The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the descriptions from socrates items consist of lies!!

Last time he listed The Thing he wanted 1900€ for it and wrote in the description he also paid that amount to get it and he wont make any profit with this ebay listing and now he decreased the price by 800€ and tells everyone "i would never spend that amount of money for a steelbook" ????

Some of the descriptions from socrates items consist of lies!!

Last time he listed The Thing he wanted 1900€ for it and wrote in the description he also paid that amount to get it and he wont make any profit with this ebay listing and now he decreased the price by 800€ and tells everyone "i would never spend that amount of money for a steelbook" ????

It's called being a used car salesmen. He will say anything and sell his soul to make the sell. :rolleyes:

Reactions: spartan83
I suggest everyone put Socrates on your block list. I just caught him lying. He is listing a bourne and says its mint when it clearly has scratches all over it. I questioned him after I made a bid and he said he wont tolerate anyone questioning if you are going to get a mint copy. OMG. So we are supposed to pony up big money and not question if it is going to be mint when it clearly has scratches. Ive heard it all now.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

At least I don't see any suspicious bidding on his items as most of them sold at believable prices. There is one ebayer definitely using some agent or an alternate account to increase bid on select items.

If this is directed at me lgans your very wrong. Its funny how much you say this yet you continue to bid on all my items. In fact most of my auctions are sold at a loss, so how in the heck can you even say that with a strait face.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Reactions: Marina Blue