The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, lets not derail this whole thread over items from one seller with an ongoing back and forth discussion as some may be subscribed to the thread getting every reply. This is a little bit of a unique situation as olena is also a member here and has a ton of items to sell. As Olena said feel free to contact her privately to continue any negotions and she can decide whether she will work with you one on one. Thanks all! :)

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

I knew when I put them up that there would be response in this way. My top 10 steels are advertised at a good profit I would agree. The Iron Man and Rambo have both recently sold on Ebay for 350 GBP each.
I understand that I will make a loss on the rest of my collection. Any profit I make from my Top 10 will go a little way to make up for this loss.
I could go on to substantiate my reasons for the pricing but Im sure they will settle somewhere in the mid ground where I make a small profit and the buyer gets something he couldnt get elsewhere but was happy to complete his steel collection, instead of wait and maybe never get it.
Last night I received an offer for Le Grand Bleu of 30 GBP. Perhaps I should have accepted it?
If anyone wants to make me private offers for anything in future you can reach me on my private email [email protected].
Complete discretion will be offered.
You can see my complete collection of steels on this site in the relevant picture section.
Final point...I do not want to sell this collection....I have to. There will be many bargains to be had with me in the future, but like anything the prices will find there own level in their own time.
Many thanks again for peoples kind words about what happened to me and watch this space for the sale of the century to come. And yes John, that Wolfman will be yours in time FOC. Thank you for your past support.

Warm regards, Olena. :emb:

Well that makes more sense, make up more of your losses on the big ones then you can sell the others for a bit cheaper and perhaps on forums (such as this) and not get hit with any ebay seller fees.

There is a John Rambo steel currently on eBay for £500 and it's not even sealed with a few slight dinks on it

Yeah, Ironpack is fine (I own this and a few others myself) but the high price and inaccurate description is just annoying to me, LOL

That's not that high-by the time shipping, possible customs was added to that, and Ebay fees taken out, there's not much left...