Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 20th, 2015
Purchase link: Sleepy Hollow
Price: £15.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
Per Zavvi on May 8,2015:
1500 copies shipped, 500 damaged in transit from supplier.
They are trying to obtain replacements.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and just because it is 2k limited quality, I wouldn't worry about scalpers buying loads and selling them on ebay. They probably already tried that and can't even shift their own stock for what they paid. As Delboy says, 'she who waits, wins' :)

Great news this is getting the steelbook treatment.

Really enjoyed this film. Great performances from Johnny Depp and Ricci but the star was the simple haunting performance from Christopher Walken. Really frightening.

Reactions: Flloydo
I think If enough people complain about the way they are ruining collecting and prices are awful then they mignt take it on board but I doubt it. I've just sent them a message about the 7 they have annonced for the next two months (and I'm not even interested in 5 of those) and then 2 more pixar and Oz in May at those prices) (the pixar will drop but not by much and maybe Oz by £1-£2) I'm at a point now where I don't want to collect these anymore and they should be no more than £9:99 and the pixirs at £17.99 maybe and the same with Oz. It's ridicolous . I've messaged them anyway as feedback

Sorry but i think its a bit of a cheek to put the blame only at zavvis door when ALL the retailers are CLEALY at it. Together as a collective they are $hittting on collecting 4 many ppl with the sheer overall volume. This aint no way just the fault of zavvi. :cigar:

... look at King Kong. no decent release for YEARS, then when zavvi successfully release a new awesome gloss steel, all the other retailers jump in on the action like the spineless roaches they are. :meh: …The result for the majority who have no interest in buying the exact same steelbook 300 times over is a greatly reduced significance of a initially spectacular steelbook that cld of been talked about for years to come :squint: …now the market is totally flooded with these new Kong releasees and its jus like any other steel rlease IMO, due to the collective greed of all the retailers as a whole :vomit:

And to make an already bad situation worse, everything that has been successful this year, in spite of multiple releases ww, will get released AGAIN in a few years! :facepalm: just look at the new wolverine/1st class steels…. i bet u see them get another 20 releases from the north pole to freakin china….. I fukkiing hate this multiple reprint re-release ****!!!! :punch: :angry: :mad:

:chill pill: *calm*

Anyway, what i do now is i jus stick to my home market and just buy steels that I 100% want, long as they are not overpriced. Im buying FAR less than i was in 2012 :thumbs: ….. If i think the deal is reasonable and i really want it i'll order, otherwise who freakin cares???? ...not like there wont be another 500 chances to get the same steel or a re-release :bored:

Reactions: Flloydo
Sorry but i think its a bit of a cheek to put the blame only at zavvis door when ALL the retailers are CLEALY at it. Together as a collective they are $hittting on collecting 4 many ppl with the sheer overall volume. This aint no way just the fault of zavvi. :cigar:

... look at King Kong. no decent release for YEARS, then when zavvi successfully release a new awesome gloss steel, all the other retailers jump in on the action like the spineless roaches they are. :meh: …The result for the majority who have no interest in buying the exact same steelbook 300 times over is a greatly reduced significance of a initially spectacular steelbook that cld of been talked about for years to come :squint: …now the market is totally flooded with these new Kong releasees and its jus like any other steel rlease IMO, due to the collective greed of all the retailers as a whole :vomit:

And to make an already bad situation worse, everything that has been successful this year, in spite of multiple releases ww, will get released AGAIN in a few years! :facepalm: just look at the new wolverine/1st class steels…. i bet u see them get another 20 releases from the north pole to freakin china….. I fukkiing hate this multiple reprint re-release ****!!!! :punch: :angry: :mad:

:chill pill: *calm*

Anyway, what i do now is i jus stick to my home market and just buy steels that I 100% want, long as they are not overpriced. Im buying FAR less than i was in 2012 :thumbs: ….. If i think the deal is reasonable and i really want it i'll order, otherwise who freakin cares???? ...not like there wont be another 500 chances to get the same steel or a re-release :bored:

I swear that no other retailer releases as much as zavvi but I may be wrong and I was under the impression that certain studios when they put a catalogue title out then they have plans for other countries depending on where around the world that particular film does well. I thought for instance your example with king Kong that when it went to zavvi there were already deals in place with other countries and not other retailers in other countries seeing zavvis releases and thinking we want that too. Didn't realise it was like that. And when it says print run 2000 then I thought it was standard that means the rest of the print run will pop up elsewhere. Also one of my point is that some of these films are just pointless and why do they accept them. I remember reading something last year from zavvi how they all choose films for steelbook so half the time I'm under the impression this is the steelbook staffs wants.

It's was just my opinion and not everyone knows this stuff and I have every right to moan at zavvi. What about people who don't follow these forums or have no knowledge about this stuff who might be emailing them too. But then me being here you probably think I should no better. Anyway you make a good point but if I'm not happy with something I will voice my opinion. Cheers anyway

I swear that no other retailer releases as much as zavvi but I may be wrong and I was under the impression that certain studios when they put a catalogue title out then they have plans for other countries depending on where around the world that particular film does well. I thought for instance your example with king Kong that when it went to zavvi there were already deals in place with other countries and not other retailers in other countries seeing zavvis releases and thinking we want that too. Didn't realise it was like that. And when it says print run 2000 then I thought it was standard that means the rest of the print run will pop up elsewhere. Also one of my point is that some of these films are just pointless and why do they accept them. I remember reading something last year from zavvi how they all choose films for steelbook so half the time I'm under the impression this is the steelbook staffs wants.

It's was just my opinion and not everyone knows this stuff and I have every right to moan at zavvi. What about people who don't follow these forums or have no knowledge about this stuff who might be emailing them too. But then me being here you probably think I should no better. Anyway you make a good point but if I'm not happy with something I will voice my opinion. Cheers anyway

trust me i'm no zavvi fanboi, but u only have to scroll down the forums to see that its not just zavvi ...anyway i generally rate zavvi when they put out a steel that has not been released before. shows willingness to try somthin new and acknowledging most people what to expand their collections with NEW FILMS, not the same 3 movies in 300 different formats :vomit:.... if a person don't like a particuar new release, so what? ...move on to one that u do like. just cuz u dont like the movie dont mean it dont deserve a steelbook LOL ... its not your problem man :cool:

Anyway i was more ranting of my frustrations in general mate :thumbs:

Last edited:
Reactions: snooloui
trust me i'm no zavvi fanboi, but u only have to down is scroll down the forums to see that its not just zavvi ...anyway i generally rate zavvi when they put out a steel that has not been released before. shows willingness to try somthin new and acknowledging most people what to expand their collections with NEW FILMS, not the same 3 movies in 300 different formats :vomit:.... if a person don't like a particuar new release, so what? ...move on to one that u do like. just cuz u dont like the movie dont mean it dont deserve a steelbook LOL ... its not your problem man :cool:

Anyway i was more ranting of my frustrations in general mate :thumbs:

Fair dos, my gripe is the ones I want they seem to just bung on the same month and they are costly. They take the mick a bit with prices . Also I have alot of agg with them with my queries so I just hate on them a lot now but I agree they do have some amazing releases. 95% of my monthly steels come from them. But i mostly buy from the UK anyway.

Reactions: SaberTooth
That is a great mock up. When hearing it was announced, I instantly thought of the teaser poster with the moon and the horseman. If it's not that, it'll probably be a let down

Reactions: lolwut
Oh, I'm not familiar with the JP disc. The UK is definitely better than the US disc with its MPEG-2 encode. Unfortunately the UK has ZERO extras unlike the US release.
Yes, the UK is better than the crappy US MPEG-2 for sure. It just doesn't stack up to the JPN unfortunately... One of the major gripes I have with companies releasing BDs. Why don't they just get it right first time!

Reactions: lolwut and Flloydo
It's amusing that Zavvi announces steelbooks of two films that got a TV show adaptation (Nikita ended last year on the CW, Sleepy Hollow has been renewed for a third season by FOX). It would have been really odd, had they announced Parenthood and About a Boy steelbooks.

Much like Nikita, this will be mine. And I'm still baffled by the fact that some people still haven't realized that no regular catalogue releases have been priced at £20 by Zaavi and that it always lowers before pre-orders go live. It truly feels like some people who know better are just downright trolling, I don't know what they're getting out of doing so.

It's amusing that Zavvi announces steelbooks of two films that got a TV show adaptation (Nikita ended last year on the CW, Sleepy Hollow has been renewed for a third season by FOX). It would have been really odd, had they announced Parenthood and About a Boy steelbooks.

Much like Nikita, this will be mine. And I'm still baffled by the fact that some people still haven't realized that no regular catalogue releases have been priced at £20 by Zaavi and that it always lowers before pre-orders go live. It truly feels like some people who know better are just downright trolling, I don't know what they're getting out of doing so.
Collector's are simply giving an opinion, as many are worried that if the sheer volume of steel's being released continue's, they will be priced out of the market, everyone on here know's that £20 for this title is just a place holder and it will probably be £15 (still to high IMO), Nobody's trolling though, simply giving there honest opinion.

The problem i have is if you are going to have a steelbook of a classic film a new transfer would be appreciated as just sticking an old transfer in a tin box is just ripping of the public. The laserdisc pressing of Sleepy Hollow is superb and have been surprised there has been no excellent DVD or blu-ray pressing to date. And if anyone is after the laserdisc pressing, good luck. Very very hard to get hold off. I was lucky to get it when it first appeared.
Anyway back on topic, I will have to think long and hard about this release as it's bound to be the poor blu-ray pressing we have had to date.

Collector's are simply giving an opinion, as many are worried that if the sheer volume of steel's being released continue's, they will be priced out of the market, everyone on here know's that £20 for this title is just a place holder and it will probably be £15 (still to high IMO), Nobody's trolling though, simply giving there honest opinion.

Bang on mate, I'm only assuming what he said was direct at me and few others when we have all pretty much said its a place holder and not realising most of the opinions Including mine have been more about volumes and saturating the market. Also the price won't drop by much but hopefully like a few others have mentioned will be £12.99 or less but I highly doubt that. Cheers

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666