Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 7, 2014
Tatooine
Release date: December 23, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-orders will be live around 6pm on Friday 25th November)
Price: £24.99

11369767-6674436648712438.jpg

11369767-3414436648762043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
and then:D....and then:D...they made the lenticular art the same as the front artwork,
which in turn was the same artwork from the original release :D

i'm keeping the original release since i like back art where the Evil Queen disguised as an 'old witch' is offering the poisoned apple,
an iconic art befitting the storyline IMHO

I don't think people understand that the point of these re-releases are the Lenticular covers. There are many people, like me, that aren't interested in purchasing a movie if it's not released with a lenticular cover or slip...
I am ecstatic and have all of the original Amaray with Lenti slips but passes on the the steels because they weren't Lenticular.
Now I am happy!

They may be the point but they will be the worst point about it

Also that's what Disney and zavvi want you to think when really it's so they can sell it again and make more money. So really the lenti is smoke and mirrors and you just admitted you've fallen for their magic trick. Remember some of these now have 3D where it wasn't include before (toy story and nemo), spine title where it wasn't included before (frozen), new art in some cases (lion king and front of other and backs in other cases). And lastly the part that will be most disappointing.... The lenti

Original ammray lenti slips will be much better than these magnetic lentis (I have most the Pixar ones too and a few Disney And they are great - especially the Pixar ones from the US with embossed titles - monsters inc is awesome with door opening )

They may be the point but they will be the worst point about it

Also that's what Disney and zavvi want you to think when really it's so they can sell it again and make more money. So really the lenti is smoke and mirrors and you just admitted you've fallen for their magic trick. Remember some of these now have 3D where it wasn't include before (toy story and nemo), spine title where it wasn't included before (frozen), new art in some cases (lion king and front of other and backs in other cases). And lastly the part that will be most disappointing.... The lenti

Original ammray lenti slips will be much better than these magnetic lentis (I have most the Pixar ones too and a few Disney And they are great - especially the Pixar ones from the US with embossed titles - monsters inc is awesome with door opening )

I totally get what you're saying... It feels like you're being taken advantage of by a company you have already given your hard earned money to over and over again.

You could easily end up purchasing 5 versions of every movie....

To keep myself from going bankrupt I set some rules for myself:
1.) I only purchase 3D & 4K UHD Blurays
2.) I purchase the Amaray version unless a lenticular slipcover is not offered
3.) I purchase regular blurays only:
a. For movies that are extra special to me
b. from FA, BLUFANS, PA, ML, HDZeta, Mantalab etc... (and only the Lenti version)

This has the good art from the DVD-size US blu-ray, later used on the Zavvi steelbook. This is good art -- a sleek modernization of the original stock art. I don't see a point to sticking a lenti on a steelbook though.

This has the good art from the DVD-size US blu-ray, later used on the Zavvi steelbook. This is good art -- a sleek modernization of the original stock art. I don't see a point to sticking a lenti on a steelbook though.

Gives customers a choice to buying some disneys that are all of the same theme rather than having some that didn't and become the odd one out. The original releases and themes didn't have Lenti covers.

missed out the first so prolly picking this up... just need to throw the ugly lenti in the trash and it's almost good as the first release.

missed out the first so prolly picking this up... just need to throw the ugly lenti in the trash and it's almost good as the first release.
I wouldn't be too hasty about lenti and trash . . . quite possible that Disney has gone back to the drawing board with this run and will give us the best lenticular magnets ever.
tumblr_oghsl3mSfw1uzae1ko1_500.gif

Many of us will of course have all of these Disney animated film in steelbooks but for the collectors new to the scene/steelbook experience and hungry for new (for them) steelbooks these releases are a Godsend.

Last edited:
This is going to stay in stock for a long time. I expect a price cut as the other one stayed in stock for a long time until it sold out.

This is going to stay in stock for a long time. I expect a price cut as the other one stayed in stock for a long time until it sold out.

with the lack of art improvement i dont see any of the disney collection rereleases selling well except very few like lion king, aladdin, beauty & beast and tangled maybe. this will just lead into another incomplete half way collection.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu-steel
with the lack of art improvement i dont see any of the disney collection rereleases selling well except very few like lion king, aladdin, beauty & beast and tangled maybe. this will just lead into another incomplete half way collection.

Yes, I was going to totally agree with you about incomplete Disney collections - Blu-ray Amarays and steelbooks to be sure - but then I remembered the DVDs and consequently felt I was being a bit unfair to The Mouse as they have indeed released a complete collection, albeit on DVD, of their classic numbered spine editions:-
II
V
upload_2016-11-25_23-1-10.png
upload_2016-11-25_23-2-8.png
upload_2016-11-25_23-3-9.png
upload_2016-11-25_23-4-14.png
upload_2016-11-25_23-5-47.png

I be very surprised if this sold out quick. Most people already have the original and it's not like a lot of new collectors missed out on this.

I be very surprised if this sold out quick. Most people already have the original and it's not like a lot of new collectors missed out on this.
I don't expect to sell out quick but it will end up as sold out in a few months
Disney animation sells some quickly and some take a while but all end up as sold out

There is more than double the amount of new steelbook collectors buying steelbooks now compared to last time in 2014 and is why you have seen film studios do a lot of steelbook releases both new and re releases and new retailers doing releases in various countries

Every week you get new customers buying their first steelbook

I would buy this only I don't trust Zavvi to stick to their release dates. (they never do). I could order it right now and find out it's being dispatched tomorrow morning and not have the funds for it.

Sigh.
I'm happy for anyone who wasn't collecting when this first came out on Steel, I really am. But as many people have pointed out, the frustration for us stems from the fact that we're still waiting for them to release first-time Steels of Disney Classics like Lilo, Basil, Black Cauldron etc.
If they were doing these reissues alongside new Disney releases, I'd be all for it.