Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]

Zavvi.jpg

**Retailer charges cards when items ship

Per update received at HDN, starting with August 4,2014 releases, Zavvi will ship in boxes again.

[email protected]

Possible contact #s:

- 08442 640702
- 01606 336169
- 08442 439088

Thanks yeslek!

Current packaging is a cardboard mailer with the steelbook usually wrapped in either a layer of bubble wrap or foam

Update 9/5/2013:

https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/showpost.php?p=753977&postcount=1732

Current packaging-thanks dv8mad:

Previous packaging:

3/20/2013 Comparison of Play's old packaging to Zavvi's new packaging-thanks Zesty!

newpackage.jpg

14/03/2013 By Wreck:
I now have confirmation that I can announce ... for all those worried about future packaging from Zavvi. My Play contact has been working with zavvi as well on this mission for better packaging. Between the 3 of us and the future comments from this community after its in place I'm sure it will be go over well.
View attachment 29368
from the pick line ......... :thumbs:
foam inside

1/19/2013 Member Nyvo tweeted Zaavi about packaging concerns. They said they may be looking into alternate packaging methods.

Zavvi shipping international list:
Zavvi UK

Box update1- 1/7/2014

Box update 2-1/17//2014-we're told they have boxes again.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 573
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got my first damaged order from Zavvi (I'm in Canada) and the steelbook looks like someone smashed it with a rock - and yet the shipping box was perfectly fine.
They had to have packed that as damaged already - offered me £1.20 refund to keep it. What? The reason we buy steelies is for the steelbook! If I didn't care I would buy the cheaper amaray cases - in Canada!
I did eventually get the refund of the £7.99 for the book, but shipping in Canada is stupid pricey. Literally cost me another £8 to ship it back.
We'll see what they do, but I've probably order about 40 steels from them that I can't get here and their shipping price of £1 is much more reasonable than the €9 Amazon Europe charges.

Its been a while since i ordered from zavvi when i lived in uk but if i remember they packed steelbooks very well. I cant remember if that changes later.
But how are they these days for packing steelbooks.
Im looking to order one to send to australia where i am now but bit worried it not get damaged in transit.
I try and keep away from them on other editions as there packing is not best.
But what about the steelbooks

Its been a while since i ordered from zavvi when i lived in uk but if i remember they packed steelbooks very well. I cant remember if that changes later.
Im looking to order one to send to australia where i am now but bit worried it not get damaged in transit.

Wrong thread, my friend.

You can get all information here:
https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/zavvi-retailer-chat-europe.22531/

Well, I got my first damaged order from Zavvi (I'm in Canada) and the steelbook looks like someone smashed it with a rock - and yet the shipping box was perfectly fine.
They had to have packed that as damaged already - offered me £1.20 refund to keep it. What? The reason we buy steelies is for the steelbook! If I didn't care I would buy the cheaper amaray cases - in Canada!
I did eventually get the refund of the £7.99 for the book, but shipping in Canada is stupid pricey. Literally cost me another £8 to ship it back.
We'll see what they do, but I've probably order about 40 steels from them that I can't get here and their shipping price of £1 is much more reasonable than the €9 Amazon Europe charges.

Be happy it's just €9 from Eu Amazon. Shipping from Canada to Europe is €13.5. Some steelbooks are cheaper than shipping itself.
Why did you pay for shipping it back to Zavvi? You just explain to them that shipping it back costs more than the steelbook itself. That usually solves the problem.

ts been a while since i ordered from zavvi when i lived in uk but if i remember they packed steelbooks very well. I cant remember if that changes later.

ts been a while since i ordered from zavvi when i lived in uk but if i remember they packed steelbooks very well. I cant remember if that changes later.
They wrap the steelbook in a thin piece of foam and stick it in a white cardboard box. In my experience about 2% of the steelbooks I have ordered have arrived damaged due to shipping.

I would like to order the Beauty & the Beast Lenticular Edition steelbook but refuse to give them another dollar of my money. I have had too many problems with the few orders I have placed and even had trouble cancelling orders. The customer service is atrocious and borders on being combatitive... EVERY person I have emailed or called has been useless. They do not ask questions, make inquiries or gather information that might be needed to solve your problem nor do they offer suggestions or solutions and would rather argue about specifics than help. It has left me truly perplexed.... the only conclusion I can reach is that they simply don't care.

It's THE Zavvi! Hey dfoles :)
Hey Big Z! I have a question for you that'll probably get deleted because it's off topic. But here goes. What happened with the artwork on Batman Forever? It's the only one of the early Batman films where the logo is on the back and the movie poster is on the front.

I'm pleased to report that last weekend, I finally received a refund from Zavvi for an item they acknowledged they had received back from me on 13 January, so nearly 2 months (and LOTS of chase-up emails) later!!! o_O

Way to go Zavvi!! :ugh:

I recall seeing a few UK members on here saying they've ordered from one of Zavvi's other European sites before, so I'm just wondering how you go about doing that exactly... do you have to set up a completely new account? And do they charge extra postage (as if you're actually living in that country) despite still being in the UK? I want their recent Anarchy ZBOX, which only seems to still be available through their non-British sites. Any help/info would be appreciated! :)

Anyone seen that recent "top 5 steelbooks" post Zavvi did on Facebook

Urgh...the comments on that status. Lets just say I know why Zavvi hardly listens to feedback....because most consumers are idiots who'll eat up anything they feed them.

Sorry I know that comes up blunt but seeing people who are prasing the crap out of the Doctor Strange steelbook, the Rouge One steel or even the bloody awful Guardians of the Galaxy WRONG Walkman steelbook is dishearten

just got n E-Mail that My The Good, the Bad and The Ugly Steel book got cancelled. I oredered them even two days before they were added to the 2 for 12£ offer. So probably everyone will get cancelled, unless they are treating customers differently.... shame

Can someone please give me a means to speak to a Human at Zavvi? I'm at my wits end!

I've been going back and forth with their cruddy template bot emails for 3 days and I am no where. I've called the three numbers on the first page (1. is a recorded message. 2. Just Rings 3. was an infuriating call telling me they are Zavvi ebay and Zavvi don't have telephones)

I've literally spent thousands of pounds at Zavvi over the last 2 years.. and they treat their customers with such contempt I'm ashamed of the times I've defended them on forums. Joke's on me I guess!

If anyone has a direct email address or telephone number for someone at Zavvi who isn't a mindless bot I'd be in your debt.

Thanks

Can someone please give me a means to speak to a Human at Zavvi? I'm at my wits end!

I've been going back and forth with their cruddy template bot emails for 3 days and I am no where. I've called the three numbers on the first page (1. is a recorded message. 2. Just Rings 3. was an infuriating call telling me they are Zavvi ebay and Zavvi don't have telephones)

I've literally spent thousands of pounds at Zavvi over the last 2 years.. and they treat their customers with such contempt I'm ashamed of the times I've defended them on forums. Joke's on me I guess!

If anyone has a direct email address or telephone number for someone at Zavvi who isn't a mindless bot I'd be in your debt.

Thanks
You're certainly not alone with your frustration... I swear the majority of their CS team are just monkeys that have been taught how to copy and paste generic responses. I seem to have more luck by sending any queries to them through the @zavvihelp Twitter account. Failing that, I sometimes just keep sending the same email until I get a reply from someone that is actually a human being. Good luck!

Reactions: Hobiin
You're certainly not alone with your frustration... I swear the majority of their CS team are just monkeys that have been taught how to copy and paste generic responses. I seem to have more luck by sending any queries to them through the @zavvihelp Twitter account. Failing that, I sometimes just keep sending the same email until I get a reply from someone that is actually a human being. Good luck!

Thanks. They've just sent me another template bot email. I've tried twitter but so far they have ignored it. If anyone can help with contact info i'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Even when (if) you reach an actual person don't expect them to be helpful. Employees are not friendly and quick to pass your problem on to someone else... then someone else... then someone else but NOTHING gets done. Two of the customer "service" reps got defensive, combatitive and nasty but that would have been fine HAD MY PROBLEM BEEN SOLVED. I finally just decided to cancel all pre-orders but conveniently I was told they could not find my orders in the system and I was unable to cancel them online (glitch?). EIGHT emails and TWO additional phone calls got me nowhere but conveniently the orders showed back up line a week later (out of nowhere) and I was able to cancel them. The frustration literally made my blood boil to the point that it made me ill. Hope you have better luck (and more patience) than me!