Beauty & the Beast (Lenticular) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
While the original release is great with the gloss and embossing for a new collector like myself who missed out on the original I'm super thrilled that they've re-released it and done the original proud. Yeah, the original has a better finish but this edition is gorgeous all the same

Whilst the original with its fully framed image and full gloss finish is a crackerjack steelbook this new one in a zero finish ain't half bad and I'm perfectly happy with both variations on a theme.

I slightly prefer the non-border look. Also, the grouping of other characters at the bottom is a nicer composition on the new steelbook. Just opinion, I know--but my preference is for the new. They're both good, of course.

really just shows how subpar this new set of releases is in some cases. They lentis have to be spectacular to make up for lack of embossing/debossing and gloss and so far they are all average at best. The lenticular card with the 3d release of Doctor Strange puts 90% of these to shame.

Reactions: gaeljet
The original release was close to perfect. Everything about it made it look elegant.

For me this release, as nice as it is can't touch the original. I think the front looks too cluttered and the back is a photshop nightmare.

Not sure whether to keep this release or stick with the red Ironpak that I've got on the shelf.