• Other

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2015
Good morning ninjas!

Having taken the feedback to the business regarding Walking Dead Steelbooks, we are progressing these for season 4 and 5.

The next question is the artwork....who would you like to see on the cover of season 5? We are using the Governor on season 4.

Please vote using the choices....or if you have any other suggestions let me know to add them to the poll!

Thanks,

Adrian

Update via Jock's IG account:

Instagram_photo_by_Jock_Nov_5_2015_at_1_42pm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think these will be coming out, because the artwork has been made after all, so there's no reason why they'd stop now is there?

I do think these will be coming out, because the artwork has been made after all, so there's no reason why they'd stop now is there?
Who knows, it's a bit strange that there has been no updates since. I'm not sure if these will ever be released.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Probably to coincide with series coming back on air or soon to be announced with the BD editions of last season starting to flock up. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

• Thanks
Reactions: bigfub and dfoles
This is why I never bought these from scratch. I love the artwork but there was never any certainty of continuity. I am glad I skipped.
Plus there are likely more seasons to come for a few years. Probably worth waiting until the show ends and grabbing a full set like they did with Breaking Bad.
I'm also not a fan of the single and jumbo mix.

• Thanks
Reactions: Willzy123
Will you be buying seasons 1-3 if they keep their word and release seasons four through six in the same style? @Dazzler_31117
Although it doesn't look too promising at the moment, personally I do believe it is going to happen. I got no "backup strategy" if not. But for the moment, I don't want to think about this worst case scenario at all, and keep my positive attitude.

• Thanks
Will you be buying seasons 1-3 if they keep their word and release seasons four through six in the same style? @Dazzler_31117
Although it doesn't look too promising at the moment, personally I do believe it is going to happen. I got no "backup strategy" if not. But for the moment, I don't want to think about this worst case scenario at all, and keep my positive attitude.

I think at this stage it is unlikely. I know the earlier seasons are now cheaper but I'm not a fan of the jumbo anyway. I have been 'umm-ing' and 'ahh-ing' about this collection ever since they first came out
and I am swaying now more towards not getting any and waiting for something special in a few years time. A steel box set with brand new art perhaps and continuity in size? None of us have a crystal ball
unfortunately but if I was a betting man I would say something complete will come out in future.

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I think at this stage it is unlikely. I know the earlier seasons are now cheaper but I'm not a fan of the jumbo anyway. I have been 'umm-ing' and 'ahh-ing' about this collection ever since they first came out
and I am swaying now more towards not getting any and waiting for something special in a few years time. A steel box set with brand new art perhaps and continuity in size? None of us have a crystal ball
unfortunately but if I was a betting man I would say something complete will come out in future.

I only bought 1-3 just in case they'd sell out before the final season one was made, I'll probably just sell them if they stop production of these :( They look so damn good though....

even if they totally got Season 2 and 3 cover wrong. Shane should have been on Season 2, The Governor on 3, and Michonne/Hershel on 4. Carol for 5 and Glenn for 6 are perfect though.

No way I'd be selling seasons 1-3 if they didn't continue the line. @Willzy123 As you said, the steelbooks are so well made, even with season 3 being a jumbo (which I actually don't mind as much as some of you), that I just can't see me parting with them. ;)

• Thanks
This is why I never bought these from scratch. I love the artwork but there was never any certainty of continuity. I am glad I skipped.
Plus there are likely more seasons to come for a few years. Probably worth waiting until the show ends and grabbing a full set like they did with Breaking Bad.
I'm also not a fan of the single and jumbo mix.

I can see TWD carrying on for a good few years yet haha. You may be waiting a long time for a full set !

I'm sure I read something from the directors a while ago that said something along the lines of if the demand is there we have ideas that will take us up to around 17 seasons or something

And that was around 2 years ago lol

I wouldn't be giving up hope on these just yet! We know Jocks been working on them so I assume he's been paid for his work! Steelbooks are notorious for running late when it comes to release dates and I believe in the old saying "No news is good news!"

• Thanks
Status
Not open for further replies.