Wall·E (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #12) [China]

Oct 21, 2013
Nanjing, China
Release date: August, 2014
Notes: WEA, Exclusive Slipcover(Lenticular &Full Slip), 2D(Region A and C) + Bonus disc(All Region)

front.jpg

inside art
back.jpg

Lenticular slip
102500zcfx31o0k1yfryv1.jpg

Full slip
102459ynftvy6v16kuwuwp.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 917
Last edited:
This is really bizarre - it says I'm watching this thread but I've never heard of this release until today on Facebook. I don't know how I missed the announcement for this both here and at the Blu-ray forums as I watch for new steelbooks daily.

It is because there was no title announced, it was supposed to be Gravity but this ended up not being releases due to art disagreement between the studio and blufans. So This title was ONLY announced YESTERDAY NIGHT. It's the reason you only got the news yesterday as it was only announced by blufans yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: lolwut
It is because there was no title announced, it was supposed to be Gravity but this ended up not being releases due to art disagreement between the studio and blufans. So This title was ONLY announced YESTERDAY NIGHT. It's the reason you only got the news yesterday as it was only announced by blufans yesterday.

Ah okay, the thread title and OP were updated after the announcement. That might be why I was confused.

Now that is a nice lookin steel, the futureshop version always held the trophy for a great pixar steel but this may be the toppler
You may be right. Although, the Futureshop/Best Buy edition is a really high bar to pass, one of my favourite steelbooks. But after viewing other blufan releases on here, I think it is certainly possible.

Reactions: zues
The back art (or lack of) is terrible.

Am I allowed to say that about a blu fans release?! Obviously if it was a UK / European / US steel everyone would be moaning...

Awaits generic "it suits the tone of the film" and "this will sit nicely alongside X steelbook" comments :hilarious:

Reactions: Jay37 and mlmaier84
I wouldn't say it's terrible - just not very adventurous. As a wrap-a-round cover it flows nicely, but I don't know anyone who displays their steels fully opened. I'm more interested in what the slips are going to look like :)

Reactions: mlmaier84
The back art (or lack of) is terrible.

Am I allowed to say that about a blu fans release?! Obviously if it was a UK / European / US steel everyone would be moaning...

Awaits generic "it suits the tone of the film" and "this will sit nicely alongside X steelbook" comments :hilarious:

I'm one of the few that isn't a fan of the FS/BB release and think that this one is a breath of fresh air. Yes, the back is blank, but as [emoji668]Rob[emoji668] puts it, I won't be displaying the backside.

I wouldn't say it's terrible - just not very adventurous. As a wrap-a-round cover it flows nicely, but I don't know anyone who displays their steels fully opened. I'm more interested in what the slips are going to look like :)

I too am quite curious as to what they do with the slip in this one. How it turns out will dictate whether I open it or not.

Reactions: harry and Marco86