Top Gun (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Embossed (Play.com Exclusive) [United Kingdom]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release Date: November 5, 2012
Purchase link: Top Gun
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, spot gloss, inside artwork, clean artwork on back cover, 1 disc edition

33273582_500x500_1.jpg

Actual pics thanks to zesty:
TopGun-1.jpg

TopGun-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A few Buzz Killington's in this thread but let's be fair this title needs an upgrade. I didn't buy the German one because the artwork is terrible (IMO) so if Play repeat that, which I doubt, then I won't be buying this one either.

Sticking with my German version. NO reason to double dip on this. I don't expect any blu banner on this one either. I love my blu banners!!!

I never understood before when people used to say they were considering quitting collecting but now I fully understand. I bought the German version just two weeks ago. I might aswell just eBay every German Paramount steelbook I own. Should we have a bet on which titles are next? Who's in for Tropic Thunder, Eagle Eye, Disturbia, Transformers, Collateral, Forrest Gump etc.? It would be nice to see some titles that haven't been released before.

Play.com seem to have been listening to our thoughts in the past, maybe someone should mention our dislike for re-releases. I said it in another thread, but I would much prefer them to draw up a list of possible titles and to run a vote on this forum of which ones we would like to own.

Steelbook collecting is going mainstream, period. They have not set up more factories without the intention of flooding markets.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Reactions: JaysC6
yeah, the final artwork isn't there yet

I reckon it will have the amaray artwork, the same as the German release. Just like Shooter and Saving Private Ryan have the same front artwork as their German counterparts.

Well I've only like last month got into Steelbooks, but has a Top Gun steel book been released in the UK before?

...if not i fail to see how this can be called a "re-release".

btw, This movie sucks imo :)

No it hasn't but steelbook collecting is international. Not many collectors limit themselves to releases from their native country and I don't see why anyone would as there are so many great releases from around the world. Therefore it's pretty annoying when you spend £££s on a steelbook only for a better design to be announced shortly after. I've got to the point where I'm wondering if there's any point in buying steelbooks with printed backs, no inside art and blu-banners as they will most likely get re-released later down the road with a better design. This is clearly something you'll realise further into your steelbook collecting. It's not a criticism, just an observation, something that I believe everyone expierences at some point.

No it hasn't but steelbook collecting is international. Not many collectors limit themselves to releases from their native country and I don't see why anyone would as there are so many great releases from around the world. Therefore it's pretty annoying when you spend £££s on a steelbook only for a better design to be announced shortly after. I've got to the point where I'm wondering if there's any point in buying steelbooks with printed backs, no inside art and blu-banners as they will most likely get re-released later down the road with a better design. This is clearly something you'll realise further into your steelbook collecting. It's not a criticism, just an observation, something that I believe everyone expierences at some point.

ahhh ok i see your point. Speaking for myself, I'm only interested in UK steelbooks because i have no desire to own something covered in writing i dont understand. Indeed, German writing allover Transformers or Iron Man would seriously de-value a SB in my eyes.

ahhh ok i see your point. Speaking for myself, I'm only interested in UK steelbooks because i have no desire to own something covered in writing i dont understand. Indeed, German writing allover Transformers or Iron Man would seriously de-value a SB in my eyes.

Foreign titles on the front of a steelbook are a problem for me and I tend to avoid them myself, but printed backs in a foreign language are not an issue - you know what the film is about before you buy it so you don't need to read the back. The text is so small you don't even notice anyway.