Sony Catalog Wave (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: November 23, 2014
Price: $14.99
Units: 800 per title (some exceptions)
Group Buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir
Notes: 14 titles total, NO Inside art
Article with PICS: https://www.hidefninja.com/2014/11/16/sony-pop-art-steelbook-wave-at-futureshop/

Best Buy USA have this wave but in larger quantities.
1-7-jpg.105244

8-14-jpg.105245
Titles:
Das Boot
Desperado
District 9
Dr Strangelove
Easy Rider- 100 units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Kung Fu Hustle
Leon the Professional
Snatch
Stripes- 100 Units only (WEB ONLY) SOLD-OUT!
Superbad
Taxi Driver
The Fifth Element
The Karate Kid (1984)
Tommy

Direct purchase links:
SPINE PIC
SPA21.png

Last edited by a moderator:
800 of each title?? Keep checking in to this thread at least twice a day for any news on the titles to be released, then want to jump straight into the group buy on this- Got a feeling at least half of them are going to be titles I want, and don't want to miss out!!
The last Future Shop steel I wanted was the Cap America Winter Soldier to go with all my other Marvel steels (including the Thor 2/Avengers steels with titles on front and spine) I got my sister to get her Canadian friend to order it for me, but turns out either my sister was lying and didn't ask her, or her friend didn't order it. I payed over the odds for it on eBay, and needless to say I don't want a repeat performance!

Solid selection, I see six movies I own in amarays that could use a steelbook upgrade, and a few more that could replace an existing steel if the art and finishes are great... fingers crossed this is at least a step up from the chintzy domestic Warner waves of the past.

Anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed with the choice of films on the list?? While I understand they'd never be able to release a list where every single film is wanted by everyone, surely they had more in their back catalogue than this??
For the record, I'm in for District 9, The Karate Kid & Leon. Just hope the artwork for all the films makes up for the disappointing list!

Reactions: Ricker
Anyone else feel a bit underwhelmed with the choice of films on the list?? While I understand they'd never be able to release a list where every single film is wanted by everyone, surely they had more in their back catalogue than this??
For the record, I'm in for District 9, The Karate Kid & Leon. Just hope the artwork for all the films makes up for the disappointing list!

Seriously disappointed dude! Some great Sony films that don't have steels yet.

Reactions: Andycadle84
I think it's a solid list of titles, at least there are a good few that are new to Steelbook. I'm not sure I will go for any of these though. The obvious concern is quality, it will be interesting to see what Sony decide to do in regards to artwork and finishing.

Reactions: DJ IXS
Great to know I won't have to spend too much... only Fifth Element for me. The rest, easy pass for ME.
Glad to see some new titles that have never been on Steelbook before! GJ Future Shop!

Now... the artworks....