Beauty & the Beast (Lenticular) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 13, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i got my copy yesterday and i'm really disappointed, i dont like it at all, the art is just too crowded, love my iron pack but still i wanted to have a steelbook as well, well i think i have to keep looking for the original release!

• Thanks
Reactions: neo and jitstark
Unfortunately, I have to agree with the negativity on this one. Alignment is bad, image is blurry. Not very impressive.

The Disney lenticular wave has proven to be frustrating. The first one I got was The Lion King, which I actually like a lot more than most people here seemed to. I think it's quite a nice edition. But since then I've bought Toy Story, Tron Legacy, and Beauty and the Beast, all of which are totally disappointing. I canceled my preorder for Fantasia and will just wait until the price drops before buying any more of these.

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
I think if they're going to continue this kind of lenti magnet, they need to design cover images that don't require many details to line up. For this one and the Tron Legacy, there's no way to line up both sides of the image perfectly. Tron Legacy comes pretty close, but with Beauty and the Beast it's really obvious with the windows in the background. The Lion King is just about perfect, because no foreground elements have to line up, and Toy Story of course works because there's almost nothing on the border anyway. These are the only ones I've seen in person. Maybe there are others that work better. I expect Fantasia will be just fine.

Yep this is and tron both with pitiful alignment issues. Give me a full size lenticular cause this bullshit on these disney releases is complete crap.

Got mine, is lacking, not to mention my lenti looked like it was almost sideways, bonus for me was the 3D, didn't have that yet. Didn't get the Tron, after all the complaints think I'll stay away from some of these redo's....

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
The lenticular magnet does line up with the Disney steelbooks

Some magnets will move in transit which is normal

When you take the shrink wrap off just move the lenticular magnet into place

I have Frozen/Wreck-it Ralph//Finding Nemo/Tron Legacy
The Lenti magnet lines up perfect on them

Beauty and the beast it lines up 98%
It's 3D Depth with movement when you tilt the Steelbook the Lenti effect shifts that's normal

Last edited:
It's possible the lenticular sheets are cut with slight variations, so maybe some people get one that works better than others. For me, I can't get the right side of Tron Legacy to line up with the border no matter what I do or what angle I look at it, and neither side of Beauty and the Beast lines up very well. I also think the background of the Tron Legacy lenti is very mushy and indistinct, and the foreground characters (in front of the title) of Beauty and the Beast look like ghosts. I'm not saying Disney did less than they could; they might just be trying to do more than is really possible to do well.

But if you like it, then please go ahead and keep liking it! :) Nothing wrong with different opinions.