Top Gun (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Embossed (Play.com Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release Date: November 5, 2012
Purchase link: Top Gun
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, spot gloss, inside artwork, clean artwork on back cover, 1 disc edition

33273582_500x500_1.jpg

Actual pics thanks to zesty:
TopGun-1.jpg

TopGun-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a sealed copy of this recently for £19 delivered and it arrived today. It's got a spine slash though which I didn't know about :( Apart from that, it appears mint. Is this a fair price? :bag: Also wondered, did this Steelbook have a tendency for spine slashes? I even see one in @zesty's pics in the OP :cautious:

I think that's a great price. I've seen opened for about 30 pounds. Maybe seller took the spine slash into account for pricing?

I picked up a sealed copy of this recently for £19 delivered and it arrived today. It's got a spine slash though which I didn't know about :( Apart from that, it appears mint. Is this a fair price? :bag: Also wondered, did this Steelbook have a tendency for spine slashes? I even see one in @zesty's pics in the OP :cautious:
Was it on Ebay? If so, was listed with a slashed spine? If not, I would ask for compensation and/or refund.

I think that's a great price. I've seen opened for about 30 pounds. Maybe seller took the spine slash into account for pricing?
Was it on Ebay? If so, was listed with a slashed spine? If not, I would ask for compensation and/or refund.
It was an auction and I won at £16 + £3 P&P. No notes about a spine slash in the description and/or photos. Description did state however that it would be "sent in secure packaging...", yet it arrived in just a jiffy/bubble mailer EEK!:ohno:o_O:rolleyes::facepalm::dead:

LINK

It was an auction and I won at £16 + £3 P&P. No notes about a spine slash in the description and/or photos. Description did state however that it would be "sent in secure packaging...", yet it arrived in just a jiffy/bubble mailer EEK!:ohno:o_O:rolleyes::facepalm::dead:

LINK

Would definitely ask for partial refund. Sneaky seller didn´t even took the picture of the spine because he knew. Bastards - New and sealed - yes of course it is, but no mention of the spine slash.

Reactions: Mickle_89

LINK
NEver say it's damaged... would def. need a partial refund too!

Reactions: Mickle_89

Is it an obvious spine slash? Sometimes I don’t even notice them unless there is a need to examine the steel.

Hmmm, I would personally say it's pretty obvious as I noticed it almost immediately after taking it out of the jiffy bag :rolleyes: Here is a quick pic...
View attachment 366167

As we are fussy collectors we would notice that. But if there is someone who is very casual they probably might thought it was just a rip in the middle of the spine. As it was sent in a jiffy bag he probably didnt really care much about it and didn't examine it as close up as we do.

Spine slashes were very common back in the old Play.com days so QC was an issue. The good news is at least you didnt over pay for this so just take it as discount with the spine slash :p