The Terminator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play Exclusive) [UK] HDN CHOOSES ART

Which Inside Art Do You Want? HDN COMMUNITY DECIDES!!!

• Choice #1 for Me!

Votes: 144 51.4%
  • Choice #2 for Me!

Votes: 48 17.1%
  • Choice #3 for Me!

Votes: 20 7.1%
  • Choice #4 for Me!

Votes: 68 24.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Release date: October 1st, 2012
Purchase link: The Terminator (Sold-out)
Notes: Region Free, Confirmed to have a NEW Blu-Ray master.

31294786_300x300_1.jpg

Embossed / debossed front, inside art, rear art, no logos etc
31294786_700x700min_1.jpg

31294786_700x700min_6.jpg

31294786_700x700min_4.jpg

Original vote: (Closed)
Also got 4 interior art options for HDN community to vote on which we will use in the final product.
choice1.jpg

choice2.jpg

choice3.jpg

choice4.jpg

Specs:
- 1 disc
- Widescreen 16:9 1.85:1
- Sound: English 5.1 DTS HD-MA, Spanish 5.1 DD, French 5.1 DTS, Japanese 5.1 DTS, Portugese 2.0 DD stereo, Thai 2.0 DD Stereo
- Languages: English for the hearing impaired, Spanish, Danish, Finnish, French, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, (There may be more languages but the info cut off here!!)
- Spec features -
Creating the Terminator: Visual Effects and Music
Terminator: A Retrospective
Terminated scenes

Actual pictures: (courtesy of Naughtius Maximus)
Term.jpg

term22.jpg

DSC_0019.JPG

Attachments

• terminator1.jpg
    terminator1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 998
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,156
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 614
Last edited by a moderator:
god what a pain in the rear getting my order from royal mail (shoulda had it on saturday), but now finally in hands.

It's a nice looking steel with good design and i really like the new artwork (all SB should use hard to find or brand new artwork, rather that coping out with the standard movie poster a/w like Prometheus imo). The embossed lettering is great and so is the spine and back a/w :)

Only real complaint is as to why the other fox releases were £10 and included a extra DVD disc, while Terminator is £14 and just has the bluray. I'm no fan of DVD (see previous rant posts) but thinking for others who like the format, leaving it out and adding another £4 on the price seems like poor value for money be honest. (it's only £1 cheaper than some of HMV's new releases, like Amazing Spiderman) I know the other fox releases didn't have embossing, but i don't think that justifies the £4 price hike.

One more thing, i think both previous Predator and Wolverine fox exclusives are significantly better looking and better designed than this release, though i remain happy overall with the look of this Terminator steelbook, and look forward to watching Terminator for the 1st time on bluray :movie:

god what a pain in the rear getting my order from royal mail (shoulda had it on saturday), but now finally in hands.

It's a nice looking steel with good design and i really like the new artwork (all SB should use hard to find or brand new artwork, rather that coping out with the standard movie poster a/w like Prometheus imo). The embossed lettering is great and so is the spine and back a/w :)

Only real complaint is as to why the other fox releases were £10 and included a extra DVD disc, while Terminator is £14 and just has the bluray. I'm no fan of DVD (see previous rant posts) but thinking for others who like the format, leaving it out and adding another £4 on the price seems like poor value for money be honest. (it's only £1 cheaper than some of HMV's new releases, like Amazing Spiderman) I know the other fox releases didn't have embossing, but i don't think that
justifies the £4 price hike.

One more thing, i think both previous Predator and Wolverine fox exclusives are significantly better looking and better designed than this release, though i remain happy overall with the look of this Terminator steelbook, and look forward to watching Terminator for the 1st time on bluray :movie:

I'm guessing it was priced a little higher because it was a big movie. Sales were guaranteed as a lot if people wanted the movie. I personally think £14 is still a reasonable price for an embossed
steelbook with inside artwork. I know the other titles were priced lower but I think that everyone has got used to the lower prices and is expecting all the others to be the same. It's not too long ago when every Steelbook release was £16-18 so I'm happy that the prices are lower than they used to be.

I don't mind paying the extra considering it had the new transfer. Had they decided not to restore it, there's a good chance it would have been £9.99.

Reactions: Marina Blue
I don't mind paying the extra considering it had the new transfer. Had they decided not to restore it, there's a good chance it would have been £9.99.

I'd agree with you snooloui - if it was the same old disc, I would probably have passed on this edition - but happily will pay some extra for a new transfer. :)

Reactions: Marina Blue
a few £ extra for a new transfer is fine, but to price it almost the same as a 1-disc new release AND remove the additional double-play DVD (which might of included extras not found on the bluray) went too far i think.

But like i said before, overall i am happy with the quality of this SB :movie: