X-Men - First Class (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Play.com Exclusive) [UK]

jimmy

Generator
Premium Supporter
May 4, 2010
UK...
X-Men - First Class

Play.com Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook :scat:

http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/20270258/X-Men-First-Class-Triple-Play/Product.html

Release Date: 31 October 2011

20270258_500x500_2-1.jpg

Actual pics thanks to os5889
x-men_front.jpg

x-men_back.jpg

Comparison to French Ed-thanks Drum18:

Received this today (tx to :ninja:) and here's a quick comparison with the Uk edition if you wonder (like me) if you should get it:
View attachment 14133
View attachment 14134
View attachment 14135
+ No logo on front
+ Embossed X-Men logo
+ Debossed front
+ No text in the back
+ Inside art
+ Booklet :scat:
- French title
- French spine (upside down)

Attachments

• 20270258_700x700min_1.jpg
    20270258_700x700min_1.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 550
  • 20270258_700x700min_2.jpg
    20270258_700x700min_2.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:
past xmen blu rays have been reg free (or a and b) but fox lock more often than not.
avatar extended was locked (had to switch the discs in my korean steely for uk discs) and usual suspects digibook was locked. as were the us bond steelbooks (although uk bond discs are reg free).
i think fox usually do a decent job of steels (although they really should do a lot more. i cant think of many from them. compared to sony and warners)

it should be a rarity in years to come. another star trek/scott pilgrim i reckon.

More volunteers needs to front up group buy. Please contact apsmith21 or myself URGENTLY. If you can only get a couple I can front you to 5. We are about 20 short on this GB, that's 5 lots of 4.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I'd like to get this one. Does Play.com ship to US?

Visit my group buy thread in the group buy forum.

More volunteers needs to front up group buy. Please contact apsmith21 or myself URGENTLY. If you can only get a couple I can front you to 5. We are about 20 short on this GB, that's 5 lots of 4.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

One other member here has said he might have 4 for me Dave. I've contacted a couple other UK friends as well. We'll see what we can come up with. I think we'll be able to pull enough together. ;)

Last edited:
Was hoping to avoid ordering from play.com as a protest against the last item I ordered. The packaging can't protect steelbook very well, my source code arrived with a big ding on the spine, managed to fix it but had to open it to do so. :-(
But anyway seeing as xmen is an exclusive will have to cross my fingers it will arrive in mint ( this one I don't want to open).

i pre ordered 3 the moment they became available, this film for me was one of those cinema experiences where you're blown away. saw the film with my gf then again less than 24 hours later with my housemates, and loved it just as much. last time i saw a film less then 24 hours after release was nightmare on elm street(rerelease of course) and i literally fell asleep after 40 minutes. anyway i personally can't wait for this to arrive.

though like plainview i'm worried, play are awful with these things, even though its a preorder i expect it to come way after release, and i'm gona have to pray it gets to me undamaged.

Reactions: ETSC
hmm..should i cancel my xmen preorder from Amazon.fr??
Likely to be G1 for fr ver right??

The picture looks G1, but I don't think anyone has got their hands on a copy yet. But once you get confirmation, I'm sure you will be able to place your orderm, since this is not an exclusive unless you like G1 steelbooks.

hmm..should i cancel my xmen preorder from Amazon.fr??
Likely to be G1 for fr ver right??

Fairly certain that the French X-Men will be G2. ;)

Looks all my spots are reserved for the UK edition, but if any Canada or USA member finds themselves left without a steelbook, I might be convinced to add a few copies of the French steelbook. :naughty:

Reactions: digitalbabe