The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Reactions
78,861 5 0
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th,2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy

- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy

-
Snow White Lenticular (December 23, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23, 2016) - Buy

- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23, 2016) - Buy

- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular
( February 27th 2017) - Buy

- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017)- Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017)- Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017)- Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 6, 2013
Italy
Reactions
119 0 0
I've just left the below comment on Zavvi's facebook page (see their 15th October post announcing The Lion King lenticular steelbook). Thought I'd let everyone know in case they want to comment / like / add fuel to the fire :)

Dear Zavvi,

I'm delighted to see that you are breathing new life into the Disney classics SteelBook line! This collection has had consistently high standards, with carefully chosen artworks enhanced by gloss finishes and well-judged embossing. Some of the best SteelBooks on the market in my opinion, as the films so rightly deserve!

Almost a year after the last Disney classic was announced on SteelBook (Treasure Planet), I was beginning to worry that this collection had come to a premature end, so it’s GREAT to see a new release – and especially one that many collectors weren’t able to snag the first time around (who doesn’t love The Lion King?)

I sincerely hope that this new wave of re-releases (which includes a nice lenticular edition of Finding Nemo), might also include some of the unreleased classics that haven’t yet been given the SteelBook treatment. It would be such a shame if the collection was left incomplete when there are still so many sought-after titles. The fan demand for premium editions of Lilo & Stitch or Bolt (for example) should ensure profitable sales for Disney and I imagine both would be rapid sell-outs. Personally, I would love nothing more than to see a SteelBook releases for The Black Cauldron, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and Oliver & Co.

I understand why Disney have held off on these titles so far. Sales would inevitable be slower than for their most popular classics (this lenticular re-release of The Lion King sold out in just three days!) I don’t claim to know the business side of things but it does seem plausible that a small print run (e.g. 1000 copies) for the lesser-known classics would still be profitable if sold at the usual price point - appreciating of course that SteelBooks are more expensive to produce than Amarays, and probably even more expensive for smaller print runs. However, the opportunity to complete the collection may actually boost sales, since fans are often put off if they know they won’t end up with a matching set. With this new wave of lenticular re-releases, there will also be new customers jumping on board, many of whom will be looking to collect them all (including possibly buying titles they wouldn’t otherwise to avoid gaps).

I would love it if you would share this feedback with Disney. I know they can never be influenced by the whims of one fan, but they might be interested in the collective voice of the SteelBook community – a recent poll showing the demand for unreleased titles in the Disney classics SteelBook line can be viewed here: https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...isney-pixar-steelbook-collection.60825/page-7

Whatever happens with this collection, I would like to congratulate both Zavvi and Disney for one of the best-produced SteelBook sets the market has seen. The Disney collection is a real treat, and I hope it is given the chance to live on!

Yours sincerely,

A Disney / SteelBook nerd.
You read my mind!! Don't forget Atlantis...

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Reactions
754 0 0
All those re-releases with lenticular cover says "greed" to me. If they want to give the collectors options, then why are they not bringing out 2 versions, say, of Finding Dory. If they care about the buying public,give them a choice if its not financial motivation. Normal version for people that have been collecting them and lenticular for people just starting out and with a new numbered lenticular collection. They won't, as they want people to buy both to complete their collections. The enjoyment is going out of it for me now. Sorry.

Feb 13, 2017
Reactions
7 0 0
Hi guys! I've blogged an article about the Zavvi Disney steelbook issue here:

https://cinemaetc.co.uk/2017/02/12/the-problem-with-zavvis-uk-disney-steelbooks/

It appears ta0151 and I were on a similar wavelength!

I'm hoping this will bring a bit more traction to our argument and perhaps kick them to start up the releases again, or at least shed some more light on the situation. Having spent so much on my set it's a real shame to see it fizzle out.

The recent restart of the Ghibli range brings me new hope though...

(Apologies for linking externally on my first post).

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
Reactions
26,484 2 0

https://cinemaetc.co.uk/2017/02/12/the-problem-with-zavvis-uk-disney-steelbooks/

I'm hoping this will bring a bit more traction to our argument and perhaps kick them to start up the releases again, or at least shed some more light on the situation. Having spent so much on my set it's a real shame to see it fizzle out.

They did release the rescuers FYI

But nice blog, I want them to continue and would kill for a Winnie the Pooh steel

Mar 4, 2016
Reactions
160 1 0

Great blog @WAKSTRODE. I like the idea of the subscription model to help ensure the flow of business for less popular classics. Fingers crossed someone at Disney or Zavvi will sit up and take note. They're missing a trick by not completing this collection.

Feb 13, 2017
Reactions
7 0 0
Thanks! It should help the cause. Some of them would be obvious choices, some less obvious... but as long as they don't make too many then their risk is reduced.

Mar 4, 2016
Reactions
160 1 0
Thanks! It should help the cause. Some of them would be obvious choices, some less obvious... but as long as they don't make too many then their risk is reduced.
It did help the cause! Lilo & Stitch announced today! New, unreleased title in the Disney Classics collection :)

Mar 4, 2016
Reactions
160 1 0
@digitalbabe, should the OP be updated to include the new lenticular wave? They're mostly re-releases but Lilo & Stitch was announced today, the first new title since Treasure Planet. Nice to see this collection getting some attention again!

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Reactions
78,861 5 0
@digitalbabe, should the OP be updated to include the new lenticular wave? They're mostly re-releases but Lilo & Stitch was announced today, the first new title since Treasure Planet. Nice to see this collection getting some attention again!
Thanks for the suggestion-sure, I'll see if someone can assist in updating the thread. Thanks!

Aug 11, 2013
UK
Reactions
871 0 0
The OP looks like it has been updated with some of the recent Lenti but it hasen't got Snow White, The Lion King and Frozen on it.

tommyh84

Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Reactions
4,823 9 0
Looking forward to re-released/lenticular editions of Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur, hope neither are too far away

Mar 4, 2016
Reactions
160 1 0
I have Dinosaur in the night glow PET slip from Nova / Kimchi - but I'd happily go again for a better artwork. This film might be my favourite Pixar... though there are many who would disagree with me!

Feb 1, 2017
Reactions
505 0 0
I'd be nice to have a proper steel for the new Pete's Dragon and Alice Through the Looking Glass, too. So many possibilities!

Feb 13, 2017
Reactions
7 0 0
Will zavvi ever release Cars 2? The hmv steel is very meh!
It's really bizarre that they've just not gone for this one. I prefer it to the original one! Surely when Cars 3 comes out it will be re-issued?