Alien 1-6 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Ashish

Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Release date: September 18th, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99
Notes: Standard size steelbook (not a Jumbo Steelbook)

alienzavvi1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it looks good, the different heads on the cover is original but questioning why they dont have anything on the cover from Covenant. Hopefully they can change it, they can do without the egg tbh, and even the space jockey especially if they're going for images of the different xenos. The 6 film collection bit is naff, they could atleast just put "Alien Collection". Wonder what will be on the reverse...

It was Fox that put the kibosh on that idea, not Ridley Scott. It's dead. Let it go.

Ridley said it was dead

Guys bitter a younger director got more hype for an Alien film in concept art then he did then an actual film, Prometheus

It's like him going "ITS MY FRANCHISE MINE MINE MINE"

Needs one more Alien prequel to set Alien up so it all makes sense and then Alien 5 can happen

I think the artwork looks pretty cool and detailed. All depends on what the finish is like. In about 3-4 years time there be the third prequel and so many other other boxsets to consider. Looks nice but sadly will have to pass due to the third prequel.

Nope.
Artwork really isn't doing it for me (and I'm a massive fan of the franchise)...especially as it acknowledges the existence of Resurrection and Prometheus :whistle:
Why not something more like the original uk DVD quadrilogy DVD 'egg' art with similar embossing and coiled chestburster on the rear?
Alien-Quadrilogy-DVD-Zone-2-876845077_L.jpg

Or an image of the villain from the original who's most responsible for the crews deaths...Jonesey :rofl::rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
No logic to the positioning, its not in movie appearance from what I can tell as from top to bottom its:
  • Alien Queen (Aliens,Alien Resurrection)
  • Dog Alien/Runner (Alien 3)
  • Newborn (Alien Resurrection)
  • Deacon (Prometheus)
  • Big Chap (Alien)
  • Face hugger (Alien 1-4,covenant)
  • Space Jockey/Engineer (Alien, Prometheus)
Its not in size order either as it would Alien Queen then the Newborn then probably the Big chap and so on.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Hereticz
No logic to the positioning, its not in movie appearance from what I can tell as from top to bottom its:
  • Alien Queen (Aliens,Alien Resurrection)
  • Dog Alien/Runner (Alien 3)
  • Newborn (Alien Resurrection)
  • Deacon (Prometheus)
  • Big Chap (Alien)
  • Face hugger (Alien 1-4,covenant)
  • Space Jockey/Engineer (Alien, Prometheus)
Its not in size order either as it would Alien Queen then the Newborn then probably the Big chap and so on.

There's literally no rhyme nor reason is there? It's a mess, total cash grab.

Ridley said it was dead

Guys bitter a younger director got more hype for an Alien film in concept art then he did then an actual film, Prometheus

It's like him going "ITS MY FRANCHISE MINE MINE MINE"

Needs one more Alien prequel to set Alien up so it all makes sense and then Alien 5 can happen
Ridley Scott was the PRODUCER on that. If he were against it, would have not been the producer.
It was FOX that axed it. (Largely based on a ten page treatment, not a script).

I'm digging the artwork for this, but I think I'll hold off to see in hand pics to see how good it really looks. I've got the anthology boxe already, so I'm not feeling the rush to replace it yet.

Scooby stack or even Alien race (lol) as in "On your marks, get set, go".
scoobystack.jpg
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ScoobyStack

Even though tentative this artwork on an ALIEN steelbook would make a welcome change with its gorgeous pale blue and shiny silver / grey palette . . . 'specially as all the others released here in the U.K. are on the dull side with dark backgrounds (although not quite at the "Agent Carter" level lol). The least dull of the previous steels being the most recent of them . . . the 30th Anniversary edition of ALIENS.

41250_large.jpg
96327_large.jpg
92253_large.jpg
160567_large.jpg
170678_large.jpg
100327_large.jpg
50311_large.jpg
115531_large.jpg
111113_large.jpg
111112_large.jpg

11465943-9264483518197298.jpg

Alien 1-6 LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK
LESS THAN 200 LEFT!

16/5/17 (11:13 AM)
Alien 1-6 LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK
ONLY 100 REMAINING!

Last edited:
I always wondered, what's the reason for holding back on revealing designs?

Makes no difference if it's this week or next, right? Why sit on it?

This is what grinds me. Like the guardians vol 2 thread that had to be closed until 30 mins after pre order

It just makes them look more like idiots (the studios)