Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 564
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Reactions: gaeljet
Ranavalone thanks for your reply, do teh tracked items get delivered quicker at least?
Three tracked shipments took six days from "Order despatched" email to delivery, one was five days (fourth arrived today).

While I've received regular untracked shipments from Zavvi sometimes in 4-6 days, they typically take a bit longer - around ten days would be my guesstimate.

RE: XTRA-VISION/HMV ONLINE ORDERING OF HMV EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOKS
Reply received from Xtra-vision to my recent enquiry which may or may not be of interest to anyone who doesn't have a local HMV anymore and consequently has trouble picking up these HMV Exclusive steelbooks:-
- Steelbooks and most other products are generally the same price instore vs online however with some online products prices vary as our instore business does match our online business.
- Generally products will not have stickers attached however on very rare occasions this can occur.
- We take a pre-authorised charge for the product ordered - this payment will then process and transfer to our payment account only after we have dispatched the goods.
- We do not have a guaranteed list of steelbook stock as orders can change with suppliers etc - if we have the item available to pre-order we are confident there will be no issues receiving this product.
Kind regards
Customer Support Team
Xtra-vision & HMV
I'm still awaiting response to steelbook packaging used for dispatch?

• Informative
Reactions: augustus
RE: XTRA-VISION/HMV ONLINE ORDERING OF HMV EXCLUSIVE STEELBOOKS
Reply received from Xtra-vision to my recent enquiry which may or may not be of interest to anyone who doesn't have a local HMV anymore and consequently has trouble picking up these HMV Exclusive steelbooks:-
- Steelbooks and most other products are generally the same price instore vs online however with some online products prices vary as our instore business does match our online business.
- Generally products will not have stickers attached however on very rare occasions this can occur.
- We take a pre-authorised charge for the product ordered - this payment will then process and transfer to our payment account only after we have dispatched the goods.
- We do not have a guaranteed list of steelbook stock as orders can change with suppliers etc - if we have the item available to pre-order we are confident there will be no issues receiving this product.
Kind regards
Customer Support Team
Xtra-vision & HMV
I'm still awaiting response to steelbook packaging used for dispatch?

Interesting but you've posted in the Zavvi thread.

Quick question, which has probably been asked countless times in here already (239 pages though :dead:), so apologies...

I'm trying to make an order on Zavvi, but my current card expires tomorrow, so it won't allow me to make any more orders using it and is asking me to pick/add a new card. However, I already have existing Zavvi pre-orders on my expiring card which I fear may suddenly get cancelled if I add a new card at this moment (apparently this has happened to others in the past). My buddy @Flloydo told me not so long ago that the safest way to do it is to wait for them to contact me telling me to update my card details for existing pre-orders, so that's what I've been waiting for, but obviously I can't make new orders until they do get in touch.

Anyone any suggestions/advice?

Reactions: Flloydo
Quick question, which has probably been asked countless times in here already (239 pages though :dead:), so apologies...

I'm trying to make an order on Zavvi, but my current card expires tomorrow, so it won't allow me to make any more orders using it and is asking me to pick/add a new card. However, I already have existing Zavvi pre-orders on my expiring card which I fear may suddenly get cancelled if I add a new card at this moment (apparently this has happened to others in the past). My buddy @Flloydo told me not so long ago that the safest way to do it is to wait for them to contact me telling me to update my card details for existing pre-orders, so that's what I've been waiting for, but obviously I can't make new orders until they do get in touch.

I've got the same thing with my Avengers order. The card I ordered with has been removed from my Zavvi account (by me) and I've added new card details.

What should happen is that I will get an email when it comes to processing my order asking me to update my card details. At that point I should be able to point it to my new card.

That's what happened last time I changed cards anyway.

Not sure what to do about placing new orders though, unless you've got your new card details to set up in your account already?

Hope it works out for you mate

• Helpful Post
  • Informative
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo

I have another account with a few orders on from earlier in the year and I had payment problems for the marvel animated steelbook the last few days and I've just gone into that account and updated my payment with my new card I got last month. So you should be fine. They usually send out the item the next day though.
In terms of making a new order if you have a new order then it shouldn't be a problem as I have some orders on that account with my old card (which I'll wait for my payment problem email - you just go into the account and resolve it) and orders with my new card details. The only thing I can think that may stop you from ordering with your new card is if the start date is from tomorows date and then you will have to order from tomorrow. Hope this helps mate

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Interesting but you've posted in the Zavvi thread.
Yes, quite true, but the reason for that is because this is the conclusion of a thread bumped here from the new ROGER RABBIT ANNIVERSARY STEELBOOK thread by the powers-that-be because it was off-topic. I had praised this new steelbook (and the retailer) and expressed a preference to it over the "overrated" original (imho - better layout of the front, more attractive colouring - It will be nice to have a steelbook with a gold spine as they are very rare - in fact the only other steelbook on my shelves that I can see at first glance with a gold spine is "The Devil's Double"). This resulted in cries of indignation from other contributors who seem to feel that the original is a sacred object and consequently not up for criticism and resulted in a few uncomplimentary comments but I take it all in good humour as the "new guy".

Hello X XXXXXXX,
Thanks for contacting us at zavvi.
Please do not reply to us at this e-mail address as we will not receive your message. This is an automated response.

For your records, your original query was:
would post photos but your upload is not working properly and doesn't even appear on this page

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:
Hello ,

Thank you for getting in touch about order 51900857.

I am sorry to hear that the item was received damaged. We take every measure to ensure that items are delivered securely to our customers.

Please can you send photos of the damage as an attachment through the message centre by clicking on the upload file button and browsing for your document.

You will also be given the option to include a paragraph of text to accompany the attachment and provide details of your query.

Once we have received the photographs, we can assess the damage and arrange a suitable solution for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Matt

zavvi.com Customer Service Team

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello X XXXXXXX,
Thanks for contacting us at zavvi.
Please do not reply to us at this e-mail address as we will not receive your message. This is an automated response.

For your records, your original query was:
would post photos but your upload is not working properly and doesn't even appear on this page

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:
Hello ,

Thank you for getting in touch about order 51900857.

I am sorry to hear that the item was received damaged. We take every measure to ensure that items are delivered securely to our customers.

Please can you send photos of the damage as an attachment through the message centre by clicking on the upload file button and browsing for your document.

You will also be given the option to include a paragraph of text to accompany the attachment and provide details of your query.

Once we have received the photographs, we can assess the damage and arrange a suitable solution for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Matt

zavvi.com Customer Service Team

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bunch of useless keyboard monkeys. Have you gone into your email program and replied with an attatchment there ?, reply to [email protected] and they should reply to that..

Yes, quite true, but the reason for that is because this is the conclusion of a thread bumped here from the new ROGER RABBIT ANNIVERSARY STEELBOOK thread by the powers-that-be because it was off-topic".

Wasn't aware it was because your post had been moved. That said, given that the content of your post is only relevant to people purchasing from HMV/Xtra-Vision, it serves no useful purpose to anyone being buried away here in the Zavvi thread.

Perhaps the solution would be to report your own post (#4779) and get one of the Mods to move it to the correct HMV/Xtra-Vision thread.

Hadn't realised there were separate threads for each retailer - 240 pages for Zavvi...Wow!
I just thought that steelbooks is why we are here so any potentially useful information to assist in purchasing them should be disseminated.

I hope this rigid brown pouch is temporary. I'm amazed my Steelbook made it here unscathed.
View attachment 151346
I'd be interested if you could tell me the SENDERS address from where Zavvi sent that. Zavvi have multiple warehouses with Guernsey, Channel Islands the normal despatch site for Steelbooks, occasionally they use Warrington (HQ) which usually send out in those crappy cardboard A1 mailers.

I just received a steelbook from Zavvi in one of the mailing boxes... came from Guernsey. Though, I'm afraid to open it...

zavvipackaging-jpg.151438

Attachments

• zavvipackaging.jpg
    zavvipackaging.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 277