Underworld: Awakening (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Please be aware, some if not many, Best Buy stores have assigned the same sku to the Lenticular version, as they have to the Steelbook version. So if you ordered online based on the sku shown in the initial pictures that surfaced, you may not receive a Steelbook, but a Lenticular version.

Found some info on an other forum, this one has been confirmd as a Best Buy Exclusive in the USA. Region free.

attachment.php

Release date: May 8th 2012
Price: $24.99
Region: A, B and C
Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MA, French 5.1 DTS-HD MA
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish

Additional pictures (thanks to ash333) -
kate1.jpg

kate2.jpg

kate3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what the rep said. I wouldn't order from that link in the OP until we have definitive confirmation of which one were actually getting.

Just order both for store pick up. Its Best Buy they will let you return it unopened and they don't charge you CC until you pick the item up. Its literally a no lose situation to keep the order open

Reactions: urbeenjammin
I just talked to a national rep and she asked 3 different supervisors and could not track it down. Two days from release and they can't track it down!? Sounds fishy to me. I should not have canceled my order from Mehdi's GB. Now I'll have to go see if he'll let me back on. :ohno:

Best Buy is notorious for last minute pricing confusion. The sku on the Steelbook in the OP ends with '212'. The sku in the link ends with 212. When 'Salt' (by Sony) was released it was priced $24.99. The 'Legacy' collection has a list price of $75.99 as it does at Amazon, and on Best Buy's site is priced at $44.95. Please feel free to wait to purchase in store, but it seems the sku confirms it.

Reactions: ocielz
I really hope that they won't carry just 3 or 5 copies:( its good that BB is getting some steels but man.... they gotta put their act together!!! Like having a link to the Steelbook or a link to pre order the steel, this just adds stress to us poor collectors.

I really hope that they won't carry just 3 or 5 copies:( its good that BB is getting some steels but man.... they gotta put their act together!!! Like having a link to the Steelbook or a link to pre order the steel, this just adds stress to us poor collectors.

Tell me about it. It's very confusing and I used PayPal to pay for it so even though they refunded me I still have to wait until it clears to have access to those funds again. :angry:

The problem is the US has not yet been proven to want steelbooks like in CA and the UK etc.. and with every sotre comin out with their own exclusives BB probably hasn't yet determined whether or not it is something to play up. Granted if you are going to offer something like that you would want word to get out but then again for the few collectors that really are stressing over this versus the masses who are likely clueless and think of it a something neat, the mases win

Reactions: ocielz
Best Buy is notorious for last minute pricing confusion. The sku on the Steelbook in the OP ends with '212'. The sku in the link ends with 212. When 'Salt' (by Sony) was released it was priced $24.99. The 'Legacy' collection has a list price of $75.99 as it does at Amazon, and on Best Buy's site is priced at $44.95. Please feel free to wait to purchase in store, but it seems the sku confirms it.

Amazon has it for $39.96 now(Legacy Collection)

Hey Ocielz-yes, the 'List' price of the item is the same at BB as it is at Amazon. The 'Retail' price is different.

Yeah posted that to help folks draw comparisons between these different items. I am sure it's causing confusion at BB, because this one seems to have been made available to them pretty close to release....

Is this available from today??
It's not the BB website?

Rix, BB often does not include the word 'Steelbook' in their listings. The link we suspect, based on the sku in the pictures in OP, is in the 1st post. I am sure we'll hear reports soon to confirm link 100% once deliveries/pick ups start.

Reactions: RiX
AGHHHH!! I HATE BB. I was just on the phone with them for over a half an hour. They finally told me they were not getting any 3d versions of the movie in. This is the only BB within a 65 mile radius. WTF. Don't even get me started on the Ghost Rider steel. Idiots

Rix, BB often does not include the word 'Steelbook' in their listings. The link we suspect, based on the sku in the pictures in OP, is in the 1st post. I am sure we'll hear reports soon to confirm link 100% once deliveries/pick ups start.

Okay cheers,

i've only ordered of amazon in the states before - you can tell i'm new to this..

..any new releases in the states worth getting my hands on in the coming weeks? My aunt's got Scarface ltd and Dark Knight as they're missing from my collection :emb:

AGHHHH!! I HATE BB. I was just on the phone with them for over a half an hour. They finally told me they were not getting any 3d versions of the movie in. This is the only BB within a 65 mile radius. WTF. Don't even get me started on the Ghost Rider steel. Idiots

Rick, it's the biggest BB in the state. Order the 3d version on the website, do the in-store pickup and I can guarantee you are going to get a copy of the steelbook.

If my little store gets 2-3 on average, they're bound to get that many at that store.

Reactions: ash333