The Disney Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusives) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K (except for The Jungle Book/Little Mermaid).

The Disney Collection link

Listing:
#35: Treasure Planet (February 8, 2016) - Buy
#??: The Princess and the Frog (October 12, 2015) - Buy
#34: Brother Bear (June 22nd, 2015) - Buy
#33: The Sword in the Stone (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#32: The Emperor's New Groove (June 15th, 2015) - Buy
#31: Big Hero 6 (May 25th, 2015) - Buy
#30: Beauty and the Beast 3D+2D (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#29: Tarzan (December 20th, 2014) - Buy
#28: Tangled 3D+2D (November 10th, 2014) - Buy
#27: Sleeping Beauty (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#26: The Lion King (December 8th, 2014) - Buy
#25: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (December 15th, 2014) - Buy
#24: The Fox and The Hound (October 06th, 2014) - Buy
#23: Pocahontas (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#22: The Rescuers (September 15th, 2014) - Buy
#21: The Aristocats (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#20: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (August 11th, 2014) - Buy
#19: Mulan (July 21st, 2014) - Buy
#18: Hercules (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#17: Pinocchio (July 7th, 2014) - Buy
#16: Robin Hood (June 4th, 2014) - Buy
#15: Mary Poppins (March 3rd, 2014) - Buy
#14: Cinderella (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#13: Bambi (April 7th, 2014) - Buy
#12: Frozen (March 31st, 2014) - Buy
#11: Alice in Wonderland (May 30, 2014) - Buy
#10: 101 Dalmatians (March 10, 2014) - Buy
#09: Dumbo (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#08: Lady & the Tramp (February 17, 2014) - Buy
#07: Peter Pan (February 10, 2014) - Buy
#06: Fantasia (January 20, 2014) - Buy
#05: Planes (December 2, 2013) - Buy
#04: Wreck it Ralph (January 19th, 2014) - Buy
#03: The Little Mermaid (September 23rd, 2013) - Buy
#02: The Jungle Book (August 12, 2013) - Buy
#01: Aladdin (July 8th, 2013) - Buy

Not part of the official Zavvi's Disney Collection:

- Alice in Wonderland 3D+2D (February 22nd, 2016) - Buy
- Oz the Great and Poweful 3D+2D (May 4th, 2015) - Buy
- Frankenweenie 3D+2D (April 05th, 2015) - Buy
- Zootropolis 3D+2D (July 25th, 2016) - Buy
- Moana 3D+2D (April 3rd, 2017) - Buy

Disney Lenticular Steelbooks:

- The Rocketeer 3D+2D Lenticular (November 28th, 2016) - Buy
- Snow White Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Brave 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Toy Story 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Frozen 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Monsters, Inc 3D+2D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- The Lion King 3D Lenticular (December 23rd, 2016) - Buy
- Finding Nemo 3D+2D Lenticular (February 27th 2017) - Buy
- Wreck It Ralph 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Tangled 3D+2D Lenticular (March 6th, 2017) - Buy
- Beauty and The Beast 3D+2D Lenticular (March 13th, 2017) - Buy
- Tron Legacy 2D Lenticular (March 20th, 2017) - Buy
- The Lone Ranger 2D Lenticular (March 27th, 2017) - Buy
- Fantasia Lenticular (April 10th, 2017) - Buy
- Big Hero 6 3D+2D Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy
- Lilo & Stitch Lenticular (April 17th, 2017) - Buy

- Avengers Assemble 3D+2D Lenticular (April 23rd, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The First Avenger 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Guardians of the Galaxy 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 2 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Iron Man 3 3D+2D Lenticular (November 30th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Thor: The Dark World 3D+2D Lenticular (December 14th, 2015) - Buy
- Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- The Incredible Hulk 2D Lenticular (October 10th, 2016) - Buy
- Ant-Man 3D+2D Lenticular (October 24th, 2016) - Buy
- Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D+2D Lenticular (October 31st, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2D Lenticular (November 7th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 2 2D Lenticular (November 14th, 2016) - Buy
- Spider-Man 3 2D Lenticular (November 21st, 2016) - Buy
- Captain America: Civil War 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy
- Doctor Stranger 3D+2D Lenticular (October 16th, 2017) - Buy

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a mondo line lol. Zavvi are just selling them exclusively. It was going to happen with zavvi or not

And your missing 4k from your list

But why would Zavvi agree to sell them when there's HMV, Amazon and the like...or better yet why would Disney choose Zavvi with them already selling another line. Just seems like greed at the end of the day on Zavvi's part.

If you offer it to HMV or Amazon then you could let each retailer do their own thing at a constant pace, not sell so many different variations of the same film at the same place, it just splits customers into what to buy especialy when they try to market everything at once.

But why would Zavvi agree to sell them when there's HMV, Amazon and the like...or better yet why would Disney choose Zavvi with them already selling another line. Just seems like greed at the end of the day on Zavvi's part.

If you offer it to HMV or Amazon then you could let each retailer do their own thing at a constant pace, not sell so many different variations of the same film.

I never said it wasn’t greed. Zavvi are greedy. They have been for years but they are also a business who have close ties with Disney in every aspect so why not.

If anything it’s standard now. They have a good relationship with Zavvi. They release all steels for marvel, Pixar, live action and star wars aswel as the Disney animations. Why would Disney now go to HMV or amazon? Use your noggin mate

And the mondo line is all over the place anyway. Zavvi have a had a few including labyrinth. US and Canada have had exclusives to them. We are x was all U.K. retailers and boondock was Germany.

I never said it wasn’t greed. Zavvi are greedy. They have been for years but they are also a business who have close ties with Disney in every aspect so why not.

If anything it’s standard now. They have a good relationship with Zavvi. They release all steels for marvel, Pixar, live action and star wars aswel as the Disney animations. Why would Disney now go to HMV or amazon? Use your noggin mate

And the mondo line is all over the place anyway. Zavvi have a had a few including labyrinth. US and Canada have had exclusives to them. We are x was all U.K. retailers and boondock was Germany.

Alright jeez...don't need to resort to that kind of stuff.

Pardon?

What kind of stuff? Logic?
Think it logistically makes sense to Disney to deal with Zavvi solely; if they’re producing a set quantity that will sell out then it makes sense to sell it through one retailer instead of shipping 1000 copies to Zavvi, 1000 copies to HMV, 1000 copies to Amazon etc etc.
Or maybe Zavvi signed an exclusivity deal with Disney to be the sole distributors, who knows.

As long as we get the missing films, I’m happy!

Reactions: Flloydo
Think it logistically makes sense to Disney to deal with Zavvi solely; if they’re producing a set quantity that will sell out then it makes sense to sell it through one retailer instead of shipping 1000 copies to Zavvi, 1000 copies to HMV, 1000 copies to Amazon etc etc.
Or maybe Zavvi signed an exclusivity deal with Disney to be the sole distributors, who knows.

Of course yeah. Like I’ve said in the previous post. Why would they deal with other retailers when they have years of partnership under their belts with zavvi

I’m just confused why monkeyrob said “Alright jeez...don't need to resort to that kind of stuff.”

Unless they are offended by the word “noggin”. If so then that’s hilarious and get the f@ck out of my sight :rofl:

Pardon?

What kind of stuff? Logic?

Of course yeah. Like I’ve said in the previous post. Why would they deal with other retailers when they have years of partnership under their belts with zavvi

I’m just confused why monkeyrob said “Alright jeez...don't need to resort to that kind of stuff.”

Unless they are offended by the word “noggin”. If so then that’s hilarious and get the f@ck out of my sight :rofl:

Offended? No, I just think saying stuff like "Use your noggin mate" which comes off you're speaking down to someone and that they are stupid for suggesting what they did even though it was a fair comment. Also comes off a bit smug at the end of the day, you could have literally said the same sentence without that at the end. It's just a steelbook space, there's no "higher mindset" with any of this.

So no I won't "get the f@ck out your sight".

I was just thinking about how they could have used Amazon for Mondo Disney titles and Zavvi for the main Classic line they've been doing from the start. Won't feel like we are being suffocated when we get classic, lenti and mondo Disney announcements in one go by the same retailer. It spaces it up abit and lets that sole retailer focus on what they have.

Offended? No, I just think saying stuff like "Use your noggin mate" which comes off you're speaking down to someone and that they are stupid for suggesting what they did even though it was a fair comment. Also comes off a bit smug at the end of the day, you could have literally said the same sentence without that at the end. It's just a steelbook space, there's no "higher mindset" with any of this.

I was just thinking about how they could have used Amazon for Mondo Disney titles and Zavvi for the main Classic line they've been doing from the start. Won't feel like we are being suffocated when we get classic, lenti and mondo Disney announcements in one go by the same retailer. It spaces it up abit and lets that sole retailer focus on what they have.

No, I just see you moan about the same stuff each time and not sure how it hasn’t sunk in that zavvi are a business, greedy and sell a lot of Disney

No, I just see you moan about the same stuff each time and not sure how it hasn’t sunk in that zavvi are a business, greedy and sell a lot of Disney

You are now really getting off topic, and lets be honest here "moan about the same stuff" you mean like 90% of the users here where we come to praise or vent our frustrations? I mean I've seen you say roughly the same things before from time to time but I don't care because it's a forum and you can vent that kind of issues if you want, it's what the place is for. So lets just move past this since we're both off topic now :)

Maybe, although there’s no guarantee that the releases would be spaced apart much differently if different lines were handled by different retailers. Just be thankful we’re nearly all caught up with the Disney classics now, so we won’t have release-clutter going forward!

Reactions: Robsonmonkey
You are now really getting off topic, and lets be honest here "moan about the same stuff" you mean like 90% of the users here where we come to praise or vent our frustrations? I mean I've seen you say roughly the same things before from time to time but I don't care because it's a forum and you can vent that kind of issues if you want, it's what the place is for. So lets just move past this since we're both off topic now :)

Ok I agree with that. Touché but I haven’t reallly moaned about zavvi in a good 2 years. They have improved a lot and I’ve just got used to how they are. They sell the stuff I want from steels to vinyl to statues Etc and I’ve warmed round to them a lot more.

But I don’t see why Disney would go elsewhere for U.K. exclusives. Zavvi is their home and partner now. Can’t see it changing for while

Today I’ve had a rant in the batman zeta thread but because of a extremely bad business decision. So maybe I’m still a little heated from that. I apologise

• Thanks
Reactions: Robsonmonkey
Maybe, although there’s no guarantee that the releases would be spaced apart much differently if different lines were handled by different retailers. Just be thankful we’re nearly all caught up with the Disney classics now, so we won’t have release-clutter going forward!

I guess that's true, I can see your point, but yeah I'm just hoping Zavvi finish off what they started...we're so close to the end.

I guess that's true, I can see your point, but yeah I'm just hoping Zavvi finish off what they started...we're so close to the end.
Dude- I’d be gutted if we didn’t get a full collection. I guess it’s those 1940s releases which could prove to be trouble, especially considering some of them aren’t even on blu-ray yet.

Just hope there’s feedback given to the guys who work on these steelbooks that avid collectors want a full set- I think unfortunately they’d gauge it as if there’s not enough demand they won’t release it. Hope I’m wrong!

Ok I agree with that. Touché but I haven’t reallly moaned about zavvi in a good 2 years. They have improved a lot and I’ve just got used to how they are. They sell the stuff I want from steels to vinyl to statues Etc and I’ve warmed round to them a lot more.

But I don’t see why Disney would go elsewhere for U.K. exclusives. Zavvi is their home and partner now. Can’t see it changing for while

Today I’ve had a rant in the batman zeta thread but because of a extremely bad business decision. So maybe I’m still a little heated from that. I apologise

It's fine, I think I'm just stressed from work, I apologise aswell, you made a good comment, you always do on here so I'm at fault aswell. Some sentences come off differently to different people and since it's all text people interpret them in their own way.

I just think whether it's moaning or praising anything it's better to do it on a place like this where at least some people will understand rather then talking to close friends in person who might not give a s*** as they don't care for any of this.

I’ve been moaning on the BluFans Infinity War thread this last week- guess the stress of collecting gets to us all sometimes!

On a Disney/Zavvi related note- only got my copy of Basil today, EIGHT DAYS after it was despatched! Crazy- glad it’s with me now though.

It's fine, I think I'm just stressed from work, I apologise aswell, you made a good comment, you always do on here so I'm at fault aswell. Some sentences come off differently to different people and since it's all text people interpret them in their own way.

I just think whether it's moaning or praising anything it's better to do it on a place like this where at least some people will understand rather then talking to close friends in person who might not give a s*** as they don't care for any of this.

Yeah for instance the out of my sight comment was a joke. That’s why I did the laughing face. I can be fiery but if you know me In person it’s cuddly lol

Yeah same, Mates couldn’t give a sh!t although some of my work mates know I collect stuff like this and find it cool.

I’ve been moaning on the BluFans Infinity War thread this last week- guess the stress of collecting gets to us all sometimes!

On a Disney/Zavvi related note- only got my copy of Basil today, EIGHT DAYS after it was despatched! Crazy- glad it’s with me now though.

Haha, yeah I know. I’ve been like it before. It happens. Everyone will jump in too on a busy thread and I’ve done both so I’m no better

come on guys lets keep things friendly and civil - its the weekend after all, keep with the high spirits

Looks like the new release was Little Mermaid which personally am not a fan of - the artwork is too 'Pop art' for my liking, for this movie at least.
It could work for others but not here.

Ioved the original artwork of the semi-shadow/silhouette of Ariel (below) even if a bit of metallic spot gloss or glitter/holographic effect should have been used

41aLKYcw9JL.jpg

only better would be this(below) minus the text at the top
220px-Movie_poster_the_little_mermaid.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Thanks to Santa, I am up to date with Disney steels(though turns out I got rid of Chicken Little ages ago so need to hunt down a 3D disc for the steelbook, to match....)

Not all are from this collection, I've many Nova's, Kimchi's and even many of the noughties USA steel's.

Still hoping they release a few more though not at the speed they did the last 6(3 months from start to finish on these...)

Reactions: DrH
Is there an update on this list (see below) after Chicken Little? Would be super helpful....seems like Zavvi hasn't released any classics anymore for a while now?

I can only think of two:

#56 - Wreck-it-Ralph Breaks the Internet, March 2019
#?? - Frozen 2, March 2020 - no number on the side

Here you go.
In order of release . . . spine numbers printed on the O-ring spines . . . without double checking seem to remember missing spine numbers on FANTASIA and TREASURE PLANET):-
(NB: Lenticular classics not included - apart from LILO - as they were re-releases)

31 - ALADDIN - July 2013

19 - THE JUNGLE BOOK - August 2013

28 - THE LITTLE MERMAID - September 2013

3 - FANTASIA - January 2014
51 - WRECK-IT RALPH - ditto

4 - DUMBO - February 2014
15 - LADY AND THE TRAMP - ditto
14 - PETER PAN - ditto

17 - 101 DALMATIANS - March 2014
52 - FROZEN - ditto

5 - BAMBI - April 2014
12 - CINDERELLA - ditto

13 - ALICE IN WONDERLAND - June 2014
21 - ROBIN HOOD - ditto

35 - HERCULES - July 2014
2 - PINOCCHIO - ditto
36 - MULAN - ditto

20 - THE ARISTOCATS - August 2014
34 - THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE-DAME - ditto

33 - POCAHONTAS - September 2014
23 - THE RESCUERS - ditto

24 - THE FOX AND THE HOUND - October 2014

50 - TANGLED - November 2014

16 - SLEEPING BEAUTY - December 2014
1 - SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARFS - ditto
37 - TARZAN - ditto
32 - THE LION KING - ditto
30 - BEAUTY & THE BEAST - ditto

gold ovals jettisoned here to be replaced with new style numbering on those that followed

53 - BIG HERO 6 - March 2015

39 - THE EMPEROR'S NEW GROOVE - June 2015
18 - THE SWORD IN THE STONE - ditto
43 - BROTHER BEAR - ditto

49 - THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG - October 2015

42 - TREASURE PLANET - February 2016

54 - ZOOTROPOLIS - July 2016

41 - LILO & STITCH - April 2017
55 - MOANA - ditto

47 - MEET THE ROBINSONS - September 2018

48 - BOLT - October 2018
40 - ATLANTIS - ditto