The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that some listings are 'Brand New', but in the description it says 'Condition Brand New but without the shrinkwrap'. To me, that would not be brand new.

Yeah, that's what i remember as well. Hopefully she can sell them for the prices she wants. I'd imagine the ultra rare titles will sell. There's always a buyer somewhere willing to spend the money.

I don't think she will sell them at the prices she is seeking. Way too high.

I noticed that some listings are 'Brand New', but in the description it says 'Condition Brand New but without the shrinkwrap'. To me, that would not be brand new.

Especially coming from places that shrink wrap the steels.

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

There is no way I would pay $800+ dollars for Iron Man :hilarious:

She just listed my most wanted SB...Wanted (DE)...Way above my valuation!

You missed out yesterday, as one sold for $155.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

She must be selling her entire collection. I think she is wasting her time posting with the prices she is. I don't think even "hardcore got to have it now" people will pay the prices she wants.

My reasons.

Hi Guys, Didnt want to insult you by putting my rare ones on this site at my wild prices. I paid a helluva lot for some them and I have a 30 day sale. I am taking offers as you can see.
I will be selling everything else in my collection at cost price and will hopefully be arranging a list here for you all in due course. Many warm regards, Olena.

Hi Guys, Didnt want to insult you by putting my rare ones on this site at my wild prices. I paid a helluva lot for some them and I have a 30 day sale. I am taking offers as you can see.
I will be selling everything else in my collection at cost price and will hopefully be arranging a list here for you all in due course. Many warm regards, Olena.

I think you may have to bite the bullet as it were, and take what you can get for your nice steels.

If you want real action, you might be better served having an open auction and let the chips fall where they may. Otherwise, you will probably be stuck with your steels, unless you come way, way down on your prices.

I must say, thanks for this post!

I would go for some of your items but I find the postage of 15 GBP a deal killer.

I'm with you on this Olena, was reluctant to give them all out even at cost.
Your recent loss is the same as mine and it really got me thinking again when you posted your decision here.

There are others thing that is more important than steelbook.

Wish you good luck on all your sales.

I still think many of the prices are ridiculous. But if you can sell them for that, kudos. Tho most of those prices are a huge profit. ;)

I still think many of the prices are ridiculous. But if you can sell them for that, kudos. Tho most of those prices are a huge profit. ;)

I knew when I put them up that there would be response in this way. My top 10 steels are advertised at a good profit I would agree. The Iron Man and Rambo have both recently sold on Ebay for 350 GBP each.
I understand that I will make a loss on the rest of my collection. Any profit I make from my Top 10 will go a little way to make up for this loss.
I could go on to substantiate my reasons for the pricing but Im sure they will settle somewhere in the mid ground where I make a small profit and the buyer gets something he couldnt get elsewhere but was happy to complete his steel collection, instead of wait and maybe never get it.
Last night I received an offer for Le Grand Bleu of 30 GBP. Perhaps I should have accepted it?
If anyone wants to make me private offers for anything in future you can reach me on my private email [email protected].
Complete discretion will be offered.
You can see my complete collection of steels on this site in the relevant picture section.
Final point...I do not want to sell this collection....I have to. There will be many bargains to be had with me in the future, but like anything the prices will find there own level in their own time.
Many thanks again for peoples kind words about what happened to me and watch this space for the sale of the century to come. And yes John, that Wolfman will be yours in time FOC. Thank you for your past support.

Warm regards, Olena. :emb: