wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: January 18-20, 2019
Note: WEA steelbook,4K UHD+2D+Bonus
1 Click Only
Deposit (40 USD) made with Batman Begins payment. Invoice for remainder still to come.
GB price include the collector box shipping (42 USD) and all fees. @wxlinkswd

Boxset is due to ship late March

full

33A2E71B-B399-42FF-99AB-500C84A71DDD.jpeg22B86CFA-B064-4E3A-A142-8EE90D74E10C.jpeg475C2F51-E9F3-4468-BE5F-A6D6241F5182.jpeg6692A4B0-E276-4340-B3DF-BDBBC63FF536.jpeg
batmanthedarkknight.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They can do what they want at the end of the day, I knew when I clicked it the price would be inflated but I didn't think it would be literally near double the cost. The fact they've obviously sold X amount of sets as this was their last one apparently is baffleing . I thought the guy in the classifieds selling one for $750 was steep but this is next level lol

In reality CM are just doing publicly what a lot here are doing privately!

I've sold a few things at a higher price. It funds my hobby sometimes.

Il never see €900 though! :p
If you have this trilogy of OCs and are willing to let it go you will. And whoever buys it from you at 900 will turn around and flip it for 1050, and it'll sell.

They can do what they want at the end of the day, I knew when I clicked it the price would be inflated but I didn't think it would be literally near double the cost. The fact they've obviously sold X amount of sets as this was their last one apparently is baffleing . I thought the guy in the classifieds selling one for $750 was steep but this is next level lol
I doubt they sold them all at that price.

They probably hiked this one as its the last one they have.....

Can't believe what I just saw. Cinemuseum just put on fb that they have one copy of the whole set left to order (they told me last week they'd sold out), clicked it to see the price out of curiosity..

899.90 euros :wtf:!

To put into perspective that's £793.13 or $1026.43

That is virtually double the price if you were getting it through a gb including the fees. That is crazy!!

And mind that they dont even have to pay the fees from their fb sell so it' s like they would put it on ebay for 1K euro lol

Reactions: Covcraig
1547819076975.gif

I have to agree looks like there are being abit to greedy considering this is the “last copy available at the CM store” which raises the question is this a last minute cancellation order? since apparently they were out of stock last week.

Just quickly doing the maths as the going rate on the aftermarket has already been set at approximately US$260 / 228€ before shipping per TDK Trilogy OC. So all up for 3 OC’s would = US$780 / 684€. Now compare back to the 899€ for the whole lot that’s quite the difference as shipping is still to be added onto this EEK! as packaged weight and size is still undertermined. So there’s still over 200€ difference (before shipping) which some covers the free collectors motherbox. So yes in summary the maths don’t add up and can understand how this would be deemed unacceptable.

I wonder if they have an arrangement with HDZeta and get these through the proper channels so to speak like HDN would or if they have people who aquire them in group buys in various places to get their stock to sell on at a boosted rate

I wonder if they have an arrangement with HDZeta and get these through the proper channels so to speak like HDN would or if they have people who aquire them in group buys in various places to get their stock to sell on at a boosted rate
I strongly doubt they have their own GBs considering how much of an increase in price they do.

Reactions: Covcraig
Its hilarious that they've pretty much took the full price of the set delivered plus fees from a group such as HDN, doubled it then put on their site that payment must be made in friends or family payment or bank transfer and if you want to pay by goods/services then you have to cover the costs. On top of this they're gonna then charge the customer for the shipping!!

The funny thing is, all of their own products are at reasonable rates based on what other retailers charge for exclusive releases etc, but anything they sell third party is mega money.

• Thanks
Reactions: wojo134
Its hilarious that they've pretty much took the full price of the set delivered plus fees from a group such as HDN, doubled it then put on their site that payment must be made in friends or family payment or bank transfer and if you want to pay by goods/services then you have to cover the costs. On top of this they're gonna then charge the customer for the shipping!!

The funny thing is, all of their own products are at reasonable rates based on what other retailers charge for exclusive releases etc, but anything they sell third party is mega money.

Well it makes sense. Let's say they buy it direct from HDZeta's site when they went on sale. They would be paying regular price just like anybody else. So to re-sell it they would have to sell it higher. Just like anybody buying it and re-selling it on ebay.

But for their own products they will acquire the steelbooks at a discount from the studio and then make their own slips and goodies.
Just like any vendor and therefore be able to sell their own products for a reasonable price.

So to re-sell it they would have to sell it higher. .

They choose to sell it higher. They don't have to. If they had kept the same price then TDK trilogy sets would have still sold out regardless. Greed does come into it somewhat as they are clearly making profit for themselves on top of additional costs to fuel their own business. Customers are then missing out buying them at retail price. It's ebay all over again, except there is excess money here helping them run their own business.
Rather than buying up professionally made steels from elsewhere and selling them at a higher price they should focus on making their own the best that they can be and investing their own time, money and labour into their own 'business' rather than other peoples money. It's cutting corners somewhat to try and make CM better than what it actually is. I've ordered IT from them (not for me, but as a gift) because it's the best slip I've seen visually so far. They have a vision and do a lot of things decent and want to make a name for themselves. It's still the same ol' WWA though.

All that being said, make no mistake... it is what it is, businesses do this and yes for them to survive they need to jack up the prices and there's nothing anybody can or should want to do about it. It's a business I don't have to buy from and doesn't affect my life.
Just stating what I believe is very obvious.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza
If you have this trilogy of OCs and are willing to let it go you will. And whoever buys it from you at 900 will turn around and flip it for 1050, and it'll sell.
Have I missed something?
People are trying to sell this for half of that and it's sitting?
The one's that've sold on ebay are only around 500?

They choose to sell it higher. They don't have to. If they had kept the same price then TDK trilogy sets would have still sold out regardless.

Of course as a business they are going to sell it higher. You don't buy something and then turn around and sell it immediately for the same price you paid for it.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Have I missed something?
People are trying to sell this for half of that and it's sitting?
The one's that've sold on ebay are only around 500?
Prices are for the trilogy. And I don't mean right now. Give it time. There will come a time, and it's not in the distant future, that those that wanted it and could have bought at $550-750 and didn't, will kick themselves for not doing so because this will be over $1k (again, for the trilogy). It's a sure bet.

I would expect it from an average person in a classifieds section or on the bay. I wouldn't expect it from a company who have a legitimate website and business in selling steelbooks.

I wouldn't expect a legit business to write in their listings you have to pay via PayPal friends and family payment either.

Prices are for the trilogy. And I don't mean right now. Give it time. There will come a time, and it's not in the distant future, that those that wanted it and could have bought at $550-750 and didn't, will kick themselves for not doing so because this will be over $1k (again, for the trilogy). It's a sure bet.
I'm not sure about that one mate.
You can come back and prove me wrong in the future ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
What CM are doing is wrong IMO. If they want to be treated as a reputable company they shouldnt be doing things like this.
I might not want to buy at whatever price point he chooses, but it's his right to price it however high he wants. It's a business, he needs to make a decent profit. The market will decide if it's too high or not and he'll cut back on his profit if it doesn't sell. Companies that don't turn a profit go the way of the dodo.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza
Status
Not open for further replies.