feedback.