Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 573
Last edited by a moderator:
I am just a formerly enthusiastic but now disgruntled collector who is fed up of reading the same complaints in every thread. I am tired of being ridiculed for simply sharing my opinion.

As I said - maybe you're lucky - but I have had many problems - just like many others -- LIFE is a matter of opinion --
I said what I said (in the wrong thread) - but you are happy to say 'your opinion piece' -- fine --

Your opinion doesn't change many frustrating and hopeless dealings - you don't seems to be able to separate yourself from the issue --

Start - by not making it about you, maybe - and respect that maybe other people have had many frustrations and HOPE they don't in the future - // and guess what - NO problems with any other retailer - except them /

It's true - you ONLY EVER HEAR THE BAD NEWS -- mostly - but the fact is - there is too much smoke here for there not be a raging fires -

A fire of disappointment and dread that causes an enjoyable hobby to be constantly driven into the ground by poor business practices -

Maybe try being helpful and showing empathy to the frustrated instead of flying a righteous flag -

Earlier in this thread - I offered help to someone with ZAVVI account problems - and honestly shared my mixed up account experience in case it helped - admitting I worked out the problem and I was to blame ( in this issue )

Even though I was totally confused - sent screen shot info, explaining my confusion, worried I'd lost a bunch of pre-orders,,,- EVEN though they responded to the E-Mail address in question to my 'extra' account, but said that didn't exist (which I'd had to set up cause the other one broke for a short time) - they didn't even look or read or try -- days of confusion - and hopeless support -- just cut and paste rubbish //

But - big thanks to you - for letting reflect publically my continued frustration and disappointment - cheers for that

If people don't speak up - the truth is lost --

welcome to 2015

My personal experience is not yours to question - or force me to defend - until you suddenly decide to inject yourself into the situation with grandiose personal judgments //

? Not sure what you mean @jailbird_joey your post remained too (scroll up).

Hi - no, on the original thread (in WALL_e) I could still see SNOOLOI comments defending ZAVVI while the other were moved // and sorry about that - but I'm new here and didn't appreciate being lectured to by someone who was luck enough to NOT have problems --

I appreciate the boards here -- long time viewer - and greatly enjoyed the education on different titles --

Just worried is seems there might be a few stooges with agendas -

Look forward to not having to defend my personal opinion, I share in the hope of improved service - since not other messages work directly,, and going back to enjoying the info /7 cheers

@jailbird_joey I don't think I defended Zavvi in my post. I simply said that if a person reports so many negative experiences then it is suprising that they continue to order from Zavvi. That is just common sense.

Guys, as is typical when these ongoing personal disagreements between two members occur, please take it to pms so anyone reading the thread doesn't need to be involved in your disagreement. Thanks.

Despite all the complaints I hear about Zavvi, in my experience, yes I've had issues with damaged items, but I have never, ever been left out of pocket when it comes to refunds, it may take some time with numerous emails back and forth, but refunds have always been resolved in the end.

I would make note though, that if you return something to zavvi after a credit card expires, they can't issue refunds to the same card, and you will either be offered a phone call to give them your bank accounts details for a credit into that or a refund in the form of account credit in your zavvi account.

What I do have issue with is the use of Collect+ for returning items, I'm lucky that my local Asda offer a drop off point and its a short walk, so no issue for me, but before Asda started collect+, the nearest point was a mile away, which was very inconvenient.

Has anyone been offered alternative arrangements, ie Royal Mail or collections for returns ?

Ordered The Losers on release day and VouchC5 didn't work.
Today it did. Color me confused.
Do they just turn it on and off depending on the title, time of day....what?

Not sure if case here, but often retailers do not put certain vouchers live on release day so they can maximize margin as the price of new releases is usually highest on that release day.

Just a quick question guys because my debit card just expire and I got new one (same account ,different card number) just wonder if mine pre orders safe with that change ?

Just a quick question guys because my debit card just expire and I got new one (same account ,different card number) just wonder if mine pre orders safe with that change ?
I doubt it.
When my card expired I had to delete it from my account, and buy something with the new one to register it.
I would try customer services.
Good luck with that one!![emoji2]

Reactions: morfeusz
In my experience your pre-orders are perfectly safe.

When Zavvi attempts to charge your card, it fails, and you will get a "payment problem" email and you'll have an opportunity to specify on-line a different card.

Before that happens, neither Zavvi nor you can change the credit card used when placing the order.

In my experience your pre-orders are perfectly safe.

When Zavvi attempts to charge your card, it fails, and you will get a "payment problem" email and you'll have an opportunity to specify on-line a different card.

Before that happens, neither Zavvi nor you can change the credit card used when placing the order.

Thanks guys for help . I try first your way and it works :)